Mirko Vučinić (17 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Alen, I like Vucinic but I'm not sure he's still the same player he used to be. He can't even stay on the field this year. Even if we are "not losing" the swap right at this moment, surely we come out ahead next year and the year after unless Mirko experiences a resurgence in the latter stages of his career.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I struggle badly to understand the Marotta smiley in this thread. Inter are actually getting the better deal here. We might not be losing, since we already have top attackers, but Inter are getting quite a bit. Ever since Mazzarri placed Alvarez deeper in midfield and Guarin higher up the pitch, Inter are terrible. Mirko will give them that link between midfield and attack, the way he was doing for Conte's Juve in the last two seasons. He'll give them unpredictability, which they badly lack since the Cassano departure.

On the other hand, we are not losing much, or we're losing a player whose time to leave did indeed come. If this happened last year, it would have been suicidal for Juve, which shows well how much can Mirko add and how little can Guarin give to us. But now we have excellent attackers so we won't really feel Vucinic's absence (even though, I'd still like to have a player like him in the knockout games, because he's indeed a player who can do something out of nothing). Still, even if Vucinic's sale won't have too many negative consequences, I really don't see the positives in Guarin's arrival. Basically, a player to take Padoin's role. Perhaps some small financial gains in the future, but certainly not technical ones.

To summarize, if Juve are losing as much as they'll gain, Inter are gaining more than what they're losing (they'll surely buy another midfielder), so I don't see how is Marotta the winner in this swap. Basically, Inter are the winners, while Juve aren't the losers.

- - - Updated - - -

They are pissed because the media made them believe Chelsea and United were offering 20m eur for Guarin. This deal with Juve shows that neither of the English clubs offered anything similar.
This is also true but I'm sure the fact that he will wear our colors burns there terrorista asses

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
If this was 2011-2013 Mirko, I would be pretty upset right now, but he's slowly declining and it's not like he's gonna be as awesome for Inter in the next 2-3 years as he was for us from 2011-2013. It's the right time to get rid of him, and in return we get a versatile midfielder who in fact has great qualities. And I'm confident Guarin will be even better in Conte's Juve than he was for [insert clueless coach]'s Inter.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I struggle badly to understand the Marotta smiley in this thread. Inter are actually getting the better deal here. We might not be losing, since we already have top attackers, but Inter are getting quite a bit. Ever since Mazzarri placed Alvarez deeper in midfield and Guarin higher up the pitch, Inter are terrible. Mirko will give them that link between midfield and attack, the way he was doing for Conte's Juve in the last two seasons. He'll give them unpredictability, which they badly lack since the Cassano departure.

On the other hand, we are not losing much, or we're losing a player whose time to leave did indeed come. If this happened last year, it would have been suicidal for Juve, which shows well how much can Mirko add and how little can Guarin give to us. But now we have excellent attackers so we won't really feel Vucinic's absence (even though, I'd still like to have a player like him in the knockout games, because he's indeed a player who can do something out of nothing). Still, even if Vucinic's sale won't have too many negative consequences, I really don't see the positives in Guarin's arrival. Basically, a player to take Padoin's role. Perhaps some small financial gains in the future, but certainly not technical ones.

To summarize, if Juve are losing as much as they'll gain, Inter are gaining more than what they're losing (they'll surely buy another midfielder), so I don't see how is Marotta the winner in this swap. Basically, Inter are the winners, while Juve aren't the losers.

- - - Updated - - -

They are pissed because the media made them believe Chelsea and United were offering 20m eur for Guarin. This deal with Juve shows that neither of the English clubs offered anything similar.

Alen with the jedi mind tricks again :lol: im a huge fan of mirko, but we definitely screwed them in this deal, we are getting a player who would have a bigger impact on our team and play more than the vooch, on top of that hes younger and with a bigger upside financially. Inter ended up with a less prolific cassano, the same cassano they let go this summer, So essentially from inter's perspective the basically let a 15 mil player gor for 2 mil. From ours we gained a 15 mil player but only with a 2 mil cash investment. Genius move by marotta.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If this was 2011-2013 Mirko, I would be pretty upset right now, but he's slowly declining and it's not like he's gonna be as awesome for Inter in the next 2-3 years as he was for us from 2011-2013. It's the right time to get rid of him, and in return we get a versatile midfielder who in fact has great qualities. And I'm confident Guarin will be even better in Conte's Juve than he was for [insert clueless coach]'s Inter.
Guarin is Vucinic's age when Mirko joined Juve, which means he's not young either. If he's given a chance in Juve, that will mean that we lost two of Pirlo, Pogba and Vidal, without replacing them with anyone else but Guarin.
At this moment he's taking Padoin's place, which means a starter once in two months and cameos in the last 2,5, 10 minutes. Sure it's good to add more quality, but it's more or less meaningless when you're adding a better 5th choice than the previous one. That's why I don't see this as some victory. This swap won't make Juve better, although it won't make us worse either. Much fuss over nothing.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
For me its going to be Christmas the next day's. I'm waiting for this to happen since Summer 2012.
I would have even swap Vucinic for the Antichrist to get ride of him.

For Guarin, in Winter 2011/12 we could buy Guarin or Caceres. We decided for Caceres and Inter bought the at the time injured Guarin.
He said first he wanted Juventus as he thought they would buy him, however after Juventus couldn't buy him Inter made the move and he said
That he rejected Juve for Inter. He had to say it, how had he could go to Inter and say: "I wanted Juve but now I'm also happy with Inter"?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
in addition to the benefits above, the guarin capture gives us 2 additional benefits, one, it will allow us more tactical flexibility with his ability to play behind the strikers. And 2, in the event, pogba is sold, we wont have to be at the mercy of those willing to sell us his replacement, basically additional leverage. Are you trolling Alen?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Alen with the jedi mind tricks again :lol: im a huge fan of mirko, but we definitely screwed them in this deal, we are getting a player who would have a bigger impact on our team and play more than the vooch, on top of that hes younger and with a bigger upside financially. Inter ended up with a less prolific cassano, the same cassano they let go this summer, So essentially from inter's perspective the basically let a 15 mil player gor for 2 mil. From ours we gained a 15 mil player but only with a 2 mil cash investment. Genius move by marotta.
How will Guarin have a big impact or any impact in Juve? He's surely much worse than all of Pogba, Vidal and Pirlo, and he's definitely much dumber than Marchisio
Inter are having a financial loss, a small one. That's all. We won't get anything financially. We'll give Guarin a nice 4 year contract and he won't play much. But if Mirko stays healthy, then in the next year and a half or two, Inter will make a technical gain, compared to what they had with Guarin.

JuveSardu

Nov 27, 2013
This is as bad as arsenal giving man u rvp, mirko will lead them to 3rd spot no doubt about it, pisses me off, this deal needs to blow up, hopefully one of them fail their medicals

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
How will Guarin have a big impact or any impact in Juve? He's surely much worse than all of Pogba, Vidal and Pirlo, and he's definitely much dumber than Marchisio
Inter are having a financial loss, a small one. That's all. We won't get anything financially. We'll give Guarin a nice 4 year contract and he won't play much. But if Mirko stays healthy, then in the next year and a half or two, Inter will make a technical gain, compared to what they had with Guarin.

much worse? pogba is on 6 gols and 4 assists, guarin on 4 gols and 4 assist in a dysfunctional inter, have you seen him play? technically right now mirko is offering nothing since hes not even playing, so with europe looming we need to protect our biggest asset, the midfield. And guarin will be more than capable. Also i like how you avoided the financial part, how much would vucinic bring us summer 2015? and how much would guarin? Inter is getting mad fucked here

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
in addition to the benefits above, the guarin capture gives us 2 additional benefits, one, it will allow us more tactical flexibility with his ability to play behind the strikers. And 2, in the event, pogba is sold, we wont have to be at the mercy of those willing to sell us his replacement, basically additional leverage. Are you trolling Alen?
But I don't want Guarin behind the strikers. God, this is Juve, I don't want players like Candreva or Guarin to be our attacking midfielders. Sure, they're ok players and they can play behind the strikers, but they should do that for Lazio, not for Juve.
I just don't rate Guarin. I can't even place him anywhere. He runs a lot and he has a strong shot, but tactically he's hard to be placed anywhere and do a fine job in that position. Lacks vision and skills for the playmaking role, and his defensive abilities aren't up to level in order to play deeper in midfield.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
But I don't want Guarin behind the strikers. God, this is Juve, I don't want players like Candreva or Guarin to be our attacking midfielders. Sure, they're ok players and they can play behind the strikers, but they should do that for Lazio, not for Juve.
I just don't rate Guarin. I can't even place him anywhere. He runs a lot and he has a strong shot, but tactically he's hard to be placed anywhere and do a fine job in that position. Lacks vision and skills for the playmaking role, and his defensive abilities aren't up to level in order to play deeper in midfield.

but we replaced a sub we never use with another will defo use, you woudlnt want candreva in our bench??

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
but we replaced a sub we never use with another will defo use, you woudlnt want candreva in our bench??
Nonsense. Vucinic was the first choice from the bench. Just because in the last month after his return he got another minor injury, doesn't mean that the moment Tevez or Llorente get an injury, Conte won't start Vucinic. We're a Tevez injury away from having Quag-Llorente linking in attack. Conte doesn't rotate much. Pogs, Pirlo and Vidal will be starters and Marchisio will be the first choice from the bench. In a more or less won league, it won't make much difference if Padoin or Guarin gets to start every 8th match.
At this moment, we're paying 2 million and giving Inter the better player (Vucinic) for the worse player (Guarin). The market price of the two is irrelevant. Guarin costs more on the market than Barzagli, Buffon and Pirlo combined, but that doesn't make him more worth to us than the trio. Yes, if we sell Guarin in two years we might get 5-6 millions, and that's all. Enough to buy a Padoin.
Once again, with healthy Tevez and Llorente we won't even feel Mirko's absence, but we won't feel any changes either with Guarin coming. Thus my "Juve aren't the losers". But Inter are winning because they'll get exactly what they've been missing in the final third. With Guarin as the AMC their link play was terrible. Mirko will give them back what they lost with the terrible Cassano sale, or a big part of it.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
wait where did this assumption of guarin being the worse player come from? and who said i agree with it. right now we are paying vucinic a lot to never play i am sure we can mitigate the risk of tevez getting hurt with a player we can play and/or an inferior giovinco. As for guarin starting or not i guess we will have to wait and see as i am confident he will feature quite a bit but based on the actual trend marchisio looks to be pirlo's sub while pogba and vidal only have asamoah whos already in the starting lineup or the useless padoin.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
This is as bad as arsenal giving man u rvp, mirko will lead them to 3rd spot no doubt about it, pisses me off, this deal needs to blow up, hopefully one of them fail their medicals
There's something really wrong with you if you're comparing Van Persie to Vucinic.

Its nowhere near that. :lol:

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
A bittersweet moment. One of the important pieces of our invincibles and our recent success, Vucinic will be missed but I will wish him success at Inter personally as long as his personal success doesn't bring Inter organizational success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)