Miralem Pjanić (79 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm no Marchisio fanboy. I preferred all the other three of MVPP to him. But it looks to me that you hold a grudge against him and can't value him properly
I dont hold grudges against players, what would be my motive? I value what I see and to me he seemed as a good squad player, nothing more. He wasnt a player to make a difference and if you cant make a difference than you dont stand out. As a player he didnt have clear weaknesses but didnt excel at anything either.

- - - Updated - - -

Sarri: Pjanic doesn't have the speed to play mezzala
I agree with this. And because of this, he couldnt play as attacking midfielder either.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I dont hold grudges against players, what would be my motive? I value what I see and to me he seemed as a good squad player, nothing more. He wasnt a player to make a difference and if you cant make a difference than you dont stand out. As a player he didnt have clear weaknesses but didnt excel at anything either.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with this. And because of this, he couldnt play as attacking midfielder either.
He made the difference on a number of occasions, providing crucial goals and assists in big games. That depended on how the coach used him. Also he was one of the best passers around when he played as a regista. Maybe not as good as Pjanic, but close (to me he made forward and less horizontal passes than Mira). In Europe, there were not many better passing CMs at the time (Pirlo, Xavi, Modric?). His ball control was excellent and he rarely gave away the ball, and did well when pressed. Defensively he was also strong - interceptions, tackles, positioning.

Maybe you don't have a grudge against him, but against fanboys. I remember the arguments that go back to the Delneri days, when you were DelPiero84 :p. In those days you could've been justified for calling him a mere squad player, but if you say the same for the period 2011-2016 you're just being stubborn :D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He made the difference on a number of occasions, providing crucial goals and assists in big games. That depended on how the coach used him. Also he was one of the best passers around when he played as a regista. Maybe not as good as Pjanic, but close (to me he made forward and less horizontal passes than Mira). In Europe, there were not many better passing CMs at the time (Pirlo, Xavi, Modric?). His ball control was excellent and he rarely gave away the ball, and did well when pressed. Defensively he was also strong - interceptions, tackles, positioning.

Maybe you don't have a grudge against him, but against fanboys. I remember the arguments that go back to the Delneri days, when you were DelPiero84 :p. In those days you could've been justified for calling him a mere squad player, but if you say the same for the period 2011-2016 you're just being stubborn :D
What CL games was he crucial in? Because I do recall him misplacing passes and cracking under pressure against Bayern... When I think about Claudio I recall 1st half of 2011/12 and then a lot of hit and miss games afterwards. Inconsistency prevented him from reaching higher level. Pls dont even mention Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, those dudes were from another planet. As for his defensive solidity, pls avg interceptions and tackles per game? Not many either... I cant believe We are at this again :lol:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
What CL games was he crucial in? Because I do recall him misplacing passes and cracking under pressure against Bayern... When I think about Claudio I recall 1st half of 2011/12 and then a lot of hit and miss games afterwards. Inconsistency prevented him from reaching higher level. Pls dont even mention Xavi, Pirlo, Iniesta, those dudes were from another planet. As for his defensive solidity, pls avg interceptions and tackles per game? Not many either... I cant believe We are at this again :lol:
Read again. Did I compare him with Xavi or Pirlo (didn't mention Iniesta)? I said they were among the few passers better than him at the time.

So that one Bayern game is all you got against him? I don't even remember what happened, so I'll take your word for it :p (Upon checking, we drew the first leg 2-2; we were down 1-0 at HT then subbed him out and drew 2-2. The second leg he didn't play and we lost 4-2 so... :boh:)

What CL games was he crucial in? Unlike you guys I don't keep memories of these things too well. The only one that comes to mind easily is the sweet assist in the final against Barca, too bad about the rest of the game. I remember him having standout games away at Celtic, and both legs against Dortmund.

As for tackles and interceptions, he was no Vidal, but he could've been worse too.

Yeah, I got too much free time at the moment :D

Attachments

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Sarri saying he's suffering from fatigue.

Why the fuck are you playing him then? Get his ass on the bench and start other players.

We're so fucked with this guy as coach.
Pjanic has the body of a 12-year old girl he doesn't look like an athlete at all and constantly looks like he's absolutely wrecked. If anything it looks like he is having mental problems because he never needed to be an athlete to play well anyway and most of what he does wrong comes from poor decision making and brain farts.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Pjanic has the body of a 12-year old girl he doesn't look like an athlete at all and constantly looks like he's absolutely wrecked. If anything it looks like he is having mental problems because he never needed to be an athlete to play well anyway and most of what he does wrong comes from poor decision making and brain farts.
:shifty: you know the regista often covers the most ground of any player on the field?

pjanic might not be tall, muscular, or much of a sprinter but doubtimg his athleticism is just silly

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
I have nothing against Pjanic, but the current state/form he is in now, he's just a liability in midfield. He's not linking up the different lines, and barely gives any through balls that split the opposition. Not to mention the way he covers the midfield defensively, any half paced individual can just run past him.

Jun 7, 2003
I have nothing against Pjanic, but the current state/form he is in now, he's just a liability in midfield. He's not linking up the different lines, and barely gives any through balls that split the opposition. Not to mention the way he covers the midfield defensively, any half paced individual can just run past him.
As long as i remember, i rarely(never) saw Pjanic with a defence splitting pass.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sarri: Pjanic doesn't have the speed to play mezzala
:rolleyes:

I don't know how he defines "mezzala", but Pjanic didn't have any problems playing on the left side of a three man midfield for Roma, nor when he played for Lyon as an AM. Rabiot isn't fast at all and looks like a bean pole, yet he's fast enough to play LCM? Fuckin' Italian managers.

KirilovBG

Sep 5, 2018
:rolleyes:

I don't know how he defines "mezzala", but Pjanic didn't have any problems playing on the left side of a three man midfield for Roma, nor when he played for Lyon as an AM. Rabiot isn't fast at all and looks like a bean pole, yet he's fast enough to play LCM? Fuckin' Italian managers.
He was great in old days in Rome and Lyon as mezzala and AM, but maybe he doesn't have the feet any more to play on speed. Anyhow i would like to see him in more advanced position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)