Mirko Vučinić (35 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The choice to sell him is already made.
Conte uses the players he considers starters at 80-90% of the games, but the main reason he does it, to get the best result we can get all times.
With Vucinic the situation is a bit more complicated. He is not benched because of his inferior quality, but mostly because of tactical decisions, but benching is a double burden, firstly it squashes our chances to sell him for a decent ammount (selling already is Marotta's weakness as it is) and second the forwards need to rotate more than any other spot, because it is asked from them to perform more sprints and individual efforts at explosing rates, rather than consistent efforts.

What Conte did this season with Vucinic was a strategic mistake. But it can still be fixed in a degree, by using him more now, in the end, just so that he can shine a bit and hold a decent price tag.
Of course Conte is frustrated by his goal wasting, which is accentuated by the fact that he creates more chances and is bound to waste even more, but with some tactical swifts maybe he could find a way to make the Llorente-Vucinic partnership remotely usefull, esp against the lesser serie A eams.

Of course Tevez is the most reliable solution for thestarter place and all the important games, but i really doubt that the acquisition of Osvaldo really added smth to the team, that Vucinic couldnt...
Ok Vocinic sucks at finishing but Osvaldo is so much better than him and his SS skills are clearly inferior.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
We are fuked either way with players that have no future with us (osvaldo) and players that we cannot sell at any good price (gio, vuc, isla, peluso).

Beter use Vucinic, llorente Tevez till the end of the season

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why not start with Mirko and see what damage we can do, then take him out when he is unable to cope with it. Conte isnt a blithering fool, no way he expected us to generate offense with Llorente and Osvaldo up top. Even his idea that we could keep a zero for the first hour and then try to win couldb't have survived as we conceded pretty early. It was just a tactical clusterfuck and it looked like he couldnt be arsed to correct it.

Surely Vucinic would have done more than Osvaldo/Llorente if he started along one of them. When Vucinic came on the team looked better.
Allow me to post this again:

And with neither Giovinco nor Vucinic appearing to be fit to play for more than 30 minutes?
No-one is disputing Llorente-Osvaldo was a pair that wasn't likely to work or that Juve wouldn't be better with a fit Vucinic playing, but I don't think starting Vucinic was an option.

I'm sure that if Vucinic had been fit to play more minutes, he would have been brought on sooner.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I'm sure that if Vucinic had been fit to play more minutes, he would have been brought on sooner.
Why didn't he start and work as much as he could, then get subbed out for Osvaldo or Giovinco? That's my beef with it, he approached the game in a manner which I do not agree with. I'm sure he could give a fuck about that fact, but I'm just baffled at the Italian stereotype coming full circle with our coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't take away from him amazing work here and I'd hate it if he left, but it's still a bit weird :p

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
Doesn't take away from him amazing work here and I'd hate it if he left, but it's still a bit weird :p
why do you guys feel like you always have to end an argument about criticizing Conte this way? isn't it obvious that he's done great in the last 3 years with you that it's not even an option that you guys should replace him?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
why do you guys feel like you always have to end an argument about criticizing Conte this way? isn't it obvious that he's done great in the last 3 years with you that it's not even an option that you guys should replace him?
And you're just realizing this now? Been away for a while, I assume.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He hasn't, so don't bother.

Suarez has been magnificent, but the support by the other players, mainly Sturridge (who is a fine player in his own right and a major contributor with 20 goals) has been nothing short of impressive.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Lose Suarez and you'll see
Nice argument.:lol:

- - - Updated - - -

He hasn't, so don't bother.

Suarez has been magnificent, but the support by the other players, mainly Sturridge (who is a fine player in his own right and a major contributor with 20 goals) has been nothing short of impressive.
Our most impressive player has been Henderson this season. But enough Liverpool talk in this thread. If you guys want to continue take it to the EPL thread. If another mod feels the need to move the posts, go ahead. I would but I am 2 minutes from heading to work.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Because we're not all 100% in sync with every decision Conte makes, to see football in the exact same way isn't possible. Conte is a champ and I hope he stays, do I still disagree with the odd decision? Of course I do - I'm a fan of this and a part of being that is talking about what you think could have gone different.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Why didn't he start and work as much as he could, then get subbed out for Osvaldo or Giovinco?
Vucinic played ~25 minutes.

If he's not even up to playing 45 minutes, you can hardly go starting him.

With no way of showing he was fit enough to play longer than he did, I think you have to drop it and accept the way Conte handled it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)