Mirko Vučinić (13 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
oh dear cron :sergio: it is a shame that as much as im a quag fan, few here appreciate vucinic' technical ability which is his main strength, instead prefering to criticise him for his lack of goals. Last night in the 2nd half and perhaps even the game against lazio were by far Vucinic' best game in a Juve shirt
i dont care about their techican abilities, like i never cared about Quaqs or Amauri's before him.
They are all good enough dribblers, but this is not what Juve needs.
Juve needs prolific goal scorers, we have many many alternatives from players that can dribble past defenders and create chances, our problem is that we fail to score most of those chances, and thats why i didnt want us to buy Iaq, then Amauri, then Quaq and this year Vucinic.

You guys are young and are easily sold on the spectacle and thats exactly what our management who only wants to appease the fans provide.
Dribblers to amuse the fans, but dribblers dont win the games, finishers do.
Winning with a style is the best and balanced option, but we do not have a balanced team when we already have 5 (Amauri, DP, Iaq, Quaq, Giacche) dribblers, a hybrid (Matri) and just half a true CF (Toni) and then we opt for a 6th dribbler as a starter, instead of a finisher we practically completely lack of.

Vucunic was never a prolific forward and will never become one, his strength was that he was creating chances, but so was Amauri's,
but thats not what we needed, however we never learn anything from our mistakes and keep repeating them...

Just like i said, Vucinic only came to appease the spectacle hungry masses and will offer pretty much nothing new.
IMO Quaq last year, was far better from sept-dec, as Vucinic was from Sept-Dec this year.
Overall Vucinic could be the better choice, as in his carrier he was proved to be more reliable and less injury prone than Quaq, but this will never justify the extra amount we gave and the sacrifices we made on our very limited transfer budget and real needs, to get this opportunity target, who is at best, a slight upgrade to what we already have had and was working...
(unless we were planning to sell Quaq all alone, but again we have noexcuses as we completed the tranzaction right this year and paid the extra cash to keep him)

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
i dont care about their techican abilities, like i never cared about Quaqs or Amauri's before him.
Juve needs prolific goal scorers, we have many many alternatives from players that can dribble past defenders and create chances, our problem is that we fail to score most of those chances, and thats why i didnt want us to buy Iaq, then Amauri, then Quaq and this year Vucinic.

You guys are young and are easily sold on the spectacle and thats exactly what our management who only wants to appease the fans provide.
Winning with a style is the best and balanced option, but we do not have a balanced team when we already have 5 (Amauri, DP, Iaq, Quaq, Giacche) dribblers, a hybrid (Matri) and just half a true CF (Toni) and then we opt for a 6th dribbler as a starter, instead of a finisher we practically completely lack of.

Vucunic was never a prolific forward and will never become one, his strength was that he was creating chances, but so was Amauri's,
but thats not what we needed, however we never learn anything from our mistakes and keep repeating them...

Just like i said, Vucinic only came to appease the spectacle hungry masses and will offer pretty much nothing new.
IMO Quaq last year, was far better from sept-dec, as Vucinic was from Sept-Dec this year.
Overall Vucinic could be the better choice, as in his carrier he was proved to be more reliable and less injury prone than Quaq, but this will never justify the extra amount we gave and the sacrifices we made on our very limited transfer budget and real needs, to get this opportunity target, who is at best, a slight upgrade to what we already have had and was working...
(unless we were planning to sell Quaq all alone, but again we have noexcuses as we completed the tranzaction right this year and paid the extra cash to keep him)
:sergio: your posts used to be much more make sense, but this? :sergio:

did you really see vucinic efforts? at times he was capable of pulling 'tricks' none our other forwards since ibrahimovic could do (except a healthy and on fire del piero).

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011

For this whole post you barely mentioned Matri. He had one off game big deal. I never saw you saying this stuff a couple of weeks ago when Matri (clinical finisher) was firing on all cylinders. No player ever plays well every game.

And yes, we are all young small minded idiots who drool and are awed at the sight of a player dribbling.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Its simple, i believe in balance.
We used to have a 4-4-2
2 forwards to complement each other, one to create, one to score.
If they were both leaning to be creative, the pair would be unbalanced, due to the lack of scoring and vice versa.

After we have decided to got rid of Treze, we were desperate of fying the DP successor, despite that the man was still here and offered us some very good years.
Iaq was such an approach, then Amauri, then Quaq and IMO Matri too.
And all this time, we are ignoring the prolific finisher part.
All the guys we bought, are all good dribblers and can create chances by themselves.
And even our midfield now is more creative than ever, as we have discarded our DMs and now have creative CMs and offensive wingers.

So our creative options are more than ever and attack is multifaced and multi dimensional.
So the only thing we need atm, is a player to finish all those chances, someone to score +20goals/season.
Since Matri is a hybrid close to DP, who can also create and score at a decent rate, what we need is the new Pippo/Treze.

Vucinic and Amauri may be tall, but they were never prolific, on the contrary, they were goal wasters, impressive to watch, but not the clinical finisher we needed.
It was a mistake to invest on them, esp on the favor of the players we really needed.
I cant believe that after wasting so much money this management is so inclined to repeat the same mistakes...

This is the reason you only see me yet more frustrated when we are linked with yet another SS dribbler.
Over the past six years, we are spending most of our budget to buy new creative CMs ans SSs, but we dont complement them with the finishers they need to score those chances they create and with the defenders that we need to defend the those leads.
We are just making transfers for the shake of it...
Like we didnt knew that Vucinic is a goal waster and was his main point of criticism, but we just opted for yet more spectacle, ignoring our scoring capabilities.
We preferred an insignificant (due to Quaq+Matri) boost to our creative capabilities, just to create more spectacle and tickets
and instead of boosting our goal scoring abilities, that can deny us wins and compromise our chances for a title...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
For this whole post you barely mentioned Matri. He had one off game big deal. I never saw you saying this stuff a couple of weeks ago when Matri (clinical finisher) was firing on all cylinders. No player ever plays well every game.

And yes, we are all young small minded idiots who drool and are awed at the sight of a player dribbling.
Matri was never the player to score+18goals season, but he was always good at dribbling and creating chances for himself.
So he was a questionable finisher and a good dribbler, when we bought him.
He is young enough to develop into a hard core finisher, it might work, or it might not work, but we can tell for sure that he can provide the support of SS at any case.
Considering that he is talented and young enough to base upon our future, i consider him to get the mantle from DP, who was good at both dribbling and scoring.

Now besides him, we need another thread, someone who can be as deadly Pippo/Treze was, if he can dribble too, thats ok, as this pair would be perfect, but his main attribute should be scoring a lot of goals, since we already have the creative part covered, even with a super sub like Quaq.
But one the finishing part?

So instead of bringing a finisher or just hope that Matri will score 25 goals this season and buy a better dribbler than Quaq, we got Vucinic, what exactly can Vucinic offer?

Can he score more goals than Matri, or dribble better than Quaq??
He has yet to convince at any of these two, in a period of time (3 months) that both Matri and Quaqs did...

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Matri was never the player to score+18goals season, but he was always good at dribbling and creating chances for himself.
So he was a questionable finisher and a good dribbler, when we bought him.
He is young enough to develop into a hard core finisher, it might work, or it might not work, but we can tell for sure that he can provide the support of SS at any case.
Considering that he is talented and young enough to base upon our future, i consider him to get the mantle from DP, who was good at both dribbling and scoring.

Now besides him, we need another thread, someone who can be as deadly Pippo/Treze was, if he can dribble too, thats ok, as this pair would be perfect, but his main attribute should be scoring a lot of goals, since we already have the creative part covered, even with a super sub like Quaq.
But one the finishing part?

So instead of bringing a finisher or just hope that Matri will score 25 goals this season and buy a better dribbler than Quaq, we got Vucinic, what exactly can Vucinic offer?

Can he score more goals than Matri, or dribble better than Quaq??
He has yet to convince at any of these two, in a period of time (3 months) that both Matri and Quaqs did...
Matri scored 20 last season numbnuts.

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
It's good, the better we do, the harder it is to find real stuff you want to be negative about... Amauri a creative force?! Just wow.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
^Amauri was creative and technical, i still remember me question him as i do to Vucinic now and had all the forum against me defending him, because they were drooling over his dribblin...

So did Alex scored 20 goals and even more and since when that makes him a prolific finisher that his only contribution is scoring and would make a static duo with a real finisher??
Do you know that Matri never scored so many goals before? (referring to the goal/appearances ratio in the championship)
But its common in this forum to judge everything from just one good season!!! (Typical for the sort minded ppl)

And what 20 goals you are bragging about?? Wiki says 9 goals in 16 appearances, are you counting friendlies, cup and the such??
9/16 is not a clinical finishers ratio, good SSs can achieve that, just like DP always did.
And if we keep him as such (finisher) and he doesnt develop into a +20/season (championship only) should we discard him, despite the fact that he is more useful overall than our other dedicated SSs?

Of course no, so we better complement him with a +2o finisher and at any case, we always have DP, Iaq and Quaq (even Giovinco or Amauri) to step up for the SS role, but we dodnt have a finisher better than Toni though.
That was the facts we were dealing with, the moment we favored a 6th SS, instead of a second finisher...

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
But we are playing a different system now which with the likes of tony would not be possible. I think Matri is a good buy, in the future we can look for step in quality, but in the meantime I think with him we took a good direction.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
The point is not Matri, regardless of his future role, and our future formation, he will be a starter.
The point is why we gave priority at signing Vucinic, when our problems was not creativity but finishing, from starters to subs and formation varieties and option to help the forward line, the thing that we lacked the most, in the forward line, was finishing.
The thing that our team lacked the most, was a quality defender, and yet we had forfeit all that and spend the majority of our transfer budget, on Vucinic, WHY???
What was the reasoning behind it? As i have been saying since June and was proved yet again today, he cant offer nothing we didnt already have...

We need Jovetic next to Mirko and Matri.
No we dont!
Have you seen the game today?
Do you think, that we needed yet another SS (with DP and Quaq on the bench), more than a finisher, better at scoring than Matri and Vucinic (or quaq for the same matter)?
Do you think that we needed to create even yet more chances than we did, or just finish the ones, of the many, we created?

Stop being dribble junkies, to win, we need more than fancy back heels and we cannot always rely on our midfielders to score the goals we need.
Esp when we face some serious competition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)