Mirko Vučinić (45 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
He dived. He simply chose to fall, way after the actual foul was made. Since it's very hard for the referee to see how serious such a foul was, it all depends on the body language of the fouled player. It was an obvious penalty foul seen from the replays (Cahill being dribbled, puts both hands on Mirko to stop him) but with Mirko on his feet during and shortly after the foul, he gave an impression that it wasn't even a foul. When he finally decided to fall, it was obvious that he's diving. If Mirko fell when he should have, it would have probably been a (deserved) penalty.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Hmmm, seems like I'm pretty much by myself with this opinion.

Odd, the guy commentating the game & the guests in the studio all seemed to agree it was a straightforwaed penalty. Regardless of how light the actual foul was. And they really weren't pro Juve.
My 3 brothers who arent Juve fans all said it was an obvious pk, but as I said IMO I would been pissed if was called pk against Juve, too light of contact to obstruct him, he simply chose easier approach of "falling".

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #5,424
    Calls like these depends on the ref. One would have given it, another wouldn't have. At the end of the day, I am happy it wasn't given so Chelsea doesn't have a lame excuse.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    My 3 brothers who arent Juve fans all said it was an obvious pk, but as I said IMO I would been pissed if was called pk against Juve, too light of contact to obstruct him, he simply chose easier approach of "falling".
    Imo it shouldn't make a difference, Os. Even if it was a light contact (not enough to push Mirko on the ground), it still stopped Mirko from "earning" a meter advantage over Cahill. It did obstruct him. If he didn't use his hands, Cahill was gonna be looking at Mirko's back. Imo it's a clear penalty, but due to the position of the players when the foul happened, the ref couldn't see it. The only way he could act on it was if Vucinic fell when the foul was made, not so long after it. The way things happened, all the ref could see was that Mirko dived.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
    It was quite funny how the comentator and the pundits agreed that it was a penalty. I didn't rewatch it, but I think it wasn't a penalty. And if it needs so rewatching to be considered a penalty, then it was a very light one.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I'm really glad we didn't get the penalty so there couldn't possibly be any excuses. Nobody who watched the match would claim that we didn't win fair and square.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
    Soft foul but definetely a penalty. the slightest foul will disadvantage the striker and in Vuci he was already ahead of Cahill. I tought Vucinic did a bad a job in the way he fell.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    Hmmm, seems like I'm pretty much by myself with this opinion.

Odd, the guy commentating the game & the guests in the studio all seemed to agree it was a straightforwaed penalty. Regardless of how light the actual foul was. And they really weren't pro Juve.
    Nope, you're not alone in it either. I thought it was a penalty as well, so did the guys in the studio in the post game analysis. If that happened in any other area of the pitch it would have been a free kick. As others have mentioned, Cahills arms were all over Vucinic, clear obstruction, I think the way Vucinic reacted to the foul made the ref think it was a dive. Penalty IMO.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
    Jun 1, 2012
    Inter got one against us a few weeks ago.
    .Apart from Barca getting some calls in their favor i have always seen refs in the CL taking a cautious approach in big games especially when it comes to awarding penos..Nevermind the Ref was brilliant throughout the game and i'm in agreement with him regarding the Penalty decision.

Gep

The Guv'nor
    Jun 12, 2005
    We all sit here saying vuci is our "top" striker/forward but is he? But people here coat off matri which I feel is bang out of order seeing as vuci has missed as much simple "so called" chances as gio yet the garden gnome gets scrutinised.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
    .Apart from Barca getting some calls in their favor i have always seen refs in the CL taking a cautious approach in big games especially when it comes to awarding penos..Nevermind the Ref was brilliant throughout the game and i'm in agreement with him regarding the Penalty decision.
    I remember Barca getting a ridiculous penalty against Milan last year in the quarters? or does that not count because it's uefalona?

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
    Jan 16, 2011
    We all sit here saying vuci is our "top" striker/forward but is he? But people here coat off matri which I feel is bang out of order seeing as vuci has missed as much simple "so called" chances as gio yet the garden gnome gets scrutinised.
    Have you noticed how good we look when he's playing? His movement and clever passing is what keeps us flowing offensively, especially against slightly organised defences.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    I remember Barca getting a ridiculous penalty against Milan last year in the quarters? or does that not count because it's uefalona?
    That was absolutely retarded. My hate for barcelona increased that day, and i didnt tought that was even possible. I SO WANTED zlatan to kill barcelona, and smile in front of camera's all night.

Have you noticed how good we look when he's playing? His movement and clever passing is what keeps us flowing offensively, especially against slightly organised defences.

Vucinic links midfield to attack. even when he is bad, he's still better then anyone. if he is good, we destroy shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 45)