Miralem Pjanić (75 Viewers)

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Maybe because he's playing a different role now? Naturally a regista won't have as much goals/assists, but that doesn't mean he's less important.

Speaking of impact, watch us play with and without him. It's fairly easy to spot.
Yeah fair point. 'End product' would be a better description as Juventinto[RUS] points out. He's a good regista. I don't think he's indispensible as a regista though hence the talk about his transfer. In terms of a creative style regista, Pirlo was the archetype. He still offered end product because his long passing was so good. But if you have a regista who plays the subtle kind of role that Pjanic plays creatively you would hope he could offer more in defense as compensation. As a regista Pjanic is somewhere in between Pirlo/Xavi Alonso and Mascherano. His passing doesn't have great reach and he's not a brick wall either. He can make the team tick but he doesn't have much magic about him in the form of either assists or tackling.

Buy on AliExpress.com

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
What do you need from Pjanic? Build up play or end product? Its a waste to use him as regista, he can give much more to this team if you put him upfront, but instead genius Allegri is using 2 cdm besides of Pjanic who can't create anything to save their lives
I actually completely agree which is why i was so conflicted when disliking this post.

May 23, 2013
When we first signs him, Allegri does play him as a trequatista, and a mezzala after that. Then Allegri quickly realise that it won't work for Juve, and change his position to regista. IMO that's a sensible move, moving Pjanic to deeper role to make the best out of his greatest quality: passing. The problem is his mentality, I feel he always afraid of losing the ball or misplace a pass, so he go for an easy, safe option to pass after all other's movement to creat space for him. I remember Allegri got angry with him after he pass the ball 5 metres to nearest teamate after 2-3 minutes of our team's movement to give him the ball. His mentality does improved recently, but it'll show whenever we are under pressure or pressed hard.
I dont think thats true man. I remember from pre season Allegri stating that Pjanic would become the best regista in the world (never happened LOL)

“He seems like Hernanes, who last year had never played in front of the defence and now looks like a totally different player. I think Pjanic will become one of the best in the world in that position.”

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Did you watch Juventus play this season?

Matuidi was first choice.
Yes but khedira wasent even when he was fit.

Matuidi played most of the time

But the point is that he's selling both khedira and matuidi. He's selling the strong "boring" players, while keeping a bunch of offensive once, further destabilising the team

Now khedira is past it. Matuidi must be kept obviously.

athas

Jul 15, 2007
I dont think thats true man. I remember from pre season Allegri stating that Pjanic would become the best regista in the world (never happened LOL)

“He seems like Hernanes, who last year had never played in front of the defence and now looks like a totally different player. I think Pjanic will become one of the best in the world in that position.”
You can go back to page 8x in this thread to see Allegri plays him as a trequatista, mezzala in Oct 2016 and people was disappoint with his performance.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yes but khedira wasent even when he was fit.

Matuidi played most of the time

But the point is that he's selling both khedira and matuidi. He's selling the strong "boring" players, while keeping a bunch of offensive once, further destabilising the team

Now khedira is past it. Matuidi must be kept obviously.
but to be the best we need players (at least in midfield) who can deliver on multiple of these traits. We need less of the pjanic or matuidi (experts in their area) and more vidals or cheesios.

Need them dynamic midfielders who can hustle and still use the ball.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Allegri will be asking Agnelli and the club to sign this summer.

Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba

Paris Saint-Germain midfielder Adrien Rabiot

Ajax center back Matthijs De Ligt

Lyon midfielder Tanguy Ndombele

Real Madrid attacking midfielder Isco

Bayern Munich midfielder James Rodriguez

Dybala pjanic Sandro Cancelo to fund a majority of this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)