Miralem Pjanić (96 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
you say that after watching us play under Allegri for 5 years now? we never did what you described above, its what dumb teams like City and Barcelona recently do all the time. if you want to win the CL, you MUST peak in late February/March. plain and simple.

The issue is not about peaking, is about playing style and tactics. Theres were we need to improve to be able to finally win the CL

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,082
    The issue is not about peaking, is about playing style and tactics. Theres were we need to improve to be able to finally win the CL
    i like the styles we played in last seasons. Allegri is adjusting well to the roster he has. we still are to see this seasons team peak, so like i said, judgment is still out

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    The question is, how much would it take for us to sell him?

Do you sell at 70-80 million? That's a tough call to make.

Do you sell if someone offers 100 million? Take the money and run.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    The question is, how much would it take for us to sell him?

Do you sell at 70-80 million? That's a tough call to make.

Do you sell if someone offers 100 million? Take the money and run.
    You don’t sell at all if you don’t have a replacement lined up of equal or higher quality.

Or we end up in another Vidal situation all over again, still looking for a replacement of that quality.

- - - Updated - - -

you say that after watching us play under Allegri for 5 years now? we never did what you described above, its what dumb teams like City and Barcelona recently do all the time. if you want to win the CL, you MUST peak in late February/March. plain and simple.
    :agree:

He completely ignores that last year’s CL winner, Madrid was a joke in La Liga last season, didn’t stop them from winning CL.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    You don’t sell at all if you don’t have a replacement lined up of equal or higher quality.

Or we end up in another Vidal situation all over again, still looking for a replacement of that quality.
    What if I told you Pogba, De Ligt, Ramsey, and another young midfield talent come in to replace Khedira, Pjanic, and Benatia (don't want to lose him, but he's definitely leaving if he doesn't get more game time)?!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    What if I told you Pogba, De Ligt, Ramsey, and another young midfield talent come in to replace Khedira, Pjanic, and Benatia (don't want to lose him, but he's definitely leaving if he doesn't get more game time)?!
    I find Pogba douchey and obnoxious as shit... but I’d still sign up for that. His top level is above Pjanic’s even if he’s been worse than Pjanic the last two seasons. And the other two moves would improve the team, and make us substantially younger.

Can we get Saul Niguez instead of Pogba though? :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    I find Pogba douchey and obnoxious as shit... but I’d still sign up for that. His top level is above Pjanic’s even if he’s been worse than Pjanic the last two seasons. And the other two moves would improve the team, and make us substantially younger.

Can we get Saul Niguez instead of Pogba though? :p
    I'd love Saul, but no way are ATM letting him go, and he'd probably cost more than Pogba :sigh:

- - - Updated - - -

I really fear ATM's midfield. They run, hassle and press. We're going to have a really difficult time against them, especially if Bentancur gets carded early and misplaces a few passes, Matuidi isn't in form, and Pjanic sleepwalks through the tie, misplacing passes in the process.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
    Lol this post is only semi true. Yes good tactics get you to CL final perhaps.

But once you are in final, tactics are overrated. It is down to individual talents of the player. There are players who simply turn unplayable in CL finals and can win the game on their own.

CR7, Messi, An angry Bale, Neymar, Zlatan probably if he gets to the final lol....

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
    Pjanic shouldn't be let go'ed unless it's a retarded offer like 100+ mil

Also if we want to bring back Pogba, we should at all cost try to retain Pjanic too. Pjanic and Pogba would compliment each other imo, and having 2 creatively capable midfielders in our midfield isn't something we've had since the MVPP days. I want us to have TOP midfield to match our TOP attack.

Dybala imo is the one that should be used to fund for a big midfielder a la Saul/Pogba

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #5,091
    whos replacing Pjanic there? Pogba and Ramsey are btb mids/mezzalas, so Matuidi/Khedira replacements.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    whos replacing Pjanic there? Pogba and Ramsey are btb mids/mezzalas, so Matuidi/Khedira replacements.
    Both Can and Bentancur can play in that DM/Regista role. Obviously a downgrade on Pjanic to begin, but I think the idea is that the upgrade of other parts would still be an improvement in the level of the side.

However. I'd choose a B2B mid like Saul who doesn't abdicate defensive responsibility and tracking back the way Pogba does, while still providing a lot of offensive upside. Saul is more the Vidal type and would fit us perfectly. Unfortunately, we'll never get him. Nor will we get Pogba this coming summer, now that ManU has rid itself of Mourinho.

It's still fun to daydream, though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 92)