Mirko Vučinić (69 Viewers)

Mar 30, 2006
Noticed that too. He was booed.

He's got the talent, no doubt about that but he doesn't know how to use it or perhaps he is too nonchalant and lazy to use it. Kind of reminds me of Berbatov.
Barbatov is way better then Vucinic though. Mirko got skill but no instinct and seems to not be a smart player when it comes to a lot of his decisions, hence why he is so frustrating. We should sell him and Krasic in the summer and buy Tevez/Suarez

Apr 15, 2006
He's frustrating to watch. Not as frustrating as Amauri was in his final matches, but goddamnit Vucinic is trying real hard to be the new Amauri!

In fact, when he was clutching his hip, I thought he was gonna get subbed off, and my heart was like :weee: for a few minutes!

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Well, to me, he looks like the new Alen Boksic. Very skillful player, who scored way too little for Juventus. Boksic only scored 3 goals for us, and it's the same amount of goals Vucinic has scored.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
The newspapers are starting to pressure him as well, I read a small article the other day called "Vucinic é un flop".
As much a fan of the player as I am, he's severely under-performing. He's not playing up his strengths (or doesn't have the supporting cast to make the best use of them; the interchange with DP shows this a little) and his flaws are becoming increasingly apparent the longer he goes without a goal for himself. Unless he catches fire for the rest of the season and plasters over the cracks a little, it'll definitely be fair to say he "flopped" this season.

Noticed that too. He was booed.

He's got the talent, no doubt about that but he doesn't know how to use it or perhaps he is too nonchalant and lazy to use it. Kind of reminds me of Berbatov.
Very similar to Berbatov, yeah.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Neither is Bonucci, right?

Even if he had put in decent performances, it wouldn't have been excusable to have scored only three goals thus far but problem is he actually can't perform at all. What annoys me the most is that he doesn't give a damn. Never tries to get a lost ball, never seems to care about what's going on the pitch. This would have been easier to digest if he had been a slightly better player but he has been not.

I swear, Conte should leave him on the bench in the next game, sub him in and the first time he loses a ball and doesnt chase after it to get it back, he should sub him out, just to prove a point to him!

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Yeah considering Conte likes players who give everything and play for the team u think he would start Quag every game over Vucinic.
Conte knows that Vucinic is the superior talent. Unfortunately Mirko is having a criminally bad form. Conte was the one who wanted Vucinic and he's now being stubborn, sticking to his choice.
We can't play with working horses. We need guys who can play football. I believe it's Conte himself who insists on Vucinic's solo plays. But it's a mistake because after New Year it simply doesn't work.

This is very similar to Zlatan's last season in Juve. Almost the same. Capello too refused to bench a clearly out of form and frustrating Zlatan who wanted to do everything alone. Back then we had players who can compensate for it while right now we don't. And also, Mirko isn't Zlatan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)