Mirko Vučinić (57 Viewers)

Apr 15, 2006
We shouldn't wait on Gio either. Sell em both, and bring in Sanchez and Muriel, players who can actually make us look dangerous on the counter :tup:
No we should wait on Gio. We can't be impatient fucks and give a player only 1 season to make it. Especially not someone like Gio, who can certainly improve.

Anyway, why are we talking about Giovinco? This thread is about the "best striker we've got". Stick to talking about Vucinic.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Basically, one of Gio and Mirko should stay. The one who's okay with staying on bench most of the time.

I'd make it Giovinco since he's good with set-pieces.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
No we should wait on Gio. We can't be impatient fucks and give a player only 1 season to make it. Especially not someone like Gio, who can certainly improve.

Anyway, why are we talking about Giovinco? This thread is about the "best striker we've got". Stick to talking about Vucinic.
I disagree. Gio is no longer a youngster at 26. He also hasn't shown anything to suggest that he is the kind of impact player we are looking for. Sanchez and Muriel are 3 and 5 years younger than him respectively, and they both possess massive potential, and far more useful attributes than the cursed midget.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004

1 season? He was supposed to have gained experience during Serie B and all the times he was loaned out. All he's had is one good season where he scored a bunch of penalties. He's about to turn 27...how much more time do you want to give him? Cavani and Suarez are the same as him.

Apr 15, 2006
26 year old "promising youngsters". Only in Italy. :touched:
When did I say he's a promising youngster? I'm simply saying that this is not the form he'll have for the remainder of his career. There's a chance he can improve when paired with someone more competent than that sandbag Vucinic. So he deserves another year.

Well why not give Vucinic another season then according to your logic? He was great last season.
He may have been great last season, but he's been terrible in this one. Plus he's gonna be 30 soon. Considering his "performances" lately, there's not much hope left for him. He's in decline. Better to sell him before his value becomes negligible.

Apr 15, 2006
I disagree. Gio is no longer a youngster at 26. He also hasn't shown anything to suggest that he is the kind of impact player we are looking for. Sanchez and Muriel are 3 and 5 years younger than him respectively, and they both possess massive potential, and far more useful attributes than the cursed midget.
I'm gonna report your post if you continue talking about Giovinco and derail this thread.

1 season? He was supposed to have gained experience during Serie B and all the times he was loaned out. All he's had is one good season where he scored a bunch of penalties. He's about to turn 27...how much more time do you want to give him? Cavani and Suarez are the same as him.
Same goes for you. Talk about Vucinic.

Apr 15, 2006
Common Sheik. What do you think he is...bread?
If Gio is bread, then Vucinic is the fungus that grows on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Mirko, with all his problems, is still the best striker we have. We are in deep shit.
No he's not. He's proved over the past few weeks that he's nothing special. He's just an overrated player. He deserves to play for Pescara and nothing more.

Apr 15, 2006
There's nothing to talk about, he's the best we've got.

End.of.discussion.
Yea, but that's not saying much, really. We still need a proper upgrade for Vucinic. Someone who is FAR more consistent than him. We need someone who actually gives a fuck. We need someone reliable. Vucinic is no longer any of this. It's frankly depressing that you think he's the best we've got.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)