Miralem Pjanić (39 Viewers)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Considering pjanic is the only player who can fuckin pass a ball in our midfield i would be inclined to keep him. Unless 100m plus comes our way and we find some younger midfielders who are faster more physical and technically capable of passing a ball and not being lazy then only then would I sell him.

- - - Updated - - -

I am all for ending this regista role once and for all. This role should have been forbidden the day Pirlo hang his boots.
Yeah not many who can play that role and play it well. Pjanic should not be used there...just because he has good passing skills doesn't mean he is the pirlo replacement.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Considering pjanic is the only player who can fuckin pass a ball in our midfield i would be inclined to keep him. Unless 100m plus comes our way and we find some younger midfielders who are faster more physical and technically capable of passing a ball and not being lazy then only then would I sell him.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah not many who can play that role and play it well. Pjanic should not be used there...just because he has good passing skills doesn't mean he is the pirlo replacement.
his success rate at free kicks is dropped. i remember he scored many goals from free kicks when he was at roma.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Pjanic at juve versus Roma is definitely different. Been a while now but from memory I think he was utilised more for his creativity at roma than he has been at juve. I may be wrong though.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Pjanic at juve versus Roma is definitely different. Been a while now but from memory I think he was utilised more for his creativity at roma than he has been at juve. I may be wrong though.
He is atypical Juve signing. Pure technical player, contributing very litle in defensive part of the game. It's all good if he could control games, pull his weight during important CL encounters, like we saw against Barcelona 2 years ago, but this has to be on consistent basis. The return hasnt been that great and I had bigger expectations from him. Actually I hoped but signing of Pjanic looked strange from my perspective. We had players in the middle that didnt contribute as much in defense, but those players were world class and hailed as once generational players, like Pirlo or Zidane. It will be interesting to see how this unravels.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Pjanic's situation is a bit like Dybala's IMO. He's constrained by how Allegri wants to use him. He's asked to be a different player than he really is. Pjanic was always a natural trequartista not a regista. To his credit he's done the best he can to adapt and he's rounded his game out very nicely but it would have been nice to have him more forward given that his short passing is much more superior to his long passing. I suppose Allegri's hand was forced given the personnel at his disposal but once Pjanic was established as a regista, we never came looking for a proper one so that Pjanic could come of use in his preferred position.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Pjanic's situation is a bit like Dybala's IMO. He's constrained by how Allegri wants to use him. He's asked to be a different player than he really is. Pjanic was always a natural trequartista not a regista. To his credit he's done the best he can to adapt and he's rounded his game out very nicely but it would have been nice to have him more forward given that his short passing is much more superior to his long passing. I suppose Allegri's hand was forced given the personnel at his disposal but once Pjanic was established as a regista, we never came looking for a proper one so that Pjanic could come of use in his preferred position.
Pjanic worst creative role would probably be trequartista. He cant dribble, he needs alot of time to shoot, good short passing but not enough, long direct passing better then his short passing

Pjanic is played deep. Which is fine if he has technical players to pass to that drive the ball forward. Problem is we lack them.

Ideally he'd play higher up the pitch as a mezzala. Put ramsey and a player like rabiot or pogba on the other side and boom, its done

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Pjanic worst creative role would probably be trequartista. He cant dribble, he needs alot of time to shoot, good short passing but not enough, long direct passing better then his short passing

Pjanic is played deep. Which is fine if he has technical players to pass to that drive the ball forward. Problem is we lack them.

Ideally he'd play higher up the pitch as a mezzala. Put ramsey and a player like rabiot or pogba on the other side and boom, its done
He played as trequartista at Roma, am I mistaken? In any case, he played much higher up the pitch. It didn't matter that he didn't dribble, his short, one touch passing was excellent. He never held the ball for long but was more of a reference point for attacking players to play with back-and-forth. Not your average trequartista, but he was an assist machine for Roma.

I don't agree that his short passing isn't good enough. Apart from his free kicks, they're his best asset as a player. We just don't see it much anymore unfortunately.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He played as trequartista at Roma, am I mistaken? In any case, he played much higher up the pitch. It didn't matter that he didn't dribble, his short, one touch passing was excellent. He never held the ball for long but was more of a reference point for attacking players to play with back-and-forth. Not your average trequartista, but he was an assist machine for Roma.

I don't agree that his short passing isn't good enough. Apart from his free kicks, they're his best asset as a player. We just don't see it much anymore unfortunately.
His best games were as a mezzala at juve. A TQ needs to have way more direct danger then he does

Jun 6, 2015
Pjanic' best performances for Juve were when he played in two man mid with Khedira. He has also been mostly good as a regista. People on here simply don't understand or appreciate what the regista is supposed to do on the pitch. As a mezzala he was a failure and a liability as he didn't have the legs for that. We've only seen him as a trequartista in a couple of games during his first season, but I don't see him doing well there either because he lacks any sort of athleticism.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Juve Pjanic is a better player than the Roma Pjanic.
He is harder working and more intelligent. Definitely more consistent. But in terms of impact there's an argument for Roma Pjanic just given his goal/assists. I'm not sure on the numbers but I feel like they were superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Pjanic' best performances for Juve were when he played in two man mid with Khedira. He has also been mostly good as a regista. People on here simply don't understand or appreciate what the regista is supposed to do on the pitch. As a mezzala he was a failure and a liability as he didn't have the legs for that. We've only seen him as a trequartista in a couple of games during his first season, but I don't see him doing well there either because he lacks any sort of athleticism.
Yeah he's been good as regista but he was at his best higher up at Roma. His inconsistency was the only flaw.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He is harder working and more intelligent. Definitely more consistent. But in terms of impact there's an argument for Roma Pjanic just given his goal/assists. I'm not sure on the numbers but I feel like they were superior.
Maybe because he's playing a different role now? Naturally a regista won't have as much goals/assists, but that doesn't mean he's less important.

Speaking of impact, watch us play with and without him. It's fairly easy to spot.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
When we first signs him, Allegri does play him as a trequatista, and a mezzala after that. Then Allegri quickly realise that it won't work for Juve, and change his position to regista. IMO that's a sensible move, moving Pjanic to deeper role to make the best out of his greatest quality: passing. The problem is his mentality, I feel he always afraid of losing the ball or misplace a pass, so he go for an easy, safe option to pass after all other's movement to creat space for him. I remember Allegri got angry with him after he pass the ball 5 metres to nearest teamate after 2-3 minutes of our team's movement to give him the ball. His mentality does improved recently, but it'll show whenever we are under pressure or pressed hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 36)