Mirko Vučinić - Forward - AS Roma (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Juve-Man Utd duel for Vucinic

Juventus are prepared to offer Fabio Quagliarella to Roma for Mirko Vucinic, but face stiff competition from Manchester United.
The Bianconeri had been in negotiations with Villarreal for Giuseppe Rossi, but now consider his €30m price-tag to be too steep.

Vucinic is available for €20m and has made it very clear he wishes to leave the Giallorossi following a row with the fans.

The latest sources claim Juve will propose an exchange with Quagliarella, who is fit again after seven months out with damaged knee ligaments.

However, Vucinic is reportedly tiring of the waiting game and is intrigued by interest from Manchester United.

It is suggested his agent met with United emissaries over the past few hours and were impressed by the offer on the table.

FI

We are the animal of course.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
7 February, 2008: Ferguson eyes move for Roma marksman Vucinic (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-512952/Ferguson-eyes-Roma-marksman-Vucinic.html)
18 June, 2009: Manchester Utd track Mirko Vucinic (http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/49147...bin-van-persie-premier-league-football?lost=1)
12 October, 2010: United target Roma striker Vucinic (http://www.itv.com/sport/football/n...hammovedenilsonwantedbybarca4253/default.html)
25 July, 2011: Manchester United eye Roma striker Vucinic (http://www.click-manchester.com/spo...nchester-united-eye-roma-striker-vucinic.html)

Lol, he's their Cassano :D

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Has Vucinic any defensive qualities at all? I fail to see how he could be used in a 4-2-4 unless he's going to be played in the center with Matri or Quag?

Having him and Krasic out on the wings with only Vidal for defensive duties in the middle is just suicide surely?

Jul 1, 2010
Has Vucinic any defensive qualities at all? I fail to see how he could be used in a 4-2-4 unless he's going to be played in the center with Matri or Quag?

Having him and Krasic out on the wings with only Vidal for defensive duties in the middle is just suicide surely?
Using the 4-2-3 doesn't make any sense, with or without Vucinic, because of Pirlo.

If we buy Vucinic, it should be to use him in a 4-3-3.

Jul 1, 2010
:agree: it's the only way really?
We can use him in a 4-4-2 as a second striker but I wouldn't see the point of buying him for that purpose as we already have Quag there who is not much worse.

We currently have nobody who can play on the left of a 4-3-3 (we have Malaka but he's not good enough) and therefore, Vucinic would be a logical choice.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We can use him in a 4-4-2 as a second striker but I wouldn't see the point of buying him for that purpose as we already have Quag there who is not much worse.
Like I said in another thread, the main question in this case is what did the doctors say about Quag. He had a very serious knee injury. If the doctors told Marotta and Conte that there is a big (50%) possibility Quag to get the same injury again, then it's logical to hide that fact and look for a buyer.
Quag was "discovered" by Marotta and is one of his rare very successful signings. Marotta will not sell him or exchange him with Vucinic normally. If he does it then I'm convinced it's because of Quag's injury.

Jul 1, 2010
Like I said in another thread, the main question in this case is what did the doctors say about Quag. He had a very serious knee injury. If the doctors told Marotta and Conte that there is a big (50%) possibility Quag to get the same injury again, then it's logical to hide that fact and look for a buyer.
Quag was "discovered" by Marotta and is one of his rare very successful signings. Marotta will not sell him or exchange him with Vucinic normally. If he does it then I'm convinced it's because of Quag's injury.
I agree.

ThirdStar

You know it's comin'
Jul 5, 2011
No he isn't. Sir Alex said they won't buy any more players, he's just trying to get us moving. I don't think they'll pay 18m for a bench player. They have Chicha, Rooney, Berba, Nani, and Valencia. All are proven, where is he gonna play ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)