Mirko Vučinić (40 Viewers)

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,622
    He'll have checks tomorrow. Confirmed that he had problems with his left thigh.

At worst he could miss the Roma match. Fingers are crossed.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    I couldn't be bothered reading everything Cronios said but its true that Vucinic is never going to be a first rate striker. He's got flare and he can create but on the other hand he's never been prolific and he's notoriously inconsistent. I was a bit pained by the purchase of Vucinic because I know that he probably won't ever improve in those areas of his game and will never be world class for us. It would have been better to buy a young future star. A real Del Piero replacement who's prolific and creative.

His start here hasn't really impressed me either. He's just proved once again that he is neither prolific nor consistent. Good game against Cesena though. I wish he brought that kind of form to the pitch every week but considering his record that's highly unlikely. He was especially good attacking wide and should move there more often.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    That's the thing with Vucinic though, his inconsistency. When he is in the mood and is firing on all cylinders, he is devasting and an absolute joy to watch. But when he's bad, he's fucking lazy, uninterested and wasteful. But the thing I like about Mirko is his unpredicatblity and his creative streak, he has the best skillset of all our players bar DP (and maybe Pirlo). He's also pretty versatile.

I don't expect plenty of goals from Mirko, but I'm sure he can provide a whole heap of assists for us. The best is yet to come from this man.

Ive always had a fondness for alzy, crazily skillful, temperamental Balkan bastards like Mirko :D

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
    All the creativity and skill in the world counts for very little without consistency. Stats don't always tell a players story but they definitely do more so for strikers and Vucinic's stats indicate that he isn't a very effective striker. I prefer the Quagliarella of last season to the Vucinic of this one.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
    May 26, 2009
    All the creativity and skill in the world counts for very little without consistency. Stats don't always tell a players story but they definitely do more so for strikers and Vucinic's stats indicate that he isn't a very effective striker. I prefer the Quagliarella of last season to the Vucinic of this one.
    No doubt about that, even though Quagliarella of last season was playing in a more central position closer to goal to this current Vucinic. But I dont disagree with you. Unfortunately, Quags isn't at that level at the moment, but I'm sure with more game time we'll start to see the real Quags again. He definitely needs to get that first goal, and then his confidence will get a huge boost.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
    i think many underestimate the importance of vucinic in our system.

just rewatch the important games and notice all his link-ups, intelligent runs...
    he also hassles opponents much more then any other striker besides matri.

those two lines beeing the reason why conte will allways play him when fit

hence, even if we'd get jovetic, i'm not sure if he'd replace vucinic or pepe

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
    No doubt about that, even though Quagliarella of last season was playing in a more central position closer to goal to this current Vucinic. But I dont disagree with you. Unfortunately, Quags isn't at that level at the moment, but I'm sure with more game time we'll start to see the real Quags again. He definitely needs to get that first goal, and then his confidence will get a huge boost.
    It would be murder to start Quag's ahead of Vucinic. Vucinic is creative and dangerous with the ball at his feet. He can create and beat players better than anyone in our side. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try Vucinic and Quag ahead of Matri.

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    It would be murder to start Quag's ahead of Vucinic. Vucinic is creative and dangerous with the ball at his feet. He can create and beat players better than anyone in our side. It wouldn't be a bad idea to try Vucinic and Quag ahead of Matri.
    this time last year Quaq was looking far more dangerous and creative, than Vucinic is looking today...

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    He had a great game against Cesena, it would be great if he always played like that.

Whatever his role is in the team, I think Quag was better at what he was supposed to do last season than Mirko is at what he is supposed to do today.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    Quag wouldn't be at his best on the left since he's best in the middle. Vucinic is definitely better on the left with more space than in the middle.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    She's not referring to the same role. She's saying Quagliarella was better at his own role last year (as a striker, I suppose...) than Vucinic at his role this year.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
    Jul 11, 2011
    She's not referring to the same role. She's saying Quagliarella was better at his own role last year (as a striker, I suppose...) than Vucinic at his role this year.
    Exactly. I can't see Conte starting Quag over Matri any time soon. But for sure, Quag last year was better than Vucinic and Matri have ever been. Although until Cesena Matri was on fire.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    Although, there will come a time in the season, when Conte will perhaps have to try a new permutation in attack, because honestly Vucinic-Matri as a combination haven't exactly set the league on fire. My money is on Quagmire playing a crucial role on making our frontline a really unpredictable one soon enough. I agree win Cron and Nenna through. Quagmire over Vucinic, in whatever one may define their roles as. I think in form, he's the most dangerous, creative forward we have on our books, save Alex.

Aug 1, 2003
    vucinic on the left is the shizzz. he's inconsistent yes but I think he's done more good than bad this season, he links up our play very well. don't care much bout how many goals he scores to be honest, in this position he'd help in creating them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)