Mirko Vučinić (16 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I can see where Alen is coming from to some extent (after a few hours of drinking).

I'm certainly not about to say that this swap is a bad deal for Juve, but I'm not convinced it is as good a deal as just selling Vucinic for ~12m.

Clearly we don't know if there are offers of that amount or if they were from clubs Vucinic would have joined.

However, I can't say I'm convinced Juve signing Guarin is a great idea.

He's a decent player, but I think I would sooner take the money and see what is available in the summer, rather than take Guarin, if that option was available.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I can see where Alen is coming from to some extent (after a few hours of drinking).

I'm certainly not about to say that this swap is a bad deal for Juve, but I'm not convinced it is as good a deal as just selling Vucinic for ~12m.

Clearly we don't know if there are offers of that amount or if they were from clubs Vucinic would have joined.

He's a decent player, but I think I would sooner take the money and see what is available in the summer, rather than take Guarin, if that option was available.
What money, though? Arsenal are only willing to take him on loan, and so are Spurs. This seems to be the best deal that presented itself, as we're getting a player of value in return for him. A year from now, Guarin will be 28, and if things haven't worked out for him here until then, he can be sold for around 8-10 million or used in another swap deal.

Likely scenario, though, Guarin will do well at Conte's Juve, as he offers grinta and a considerable amount of skill. His versatility is also nothing to be scoffed at, as he can fill any midfield role. His best contributions are offensive, though.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Clubs need to understand, we're not going to loan out a $#@!ing 30 year old just so his value can decline even more.

We're not a $#@!ing charity.
You mean like Melo and Martinez.

It's was inevitable. Between Vucinic, Giovinco and Quagliarella, Vucinic was the most expensive for our books and likely to bring the most funds in the market.
Yes, now till end off season we will be contend to see Gio is gonna come from the bench rather than Vucinic. Not like we need him for this easy ride in Serie A.

I think at best Guarin is a replacement for Giacherini. He wont be replacing and of our starters.
Yup, Guarin is actually a versatile player at best compared with Giacherini.

Its a good deal from Juve point of view on the economic gains. Plus who else would pay for Vucinic. Marotta got an offer and he makes the best out of it.

Now if only someone would take shitvinco off our hands.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We didn't get any 12M offers for Vucinic. As fans we can value our players all we want, but in reality its who's willing to pay it and no one offered it. Arsenal wanted him on loan.

Secondly, as Marotta always says, its the will of the player that ultimately decides transfers. Vucinic and his family wanted to stay in Italy, and no one in Italy would be willing to drop 12M on Vucinic (or any significant amount of cash for that matter) so we made the choice that makes the most sense in terms of strengthening our team and economically.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Melo is only 30 now, we loaned him out two and a half years ago

As for Martinez, who is also 30 now. 99% of the clubs don't even know he exists. I forget until somebody mentions his name.

What would we possibly gain from loaning out Vucinic?

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Melo is only 30 now, we loaned him out two and a half years ago

As for Martinez, who is also 30 now. 99% of the clubs don't even know he exists. I forget until somebody mentions his name.

What would we possibly gain from loaning out Vucinic?
We don't gain anything . I'm just trying to point out that we have loaned players which eventually declined in value which you seem to conveniently forget due to the age.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I specifically said we're not going to loan ou a 30 year old

Not 27, not 28. 30

30 is a milestone in football, clubs are really hesitant about signing 30+ year olds. Look at Arsenal for example

So, i'm not conveniently forgetting anything. We've loaned players out before who weren't much younger, yes. Normally players with excessively high wages who flopped big time.

So I don't see your point.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
I specifically said we're not going to loan ou a 30 year old

Not 27, not 28. 30

30 is a milestone in football, clubs are really hesitant about signing 30+ year olds. Look at Arsenal for example

So, i'm not conveniently forgetting anything. We've loaned players out before who weren't much younger, yes. Normally players with excessively high wages who flopped big time.

So I don't see your point.
What point are you looking for? You said we are not going to loan 30 year old. Which you conveniently overlook Melo and Martinez for your own reasons.
If we can't sell a player, we will loan him out to release the wages regardless what age he is.

Iaquinta i.example.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
What point are you looking for? You said we are not going to loan 30 year old. Which you conveniently overlook Melo and Martinez for your own reasons.
If we can't sell a player, we will loan him out to release the wages regardless what age he is.

Iaquinta i.example.
Melo and Martinez were 28. Jesus christ.

The plan was, we loan them out and the club hopefully buy them. We loan Vucinic out now, we get him back well over 30 and at an age that puts 99% of clubs off

Iaquinta? You're comparing Vucinic to Iaquinta? How the hell could we sell a player who was constantly injured and training with kids, he went well over a year without even making our bench. He was on something like 4M/season and refused to move. What else could we do

Vucinic is still a very good player, he's not a reserve and he's not on wages that are too high for his ability. Of course we're not going to loan him out.

Then again what do I and Beppe know? Beppe refused a loan offer and said 'we will only accept a permenant transfer deal'

Nevermind though, it's not like Marotta is in charge of who does or doesn't get loaned out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)