Miralem Pjanić (75 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lost in all of the hoopla about Arthur not wanting to leave Barcelona, is, unless I am grossly mistaken, that not one single time in all of this did Pjanic state that he wanted to stay here.

Let's not forget that there were no reports of him stating his desire to stay. Again, unless I am mistaken.

So, this kind of works both ways here.

Last edited:

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
This is a good deal. We trade an old useless player out for a young useless player.

This deal actually weakens Barca because trust me..Pjanic will absolutely fail in Barca and bexomr a financial deadweight for the club.

Meanwhile, seeing that Arthur speaks Porturse, we just need Ronaldo’s agent to hype him up to other club and we can sell him for decent money. With that money, we can get a proper midfielder like Gedson

Jun 7, 2003
This is a good deal. We trade an old useless player out for a young useless player.

This deal actually weakens Barca because trust me..Pjanic will absolutely fail in Barca and bexomr a financial deadweight for the club.

Meanwhile, seeing that Arthur speaks Porturse, we just need Ronaldo’s agent to hype him up to other club and we can sell him for decent money. With that money, we can get a proper midfielder like Gedson
Pjanic never failed in his whole career and was always an important element of the starting 11, why do you think he will fail in Barca?

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Pjanic never failed in his whole career and was always an important element of the starting 11, why do you think he will fail in Barca?
Pjanic played well for two small town clubs, Lyon and Roma. And then tried to make a step up to Juve and sucked big time due to his mental weakness. He is close to retirement. Doubt he will do any better at Barca.

Sure, playing in the Spanish league may benefit him as the players there are farmer league quality, so he can walk pass them.

But in the champions league, Pjanic will suck coks with that weak jawline of his. And then his receding hairlined head will roll when he his faced with top European sides, where players half his age can easily run circles around him.

james95

Sep 2, 2018
Yeah and Del Piero said Insigne will be the next great Italian player and leader. Your point?

Anyway, Messi said that back in 2018 after Arthur just arrived. Since then he's been a waste of talent.
Since then he’s been a waste of talent? Plenty of Barca fans were calling him their best midfielder before the lockdown.
The guy’s 23 for heavens sake yet you’re acting like he’s been playing abysmally for years or something. He’s barely kicked on since the re-start so I have no idea what point you’re even trying to prove here but the solid fact is; he’s a young, promising player who has shown more than enough to walk right into our midfield without question

Last edited:

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Since then he’s been a waste of talent? Plenty of Barca fans were calling him their best midfielder before the lockdown.
The guy’s 23 for heavens sake. You’re acting like he’s been playing abysmally for years or something. He’s barely kicked on since the re-start. I have no idea what point you’re even trying to prove here but the solid fact is; he’s a young, promising player who has shown more than enough to walk right into our midfield without question
He'll be 24 by the time he plays for us.

Where? Any Barca fan that talks about him talks about potential and what could be. When you have to go back to potential all the time for a player who played with Messi for 2 years now it's kinda damning. This is not some 18 year old kid who's breaking through.

Not abysmally but nowhere close to expectations and nowhere close to being valued so highly that we have to pay the difference and basically beg him to come for a month. Tell me this - if we were doing a swap with Chelsea, let's say Bentancur for Kante - who should pay the difference in that case? Age is not a talent and Pjanić is still a much better player than Arthur like Kante is compared to Bentancur.

And all that aside, he leads an extremely unprofessional life, hangs out with Neymar all the time and misses a ton of time with injuries. This is not a player we should be bringing in considering the problems we already have with injury prone, lazy and lethargic players. Not when there are better players who fit better like Aouar and Partey.

Benassi would walk into our midfield. Not a high bar to clear.

My overall point is this - this deal looks to be driven purely by money and I'm afraid Arthur alone will be that big signing in midfield when we need major overhaul and reinforcements. Our fans going crazy over a sideways move at best is all the validation our management needs to ignore reinforcing the midfield yet another year.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
There's also a lot of revisionist history with Pjanić here. Now there's talk of him playing like a corpse for two years no less when just 6 months ago you couldn't not say he's been reborn and playing out of this world under master Sarri.

Dropped off in the second half of the season, same like last year. He's a player who depends on his environment a lot, but still WC. I expect him to be great for Barca in a better environment.

Which isn't to say he couldn't have had a better environment here. It doesn't say anywhere we had to get rid of him at all costs. But as always I guess it's easy to make sideway moves than try to actually spend money and add to the good we already have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)