Miralem Pjanić (74 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,063
    No, Matuidi is our most important mid, and it has been like that for a while.
    Nah. Without Pjanic we cant sting 3 passes together. Matuidi is important, 2nd most important for sure, but we can compete at a high level without him still

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
    Nah. Without Pjanic we cant sting 3 passes together. Matuidi is important, 2nd most important for sure, but we can compete at a high level without him still
    I think it's another way around actually. We are doomed without Blaise against top teams. It's been a while since Miralem produced any magic, yeah he is reliable in possession, but that's about it. Blaise brings the energy, put Sami "Jeb Bush" Khedira instead of him (or any other our mid) and we are getting overrun by any decent midfield.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
    Pjanic plays well with an energetic box to box player. Matuidi is the only player capable of that right now. In a way, Khedira has been stifling pjanic’s development in juve.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,071
    I dont think he had a necessarily bad game. I think he suffers like most other players, under our lacking tactics and roles in the team. Our midfield should not be that shitty. It is probably still the best midfield in Serie A on paper.
    i feel like we dont have much concrete movement without the ball other than in transition, and no movement at all when we are holding onto a lead. maybe Allegri should instruct Pjanic to join attacks instead of Matuidi/Can, when those 2 are playing and can cover for him. i trust him more with the ball ~30 meters around the box than these two.

but i dont care either if we dont tbh. we are steamrolling Serie A at 70% and are gonna win it again. ill pass my judgement on this team in the CL knockouts, that will tell us where we stand

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
    I dont think he had a necessarily bad game. I think he suffers like most other players, under our lacking tactics and roles in the team. Our midfield should not be that shitty. It is probably still the best midfield in Serie A on paper.
    Napoli's is better.

Even more than a WC player or a 6th CM, we're lacking a mezzala who can drive the ball forward and connect midfield with defense. That's also one of the reasons why we get pinned back. We need Ramsey now.

Failing that, Pjanic-Can/Benta-Matuidi would be better than what it is now, but Allegri would have to switch Pjanic back to his old role after teaching him how to be a regista for two years and letting Marchisio go.

- - - Updated - - -

@pavluska

He’s been in pretty poor form, but you see how much we miss him almost every time he’s rested. He doesn’t do much of the spectacular in his new position but he does the simple things almost perfectly and makes our gameplay tick.

Would love to see him find his best form post-Christmas. Would really be a boon to our CL chances.
    1. Biggest issue in midfield in Atalanta game was half-fit Khedira was playing (actually biggest issue was Bentancur and his red)

2. Second biggest was we were missing Matuidi - hard to miss that gaping hole and lack of physicality and balance

3. Not having Pjanic's passing tempo was third (another poor game btw)

4. No one ever said he shouldn't start or isn't useful or doesn't play a necessary role (only mid who can move the ball semi quickly) in our current lineup. Rightly pointing out he isn't a 100m player and isn't our most important midfielder (Matuidi clearly is) isn't saying that.

TL;DR Disgusting circle-jerking ITT.

Last edited:
    May 23, 2013
    Pjanic would definitely start over a 36 year old Pirlo. Pirlo was finished at top level in 2015. He was a complete liability in the final against Barca. They were running past him as if he was a statue.
    Pjanic of his first season, i'd agree. However I really don't see how Pjanic this last season and 1/2 was superior to 15 Pirlo other than physically, which was compensated with hard work from Marchisio, Vidal, and Pogba.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    i feel like we dont have much concrete movement without the ball other than in transition, and no movement at all when we are holding onto a lead. maybe Allegri should instruct Pjanic to join attacks instead of Matuidi/Can, when those 2 are playing and can cover for him. i trust him more with the ball ~30 meters around the box than these two.

but i dont care either if we dont tbh. we are steamrolling Serie A at 70% and are gonna win it again. ill pass my judgement on this team in the CL knockouts, that will tell us where we stand
    Woah we are talking the same language at last!

I disagree on something tho... what we do in serie A reflects on the CL. I mean, we cant separate 2 fictional teams with the same players on the field for both comps.

What i mean, is that we should improve our game in serie A and use it as a trainign ground to showcase in the CL the final product. We will serie a no matter if we play like shid because we are too good for it... but if we continue playing at minimum in serie A, when the time comes to show real effort in the Cl we will not be able to.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,080
    Woah we are talking the same language at last!

I disagree on something tho... what we do in serie A reflects on the CL. I mean, we cant separate 2 fictional teams with the same players on the field for both comps.

What i mean, is that we should improve our game in serie A and use it as a trainign ground to showcase in the CL the final product. We will serie a no matter if we play like shid because we are too good for it... but if we continue playing at minimum in serie A, when the time comes to show real effort in the Cl we will not be able to.
    you say that after watching us play under Allegri for 5 years now? we never did what you described above, its what dumb teams like City and Barcelona recently do all the time. if you want to win the CL, you MUST peak in late February/March. plain and simple.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 72)