Moggi: Genious or just Lucky? (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I used to think that Lippi was the main man behind the winning Juve of the mid/late 90s, however with time I learnt and discovered that the real man behind all of our successes was Moggi.

Since his arrival, Juve has grown stronger and stronger, winning all there is to win. He discovered many players who nowadays are considered as the best players in the world. He rarely buys an over rated poor player (only Blanchard and Mirkovic come to mind). He's a true market genious and the man with the plan.

Do you agree? Or do you think there are more important people in this Juve team/management of the past 8/9 years that brought us so many triumphs? Discuss.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    Sacchi? Sacchi's never been a GM. He's been a coach and at Parma he's been a Technical Director. Different roles.

Baiocco's good, but he did not find space at Juve. Did you seeh im play lately at Piacenza? Made some good performances.

Paramatti was a decent sub. Hey he helped us arrive to the Coppa Italia final last season ;)

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Apart from Zambrotta, we never had any other player that was able to cross better than Dimas from the left hand side ;)

Stop the name droppings :D The good purchases outweigh the bad purchases.

Imagine if we had Oriali (Inter's GM) we would be talking about players such as Gresko, etc :)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
    Sacchi? Sacchi's never been a GM. He's been a coach and at Parma he's been a Technical Director. Different roles.
    According to some parma fans I spoke to Sacchi is very inflential and it is in fact he that makes the transfer decisions at Parma, certainly the likes of adriano, mutu, getting 55 million off us for thuram and gigi, getting 18 for divaio, buying bonera cheap, the man knows what he's doing. Moggi on the other hand I often wonder if he watches our games at all, because we are often poor and completely lacking creativity but he doesn't seem to care or do anything about it.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    Was he a TD when they sold us Buffon and Thuram? Can't remember. Moggi has kept juve in the green, whilst Inter have a yearly net loss of around 100m euros!

I think with the limited cash he has available, he does a pretty good job. Imagine him as GM of Inter, he would be buying them the best players around, instead of them buying shit players left right and centre.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    limited cash available? are you talking moggi or sacchi here? If Moggi was in charge of Inter I think they would just not buy anyone at all. If Sacchi were in charge they'd probably win the treble.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Talking about Moggi. With Moggi they would buy few but useful players, not many unneeded ones. The limited cash is in reference to Juve.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    i don't belive that it is one man succes.ofcourse moggi has good effect on our club.but don't forget betega and giraudo too and lippi.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    true I guess, but a lot of its down to moggi. I am not by any means an expert on this matter but i find it hard to believe there is a lack of funds available.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    Yeah the triad, but Bettega and Giraudo have more of administrative roles, whereas Moggi is directly involved in the transfers.

A month or two ago, there was an interview with Moggi, where when asked how he chooses players, he said that he follows them for some time to find out not only their technical abilities but also their pshycological abilities. That is a player that acts like a twat and disrupts the harmony of the dressing room will never be a juve player (anelka, etc...). Thought it was quite interesting, as other teams seem to leave out that part when acquiring players, and get themselves into trouble thanks to these players. In fact I don't think we ever had a trouble maker at juve during Moggi's reign, or am I forgetting anyone?

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    true I guess, but a lot of its down to moggi. I am not by any means an expert on this matter but i find it hard to believe there is a lack of funds available.
    Money at Juve is available, however only a small amount is allocated to transfer funds (except that season we sold Zidane and received the 75m Euros). In today's market clubs need to watch out from ending in the red.

I`m proud that Juve was the only team last year not to end up in the red from all italian teams. And they still won the league. Just shows that to win, you don't need to spend too much money, but just a bit and wisely.

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #17
    You think so? I think we spend it well enough. As longas we keep on winning, it means that the purchases and managerial decisions are good enough.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    nedved thuram and buffon were all bought for inflated prices. I reckon we could have got them cheaper, same for marco

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)