Miralem Pjanić (21 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Absolute fraud

He's average or below average in so many departments and his mythical vision and playmaking ability surfaces maybe once in every 10 games if we're lucky

Partly Allegri and then Sarris fault I guess for playing him deep for years but he just seems incapable of stepping up for us

As a holding mid he's shocking

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
i have defended him for a long time because I didn't like the idea of losing a technical CM (and he was great at times under Allegri) but yea he really needs to gtfo the sooner the better.

he has been shit for too long to wait for him to get better.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Great player on his day, we got his best years, probably a good time to part ways. Sadly he never really (rarely) took the team in his hands and propelled us forward. Great player when things are going right not so much when they aren't.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Can't help but feel Sarri has thrown him under the bus by making one of the top 5 players in Serie A for distance covered during games. It was never going to work and people seem to have forgotten just how good a player he was for us based on the second half of this season.

Not consistent enough but had some excellent performances notably against Real and Barcelona away.

At 30 years old it seems like the last opportunity to cash in. I just wish it was for a better replacement.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
The issue with Pjanic has always been the fact that he can't get himself out of pressure and advance with the ball. He usually passes the ball to Cuadrado or Alex Sandro whenever he has a defender on him. Pirlo for example was amazing at beating the pressure by those little hip movements that left his defender in the dust. Pjanic on the other hand rarely ever dribbles.

When people tell me his correct position is CAM I actually wonder if they've ever seen him dribble the ball. How the hell is he suppose to unlock defenses in that small penalty area.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
The issue with Pjanic has always been the fact that he can't get himself out of pressure and advance with the ball. He usually passes the ball to Cuadrado or Alex Sandro whenever he has a defender on him. Pirlo for example was amazing at beating the pressure by those little hip movements that left his defender in the dust. Pjanic on the other hand rarely ever dribbles.
And the guy we are chasing (Jorginho) is just as limited as Pjanic at this, if not more.

Arthur on the other hand is a brilliant dribbler.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
He was signed for what he had been bringing to the table at Roma, but then was asked to provide a completely different end product at Juventus, and now is judged for it. If Barca are seeing him more at the position he had in Rome, I won't be surprised if he starts scoring his signature goals left and right again.

It's very sad that he has no future in Turin, considering circumstances.

Apr 19, 2007
Im not so sure that all his struggles were his fault compared to not being utilized correctly. Having said this he needs to go. Him being so weak makes us need a matuidi on the field much more and not having somone win balls makes us retreat to much. I hope Arthur plays further up the filed and let Bent play back or I think we will have the same issues going forward but we really won with this deal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)