Miralem Pjanić (42 Viewers)

OP
zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,201
    Haha okay, alright. That gets your post-count going as well, so its a win-win-situation I guess.

lol what does that mean, we havnt had a midfield the last 2 seasons, so I dont know what he really is carrying.
    wow, you just admitted how good Pjanic is. you probably dont even realize it, but doesent matter. thank you good sir

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    Noone with a brain cares about your opinion, your favorite posters and offtopic posts. You seem like a popular dude in here and you have done well to get where you are today - well done, for that I congratulate and respect you.. But unless you actually have something to say, then ignore my posts and just stfu please :)
    Mental illness

- - - Updated - - -

Haha okay, alright. That gets your post-count going as well, so its a win-win-situation I guess.

lol what does that mean, we havnt had a midfield the last 2 seasons, so I dont know what he really is carrying.
    x2

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
    Pjanic is not overrated he is just not properly utilized. When we play two players aheadof him who dont track back or fight for the ball and a slow as hell to the side of khedira it puts a ridiculous amount of pressure on him to be a player that he simply isnt. He actually does a surprsingly decent job at it because he is class but simply is not a physical battler so yes he does need some help from other CMs
    What is his strengths though, what is it he does? He has some pretty sweet freekicks and occasionally some good deep passes, but it is very rare.
    He is not a physical battler or tackler, he is not fast, he is not winning headers, he is not a dribbler and neither does he have some acceleration to carry the ball forward. Even Bentancur has his clear uses as he actually wins lots of balls, physical duels, is relatively fast and actively pushes forward and through the mid, a bit similar to what we see from Savic and what we miss from Pogba (not to same level ofcourse).

- - - Updated - - -

wow, you just admitted how good Pjanic is. you probably dont even realize it, but doesent matter. thank you good sir
    Nah I think you must have understood. Whatever you say he carried, I havnt seen any effect of it, as our mid has been dominated in most games. So quite the opposite actually.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,204
    What is his strengths though, what is it he does? He has some pretty sweet freekicks and occasionally some good deep passes, but it is very rare.
    He is not a physical battler or tackler, he is not fast, he is not winning headers, he is not a dribbler and neither does he have some acceleration to carry the ball forward. Even Bentancur has his clear uses as he actually wins lots of balls, physical duels, is relatively fast and actively pushes forward and through the mid, a bit similar to what we see from Savic and what we miss from Pogba (not to same level ofcourse).

- - - Updated - - -

Nah I think you must have understood. Whatever you say he carried, I havnt seen any effect of it, as our mid has been dominated in most games. So quite the opposite actually.
    we played around 50 games, how many with Pjanic? maybe 35-40? which ones were we dominated in? please enlighten us

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    I'd love to see this question answered, honestly. I don't rate him as lowly as you do, but sometimes I wonder... what does Pjanic actually do?

Yet I do realise that we play a lot better with him than without him.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
    Aug 22, 2007
    arent you one of Marchisios fans around here? what was your reaction when all those people came to his thread years ago and asked what is it that hes actually doing?
    Why bring up Marchisio? I'm asking a serious question, not trolling...

If someone asked that question about Marchisio and wasn't trolling, I would simply answer them.

And if you're wondering, it's not about Pjanic vs. Marchisio. I won't suggest that Marchisio should be playing ahead of Pjanic.

I simply don't think we're getting the best out of him as a regista.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
    sideways passes mostly :sarcasm:
    It's amusing when a guy like this, 8 years on the forum, starts posting frequently out of the blue, and comes here to bash an integral player of the last two very successful years.

Just went through his semi-recent posting history. Bashing Pjanic. Saying Marchisio sucked even before his injury. Saying Higuain sucks. Saying Mandzu was weak link at all his previous clubs.

Good Juve fan. Bash all Juve players. :baus:

He's probably a double of someone like Drizzy or Bartolo.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
    Yet all those players are the ones our club has rightfully also questioned and about to sideline. :)

I hope it brings a different angle to some of the debates I decide to engage with - thats it.

OP
    zizinho

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
  • Thread Starter #4,214
    Why bring up Marchisio? I'm asking a serious question, not trolling...

If someone asked that question about Marchisio and wasn't trolling, I would simply answer them.

And if you're wondering, it's not about Pjanic vs. Marchisio. I won't suggest that Marchisio should be playing ahead of Pjanic.

I simply don't think we're getting the best out of him as a regista.
    i know, just messing

Pjanic gives you a playmaker in the middle, a passing option where the ball is secure, someone that will protect the ball, find players that make forward runs, dictate the flow of the game (since he spends most time on it) and connect defense with attack. hes not a hole defensively either, so you dont need 2 guys to "protect" him. his role is especially important with guys like Khedira and Matuidi next to him, whos biggest contribution is off the ball offensively. and its not like its an easy role to be in. whenever Matuidi and Khedira are in trouble when pressed, they gonna pass the ball to him and he will have to make a decision quickly against an opposing player. its the opposite of playing with Modric, Casemiro, Kroos and Isco, who all are very good passers (Isco, when hes not busy with unnecessary dribbling), so teams cant focus on closing you alone out of the game. as a bonus, he gives you one of he best set piece takers in Europe, so you can get good chances of corners and FKs

here, just check how many chances he created from down deep last season alone

- - - Updated - - -

It's amusing when a guy like this, 8 years on the forum, starts posting frequently out of the blue, and comes here to bash an integral player of the last two very successful years.

Just went through his semi-recent posting history. Bashing Pjanic. Saying Marchisio sucked even before his injury. Saying Higuain sucks. Saying Mandzu was weak link at all his previous clubs.

Good Juve fan. Bash all Juve players. :baus:

He's probably a double of someone like Drizzy or Bartolo.
    atleast we agree on some things then :baus:

but yes, wonder how many of his 250 posts arent bashing any of our players

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
    Obviously he is not a bad player in the overall view. I was excited about seeing him at Juve when we signed him, just a shame it was after losing Pogba. It was the best we could expect at that time and he has ofcourse helped our mid. But right now I dont see anything from his 2 seasons for us, that promises that he can raise his bar to the new high levels we as a team are growing to. We have one of the best squads in Europe now, closely followed by Bayern and Real.

Jun 6, 2015
    I'd love to see this question answered, honestly. I don't rate him as lowly as you do, but sometimes I wonder... what does Pjanic actually do?

Yet I do realise that we play a lot better with him than without him.
    He's great at keeping hold of the ball under pressure. Rarely panics and some of his feints when pressured are pure sex. Brilliant passer too.

His limitations are physical. He's not fast nor is he strong. Even with those limitations he has actually done quite decent defensively after a rocky start.

Jul 13, 2010
    Pjanic won't confirm Juve future
    By Football Italia staff

Miralem Pjanic said Cristiano Ronaldo is “a huge coup” for Juventus, but refused to confirm he would stay in Turin.

Ballon d’Or winner Ronaldo was presented to the media this week, although he won’t join training until July 30.

“He’s a huge coup, a great player,” Pjanic told Sky Sport Italia reporters as he left a restaurant this evening.

When asked if he would remain with Juventus and play alongside Ronaldo, Pjanic got in his car and left.

“Have a good evening.”

The Bosnian has been linked with a potential move to Barcelona this summer.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
    May 23, 2011
    Typical Tuz to overrated their own countrymen, I'd take Eriksen over Modric anyday.
    There is a big gap between them. One is clearly among the best mids of his generation, while the other is "just" a good player. He was fundamental both for Real during one of the most succesful periods of that club and his NT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)