Mmm..Negative balance in numbers (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
i've checked the article, sorry....i misunderstood it :p it just mentioned that we signed a 12year deal with nike worth 120mil. and that we're bracnhing out of italy, that's all.

we shud change city......:p

on the other thread that sally wrote (thanx sally!), we're opening academies in italy, asia etc.....how can we do that if we dont have money?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
i dont think starting academies in asia or anything would cost much. its dirt cheap to do stuff there.

as far as i know the only difference between this season and the last is the nike sponsorship deal

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
If this is true. Then will the new UEFA rule make us suffer even more.

The new UEFA president will collect all the financial documents by the end of the season. And all the clubs who have negative numbers will not get a license to participate in the european competitions.

He wants to make it more fair for the small clubs.

Ex. Madrid are always in depth, because they always buy huge names, but they pay their depths over a longer period. And the new president wants to forbid that, and only let the clubs buy players for their own money.

If we end up with negative numbers by the end of this season, we might not get a UEFA license, and therefore we might not play CL next year...

But i honestly dont think that will happen, because Juve usually have good financial records.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
If this is true. Then will the new UEFA rule make us suffer even more.

The new UEFA president will collect all the financial documents by the end of the season. And all the clubs who have negative numbers will not get a license to participate in the european competitions.

He wants to make it more fair for the small clubs.

Ex. Madrid are always in depth, because they always buy huge names, but they pay their depths over a longer period. And the new president wants to forbid that, and only let the clubs buy players for their own money.

If we end up with negative numbers by the end of this season, we might not get a UEFA license, and therefore we might not play CL next year...

But i honestly dont think that will happen, because Juve usually have good financial records.
I dont think it has to do with the end-of-year figures, it probably has to to with total club depth. Meaning it doesnt matter we're in red one year, if we still have money on the bank account. When we go into debt or havent payed the player wages, then we might not get an UEFA license.

Besides, I think financial stability is a big part in attracting players: say if a player had to chose between Juve and Roma, who would he pick? Roma who owe their players 6 months of salary or Juve who alaways pay up on time?

Len

Feb 13, 2004
I read in the news that this summer, juve might change their transfer policy due to not making a profit. Meaning top stars like Nedved Might be sold!!!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Here a follow up from Football Italia

===

Juve unveil transfer strategy
Posted by Alex | Football Italia

For the first time in seven years Juventus have failed to make a profit, but they continue to accuse other clubs of failing to play by the rules.

“The competitions are not legal,” insisted administrator Antonio Giraudo. “Some clubs are not sticking by the rules and those who cannot afford to pay their players should not be allowed to compete.”

The statement is clearly aimed at second placed Roma – who have only recently paid wages up to and including June 2003 – and Lazio.

However, for the first time in seven years the Turin giants have failed to make a profit at the end of the financial year.

“After all this time we can afford a slight slip,” insisted Giraudo in an interview with ‘La Stampa’ newspaper.

“We have always been competitive and will continue to be at the top of Italian football. In any case, we plan to cut costs by a further 10 per cent next year.”

It has been suggested that this financial hiccup could push Juve to sell ageing top stars such as Pavel Nedved.

“I predict few major moves,” added the director, “and a lot of swop deals in the current climate.”

“Juventus must remember that it has an extraordinary youth system at its disposal and the club must make the most of that.”

Aug 1, 2003
If we're really in trouble and get good money off Nedved I wouldn't mind for the betterment of the club.

We have to do well this season to avoid anymore troubles. Shite, these things worry me.

Febrina

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by kaizer ] ++
:down: guess hydde's article is true after all. where have all the money gone....?
Good question Kaizer ;)
Gosh, too many financial problems for serieA team nowadays.
It's hard to believe it's happen to Juventus. Maybe the serie A team should learn a good management from ManUtd!

Aug 1, 2003
We're not in a bad situation, but we're not in a good one either. I think this situation is something like a 'reminder' for us to be careful.

And I don't think we'd be like Parma, for Parma I blame it all on Tanzi and I'm sure the Agnellis won't do the same to their beloved Juventus.

Art^

StrikerMania Champ 2004
Jan 11, 2003
I just dont get it. In the summer, we bought players and renewed some contracts. And we had a little profit.

But now, we haven't bought any one. We even got rid of 3 players, and we all of sudden have minus :(

Wonder if its the new stadium that costs so much?

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
I just dont get it. In the summer, we bought players and renewed some contracts. And we had a little profit.

But now, we haven't bought any one. We even got rid of 3 players, and we all of sudden have minus :(

Wonder if its the new stadium that costs so much?
Jus look at the juve buisness website its been fairly obvious for the last few years, with almost all our incomes steadily dropping year by year that these tmes were coming and maybe it gives some indication to people of why we dont make these buys everyone keeps harping on about.

People like to slag of manu as merchandize utd and all that crap but their clever buiseness sense has put them into the position of being what is probably the only top flight club that is financialy sound and in no need of assistance from any outside forces.

Its time people realised football money is dead now (has been for the last few years in reality), its not there anymore, the tv money gets smaller every year, the sponsorship gets less with every new deal... Clubs need money from else where

Its time to understand that what people slag moggi etal off for is indeed for the good of our club and not a lack of passion or guts...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
The fact that the world press likes to characterize Italian Football as Ugly doesn't help Juve, or for that matter, any other Italian team's worldwide appeal all that much, either.

Here in the States, ManU has an enormous following, and it had nothing to do with Beckham. They are seen as regal, in both club history, and style of football. I also think, and this is just my theory, that since English is a universal language, this helps out ManU greatly, because more people can relate due to their knowledge of the language.

Jan 24, 2004
I think the financial situation is the result of new investements in the stadium. and for sure debts will decrease until season's end if juve can manage to stay in all competitions as long as possible. and the nike deal doesn't earn so much money... for example: nike gives a bonus for winning scudetto, cl and suppercopa(?)...at least for three trophies...and bonus is about 4,5 milions euro. that wouldn't be enough to pay 2/3 of DP's salary :)

the sponsoring of nike is numbered approx. 30 milion/year (it increases over the years until 2014(?))...I guess this amount doesn't suffice wages of the whole team.

so nike isn't our goldmine .. it's just our strategic partner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)