Mirko Vučinić - Forward - AS Roma (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Not everything is about numbers, though. He's pretty much shaped right now, I think he's gonna be a great buy for any club out there. Like I said, Ilicic was very good and made the big difference. Or maybe even example is Hernanes, who was a beast in his first year in Italy.
It seems we are going back to this argument of talent vs output again. You can always judge a player as talented, but until they put numbers on the board and become influential it means nothing. Pastore did that very quickly, inside 2 years, so that's no problem.

Hernanes had a far better first season that Pastore, but that's natural as he is older, more experienced, and further along his development.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
I don't want to spoil your party, but Roman forums already celebrate selling to rivals their most annoying, lazy and inconsistent player for nearly 20M which can be used on proper striker.

Just reporting. Glory Balkan Maradona :sergio:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I don't want to spoil your party, but Roman forums already celebrate selling to rivals their most annoying, lazy and inconsistent player for nearly 20M which can be used on proper striker.

I just don't see Conte choosing this guy, he's the opposite end of the spectrum of player I'd expect him to want. Seems like a Marotta move.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009

Thats why I dont want him here. I've never been truly impressed with Vucinic. He seems like a player who has a great game once every five games, and seems an extremely moody/sulking type.

I have a Roma supporting friend who says Mirko is very talented, but just too lazy and inconsistent to be ever become a truly top player. I have to say I agree with him 100%.

I just don't understand why we would wanna spend close to 20 million on this guy.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just don't see Conte choosing this guy, he's the opposite end of the spectrum of player I'd expect him to want. Seems like a Marotta move.
A Marotta panic buy, you mean?

After failing to get several players on our demands and without entering into bidding wars, he accepted what Sabatini said in three minutes.

I like Vucinic but without a left winger, we are not doing anything.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
A Marotta panic buy, you mean?

After failing to get several players on our demands and without entering into bidding wars, he accepted what Sabatini said in three minutes.

I like Vucinic but without a left winger, we are not doing anything.
It's too early to be classed as a panic buy, it's not as if there are only 3 second stikers in the whole world we could buy. But it certainly looks as if we will be buying one of our fallback choices. It's got to the point now where, if you can't buy a real difference maker, why bother at all? Get a LW.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
It's too early to be classed as a panic buy, it's not as if there are only 3 second stikers in the whole world we could buy. But it certainly looks as if we will be buying one of our fallback choices. It's got to the point now where, if you can't buy a real difference maker, why bother at all? Get a LW.
Maybe the real description is not panic but buying for the sake of buying. And buying a forward to further diminish your choices of a left winger because you spent part of the budget is a typical Marotta move. Remember Martinez?

The panic buy is coming though, the left winger is far from ready and I don't want to think of who could it be or even worse, if Marchisio is to be used there "for lack of good left wingers on the market"

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Thats why I dont want him here. I've never been truly impressed with Vucinic. He seems like a player who has a great game once every five games, and seems an extremely moody/sulking type.

I have a Roma supporting friend who says Mirko is very talented, but just too lazy and inconsistent to be ever become a truly top player. I have to say I agree with him 100%.

I just don't understand why we would wanna spend close to 20 million on this guy.
:tup:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Maybe the real description is not panic but buying for the sake of buying. And buying a forward to further diminish your choices of a left winger because you spent part of the budget is a typical Marotta move. Remember Martinez?

The panic buy is coming though, the left winger is far from ready and I don't want to think of who could it be or even worse, if Marchisio is to be used there "for lack of good left wingers on the market"
Still, if it turns out as good as Quagliarella I won't mind.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't want to spoil your party, but Roman forums already celebrate selling to rivals their most annoying, lazy and inconsistent player
I can play this game too:

I don't want to spoil your party, but Roma fans are shocked that Vucinic would go to Juve and don't want that to happen.

"Hope Bojan makes good, cause the loss of Vuci is gonna hurt."
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8708896&postcount=646

"I was pro-Vucinic here. But now he is gone, and we focus on our future without him!!!! I hope he joins tottenham so I keep supporting him there, I wont support him in Juve or United jersey.I classify him traitor if he joins Juve!"
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8709092&postcount=651

"I'd much rather we sell Vucinic somewhere else, I like him a lot and I don't want to see him play for the Gobbi."
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8704660&postcount=623

"this talk of losing Vucinic has had me extremely uneasy.
In many ways he represents Roma in my mind..Has the talent and skill to beat the best in the world on his day. But still erratic. Emotional. Crazy. Fun. Doesnt always get the results, but always entertaining. Even if we can get someone to replace his talent, we will never replace his personality. "
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8709008&postcount=649

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008

Let's be real. If Marotta shut it down because he couldn't get Aguero/Rossi this whole board would crucify him for not doing anything.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I can play this game too:

I don't want to spoil your party, but Roma fans are shocked that Vucinic would go to Juve and don't want that to happen.

"Hope Bojan makes good, cause the loss of Vuci is gonna hurt."
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8708896&postcount=646

"I was pro-Vucinic here. But now he is gone, and we focus on our future without him!!!! I hope he joins tottenham so I keep supporting him there, I wont support him in Juve or United jersey.I classify him traitor if he joins Juve!"
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8709092&postcount=651

"I'd much rather we sell Vucinic somewhere else, I like him a lot and I don't want to see him play for the Gobbi."
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8704660&postcount=623

"this talk of losing Vucinic has had me extremely uneasy.
In many ways he represents Roma in my mind..Has the talent and skill to beat the best in the world on his day. But still erratic. Emotional. Crazy. Fun. Doesnt always get the results, but always entertaining. Even if we can get someone to replace his talent, we will never replace his personality. "
http://www.xtratime.org/forum/showpost.php?p=8709008&postcount=649
Sometimes I love you, sometimes I hate you. Right now I love you.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sometimes I love you, sometimes I hate you. Right now I love you.
Well, that was easy tbh. As in every football forum there are divided opinions about players and you can't use only one of the sides or 2-3 opinions from the minority in order to prove a point. No matter which player Juve buys or sells, there will be people against or pro the transfers.

I mean, back in the days many people here were celebrating the news that Zlatan could be sold (and it was in our toughest times during Calciopoli). In fact, the majority wanted him to be sold and thought we ripped Inter off with the 24m eur they paid to us.
(http://forum.juventuz.com/showthread.php?7873-Official-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Thread/page281)
What I want to say is that even if some opinion represents the majority, it still doesn't make it right. In Vucinic's case, though, from what I read, most Roma fans don't want him out but if he's so desperate to leave and if Roma have to sell, then they'd prefer if he goes to EPL, not to Juve. That says a lot. As a Juve fan, I wouldn't mind at all if Motta, Martinez, Pepe and the likes join Roma but I'll sure hate it if we sell them Chiellini, Buffon or Krasic.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #1,057
    Why does Roma hate us so much? It's not like they've ever been on level with us.

Maybe a part from one year in these last 11.

Jan 5, 2011
    Well, that was easy tbh. As in every football forum there are divided opinions about players and you can't use only one of the sides or 2-3 opinions from the minority in order to prove a point. No matter which player Juve buys or sells, there will be people against or pro the transfers.

I mean, back in the days many people here were celebrating the news that Zlatan could be sold (and it was in our toughest times during Calciopoli). In fact, the majority wanted him to be sold and thought we ripped Inter off with the 24m eur they paid to us.
    (http://forum.juventuz.com/showthread.php?7873-Official-Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-Thread/page281)
    What I want to say is that even if some opinion represents the majority, it still doesn't make it right. In Vucinic's case, though, from what I read, most Roma fans don't want him out but if he's so desperate to leave and if Roma have to sell, then they'd prefer if he goes to EPL, not to Juve. That says a lot. As a Juve fan, I wouldn't mind at all if Motta, Martinez, Pepe and the likes join Roma but I'll sure hate it if we sell them Chiellini, Buffon or Krasic.
    Respect

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Why does Roma hate us so much? It's not like they've ever been on level with us.

Maybe a part from one year in these last 11.
    North v South.

Juve and Milan clubs seen to be controlling football in Italy.

And Juve being successful makes them hated, same as Man Utd are in England.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)