MLS 2018 (2 Viewers)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

Why do they hate Football so much?
They don't. The MLS had a 20,000 average attendance last year. That's brought more people to the stadiums than in Eredivise and even the Argentine league, both being very traditional footballing countries.

These are just stupid people, they're everywhere. See, the thing is, If Europe was a single country as big as this one you'd have just as many stupid people. Actually You have them but at least they're split over dozens of different countries living in different cultures.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
They don't. The MLS had a 20,000 average attendance last year. That's brought more people to the stadiums than in Eredivise and even the Argentine league, both being very traditional footballing countries.

These are just stupid people, they're everywhere. See, the thing is, If Europe was a single country as big as this one you'd have just as many stupid people. Actually You have them but at least they're split over dozens of different countries living in different cultures.
Not necessarily disagreeing, with your last part, but absolute viewing figures are extremely misleading in this case, the US' population size is just way bigger than the on of the Netherland or Argentina.

- - - Updated - - -

No dude we don't hate American Football we just don't care Oo
In fact we love Rugby which is the non pussy version of AF and it's greatly followed, well not as much as football but still a lot
In general I'd say that most US-Americans don't care about football either. A couple of dozens of twitter posts aren't representative for a whole country.

And I guarantee you that you could easily make a similar collage with European American Football haters, though the least of them in English of course.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
Not necessarily disagreeing, with your last part, but absolute viewing figures are extremely misleading in this case, the US' population size is just way bigger than the on of the Netherland or Argentina.
You're right it's much bigger and that comparison would be unfair but we have to remember an important point; Football is at least 120 or some years old (i don't remember exactly and no need to look for it anyway). 20 years ago it wasn't even America's 5th favorite sport. To come from that to what it's becoming, breaking all the conservative barriers that were always there against a foreign sport like it was an alien invasion, is a huge step up.

So when you see attendances that only get bigger every year, leaving traditional footballing nations behind, it's something amazing.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
nope cause i'm not comparing Football with American Football.
But Rugby with American Football.
Playing with no-amors vs playing with it. tell me which is the pussy sport in the case
It doesn't matter what you're comparing, it's the mentality of risking serious injury somehow makes a sport better or more "manly." By that logic we should all be one of those UFC douchebags since obviously everything is inferior.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
It doesn't matter what you're comparing, it's the mentality of risking serious injury somehow makes a sport better or more "manly." By that logic we should all be one of those UFC douchebags since obviously everything is inferior.
Dude just playing the same exact way you americans do.
Cause when you argue with one all he talk is comparing a different sport with another to make himself feel better. Still Rugby which is like Football but without protections is hardly mentioned by the same usa followers.

Anyhow i don't really care what piss me off is the arrogance like in every other matter americans has toward what it's not "the american way" or simply at what they suck at.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Cause when you argue with one all he talk is comparing a different sport with another to make himself feel better. Still Rugby which is like Football but without protections is hardly mentioned by the same usa followers.

Anyhow i don't really care what piss me off is the arrogance like in every other matter americans has toward what it's not "the american way" or simply at what they suck at.
Isn't rugby more similar to soccer, just with hands? I've only watched it once so I don't know all that much about it, but it looked nothing like football.

That is done by people from every country on the face of the Earth, but yes it is very annoying.

Still, the sport is growing here A LOT in the last few years, though from what I see it seems mostly centered on the national team.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013

There is no "the Americans" though, plenty of diverse opinions over there as with every country.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
FFS, I missed it. Awesome to see the celebration in the stands, and Mallace made the pass haha.

- - - Updated - - -

They're stupid, what can you do?

- - - Updated - - -

I want to start watching MLS, but my choices are either a corporate mascot or the child of Manchester City and the Yankees. :yuck:
Red Bull is a cool club, if we disregard the brand itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't rugby more similar to soccer, just with hands? I've only watched it once so I don't know all that much about it, but it looked nothing like football.
That would be handball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)