Moggi: "Barca must double Trez bid" (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Barca "must double" Trez bid
Sunday 6 June, 2004

Juve transfer guru Luciano Moggi admits David Trezeguet has a deal with Barcelona, but the Spaniards must double their current cash offer.

“They are offering us £6.6m,” revealed the Director General, “and we want at least £13m, so right now the negotiations are at a standstill. Trezeguet already has an agreement with Barca, but we’ll only sell him on our terms.”

The rapport between Trezeguet and Juventus has been deteriorating for several months and his contract, which expires in 2005, has not been renewed.

The Frenchman was furious that his wages were not taken to the same level as captain Alessandro Del Piero, while the club considered his many injuries and disappointing work rate to be a problem.

“Juve gave me their word and cannot act in this manner,” Trezeguet had told a newspaper last week. “To replace me they need to find a striker who can score 20 goals a season, and that isn’t so easy nowadays.”

New Coach Fabio Capello would prefer a stronger English-style centre-forward for his system and they are in talks to bring back Christian Vieri from Inter.

Meanwhile, it is well known that Trezeguet has reached a basic agreement with Barcelona for a four-year contract worth £2m a season, plus bonus payments for success in the Liga, Champions’ League and Copa del Rey.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
hahahahah.... club as prick as Juventus deserve this prick play by Barcelona.... now they have no choice but to accept a lowered bid as the have to sell him this season no matter what or else we would have another Davids case...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
£6.6m is how many euros? What exactly is the conversion rate of £s to €s? :undecide:

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
LOL!!! £6.6m???????
even £13 seems a bit to low!?

the problem is that Chelsea would probably pay better, but Trez has
said, I'm the one that will decide where I will play and if I leave JUVE
it will be to BARCA!

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
So.. *gets out calculator* £13m is about €19.5m which isn't bad at all... I was hoping for a bit more but that'll do.

Sep 14, 2003
Wasn't Trez asking for 3.5M Euros a season? It would be odd to offer a player who is older, more money, regardless to whether Capello has asked for the player.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
Wasn't Trez asking for 3.5M Euros a season? It would be odd to offer a player who is older, more money, regardless to whether Capello has asked for the player.
hmmm.. but Vieri is class... the only negative factor is his injury proneness... he deserves that money .. the same as David Trezeguet deserve his...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)