Mirko Vučinić (6 Viewers)

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
but guys..someone has to go.

If mirko stays..... then gio and quags should eb gone at the very least. Maybe gio will ask for a transfer to parma... and quags is a goner.

we should really have 4 main dudes and thats all. Tevez-llorente-Vucinic and one more dude.
Gio has to go, he absolutely has to, we better not buy osvaldo, and yea I'm afraid Quags is gone, even tho id like to keep him for cl

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's because Osvaldo-Llorente doesn't work as a partnership, they both need a second striker with them.

Vucinic should be useful in the run in, provided he stays fit.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That's because Osvaldo-Llorente doesn't work as a partnership, they both need a second striker with them.

Vucinic should be useful in the run in, provided he stays fit.
With Vucinic, the gap between the midfield and the attack disappears. On the other hand, he isn't a finisher, so with him we create much more and score less, while without him we create less and score more. Perhaps the numbers won't back me up on this, but I have the impression that last year we created much more chances. Almost every second match felt like this year's match in Kobenhavn, where we created 5-6 good chances for 1 goal. Now we're more lethal, but we struggle to create good chances. The goals we score are mostly about power, deflected ball etc.

Of course, the goals are what counts, but the thing Mirko offers is something we badly lack, especially against the good teams and in Europe. It even makes one wonder how far can this team get with an AMC. It's something we won't try, especially after the failed Diego experiment, but we can't deny that a creative AMC would solve lots of problems in our play.

Unfortunately, our strikers are far from complete. What Llorente gives in the box with his physical power, is what we need, but noone else gives. What Mirko has just outside the box is what we badly need, but only he has it. Tevez's goals and work rate are something we can't do without. But we can't play the three of them without ruining our midfield, and only two of them don't cover everything in our attack.

Anyway, if it's between Mirko and Llorente, I have to point out that Llorente scored 13 goals in 2500 minutes this season, while Mirko scored 14 in 2800 minutes last year. Perhaps what's supposed to be Llorente's greatest advantage over Vucinic, isn't such a big advantage, while what Mirko gives in the link-up (the fullbacks and the midfielders are playing better and they become more involved when Vucinic plays) is something that is by far more important than those 1-2 goals Llorente scores more than Mirko, and his fights in the box when he tires the defenders.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Great post. It seems like our creativity in the final 3rd is non-existant at times. Juve without Mirko are like a battering ram. And when we can't physically overwhelm opponents we're at a loss.

That is the issue with 352. It doesn't allow for an attacking mid or any genuine wingers.

So when we have no SS, we are insanely predictable and easy to read.

352 gets the best out of our squad, mainly because we do not possess these players.

Mirko is by far our most creative striker. It's just a shame his entire season has been ruined after the first few games. He really does make life much easier for whoever he's playing next tk. Even if it's at the expense of his own personal goal tally.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I don't think we were winning this with any line up

Team has been in slow motion mode for months. And badly out of form. Then take into account we had no Tevez or Barzagli.

Our 'style' of play has been awful for too long. We need several creative/quick and direct players. Even if most of them are coming off of the bench

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I don't think we were winning this with any line up

Team has been in slow motion mode for months. And badly out of form. Then take into account we had no Tevez or Barzagli.

Our 'style' of play has been awful for too long. We need several creative/quick and direct players. Even if most of them are coming off of the bench
This is why i just gave up..because our issues right now cannot be fixed with a simple plan. We will need a total reshuffle and a good amount of quality signings to shake things up , because im afraid that everyday, our 352 gets more and more stagnant...and when this happens

when we can't physically overwhelm opponents we're at a loss.
we simply go out of the game...and start relying on some miracle to happen.

Our players are tired, suspensions and injuries are taking its toll. I feel some of them are even frustrated.

Our performance has change just too much, for the worst.

It is indeed alarming because with the players we have at our disposal, we just cannot go on like this.

Napoli dispatched us horrodbly. I say we need to start sounding the alarms, as we seriously need an injection of quality and versatility in this mercato

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
And with neither Giovinco nor Vucinic appearing to be fit to play for more than 30 minutes?
Why not start with Mirko and see what damage we can do, then take him out when he is unable to cope with it. Conte isnt a blithering fool, no way he expected us to generate offense with Llorente and Osvaldo up top. Even his idea that we could keep a zero for the first hour and then try to win couldb't have survived as we conceded pretty early. It was just a tactical clusterfuck and it looked like he couldnt be arsed to correct it.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
And with neither Giovinco nor Vucinic appearing to be fit to play for more than 30 minutes?
Surely Vucinic would have done more than Osvaldo/Llorente if he started along one of them. When Vucinic came on the team looked better.

Vucinic's ability and work is so underrated here. He's the only player along with Tevez who can open up defenses, do some unpredictable things. His pass to Isla last night was more than Llorente and Osvaldo did for the whole match. It's such a pitty he was injured so much this season because this guy gives the team another dimesnion even though he's inconsistent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)