Miralem Pjanić (16 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I read what you said. And yet here you are coming up with silly scenarios to justify selling one of our best players when it suits your agenda. You are a bad man, Charlie Brown. No wonder you going to the Inferno. :(
Believe me, I don't want him sold, but something's gotta give. I'd love to bring in Pogba and Martial while keeping everyone, but both f us know that isn't going to happen. We can't afford to have older players staying for too long as we miss out on Plusvalenza (unless they're Italian like Chiello and Barza) or utterly useless (like the Accidental Footballer).

No one wants our shit/deadwood, and the teams that can use them can't afford their transfer fees and/or wages; therefore, sacrifices need to be made eslewhere :sigh:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So, his inconsistency is not his fault, but the responsibility lies with those around him? :boh: :numnum:

Pjanic is great, on his day, but he is incredibly inconsistent.

I wouldn't sell him, but what if someone came in and offered 70-80 million?

Dogs are way cooler than cats :stuckup:

@zizinho Who da fuck is Susic? Sosees is Egyptian for sausage :p :klin:
You talk about inconsistency yet you defend Dybala as if your life depended on it :howler:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Believe me, I don't want him sold, but something's gotta give. I'd love to bring in Pogba and Martial while keeping everyone, but both f us know that isn't going to happen. We can't afford to have older players staying for too long as we miss out on Plusvalenza (unless they're Italian like Chiello and Barza) or utterly useless (like the Accidental Footballer).

No one wants our shit/deadwood, and the teams that can use them can't afford their transfer fees and/or wages; therefore, sacrifices need to be made eslewhere :sigh:
Is Pjanic older? He's just turned 28 in April. And he's the type of player that shall age well as his game doesn't rely on athleticism. Shouldn't be sold before 30.

One of your suggestions to replace is 33 year old Modric, by the way :p

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Is Pjanic older? He's just turned 28 in April. And he's the type of player that shall age well as his game doesn't rely on athleticism. Shouldn't be sold before 30.

One of your suggestions to replace is 33 year old Modric, by the way :p
Modric will be coming in as a short term fix and as part of a trade; no transfer fee :D

Pjanic is only 28, which means he has at least another 5 years left in him. I don't want him gone, but I didn't want us to sell Vidal or Pogba either, and look what happened.

What would you do? Higgy for 50, Mandzukic for 20, and Benatia for 30? :boh:

- - - Updated - - -

You talk about inconsistency yet you defend Dybala as if your life depended on it :howler:
I am biased when it comes to Dybala, and he's also our most marketable asset, the face of the team.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Modric will be coming in as a short term fix and as part of a trade; no transfer fee :D

Pjanic is only 28, which means he has at least another 5 years left in him. I don't want him gone, but I didn't want us to sell Vidal or Pogba either, and look what happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I am biased when it comes to Dybala, and he's also our most marketable asset, the face of the team.
:tup:

Higgy for 60 :p
Mandzu for 20
Stu/Matuidi for 20 :seven:

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
If Marotta sells Pjanic to RM or Barça I would be very disappointed in our board. Pjanic is great and his inconsistency isn't his fault. It's not his fault that he has 2 bulldozers supporting him in the midfield, it makes all of his technical qualities fade away. Nevertheless, he isn't the super star player that we can't give up at any cost, all Marotta needs to do is to bring in someone like Pogba, SMS or Vidal, then we would be set for a great season.

starters: Can-Pjanic-Pogba
Bench: Khedira-Marchisio-Bentacur(Matuidi eh)

:xfinger:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I'd definitely sell Matuidi, Khedira, and The Accident before I even contemplate selling this guy, but who is actually interested in/can afford the aforementioned trio?

Must Leave:

1.) Accidental Footballer
2.) Matuidi

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

- - - Updated - - -

Fine. But a lot of people here are.

Apr 29, 2006
Pjanic must step a level in the next few years. He must be totally concentrated on his game and have the believe he can achieve it here (CL and all). If his head is turned or he will spend another meh season thinking 'what ifs...' it would be better to sell.

He has the RM thing since he was a kid with Lyon. If his inner desire is to stay in Turin - end of story. I adore Modric, but he is 33 and if he indeed loved Italy since his days as a kid he should have came here earlier.

PS: Seeing RM and Zidane part ways, I'd say chances of Pjanic leving due to his own will (for RM at least) are very SLIM.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Too much complaining about Pjanic disappearing IMO. Put Modric next to Matuidi and Khedira and the guy will be gone missing in some games as well.

If we fix our midfield then Pjanic's game will rise automatically - it's not his fault that our team can't keep possession when we should, he and Dybala are our only capable ball holders/distributors when under pressure. Well, Costa and Bernardeschi are there too but we lack B2Bs that can do that so we wouldn't have to use our attackers to do this. Because of attackers dropping back so deep it's easy to shut us down, so the whole team "disappears".

athas

Jul 15, 2007
You say he play bad because Matuidi and Khedira? Not completely IMO, not every player is all-around beast, Mauidi and Khedira offer their best ability (Matuidi with stamia, hust, Khedira with intelligent position, run into the box) and it's Pjanic's job to make them tick, to make things easier for everyone.
I think Pjanic's problem lie in his mentality. Allegri sees him as a regista, for me that's a brilliance idea, he has very good technical, creativity and incredible pass in himself, best in the world for me, above Kovacic, Kroos, Verratti, but problem is he can't do it regularly. He often pick a easy choice for himself, not for the team, and afraid to make mistake hinder him too much.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
If you want to sell Pjanic, then you just don't understand how difficult his job is here. There are few CMs who could cope in our formation. If you want to sell him to buy a bulldozer CM then fine, I agree. Do these CMs exist? Barely. It's not SMS or Pogba, they would get killed in our formation too sometimes.

Forget looking for key passes, he is just trying to stay alive most of the match. Gets on the ball, turns, turns again. Turns one more time. Khedira/Matuidi incapable of offering between the lines or playing one touch. Looks up again, Mandzukic standing beside Alex Sandro. Looks up again, Higuain picking cherries.

Costa needs a few seconds to get up the pitch because he is playing midfield, helping MDS defend ffs.
Slippery slope, this.
Player A is not great because players B, C & D are below par. That's a statement (or an excuse) you can basically apply to anyone. Or like our legendary player Felipe Melo once said: "I'm great, but my teammates suck."

Though it is true that he often does not have a lot of decent options to pass to. Then again, he's also guilty of slowing down play when it's not necessary.

Also, you can criticize Khedira for a lot of things, I know I have :D
But if there's one thing he's actually quite good at it's running between the lines & creating space.

Watch the first Real madrid game and you will see. We couldnt make passes without him. Its how we run our offense
Watch the Sampdoria home game and you will see. We couldn't make passes with him.

Different games, different situations.

I'm not saying Pjanic is a bad player. Nor am I saying we need to sell him. But no one is going to convince me that we can't live without him or that he is impossible to replace. I just don't see it, I guess.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Watch the Sampdoria home game and you will see. We couldn't make passes with him.

Different games, different situations.

I'm not saying Pjanic is a bad player. Nor am I saying we need to sell him. But no one is going to convince me that can't live without him or that he is impossible to replace. I just don't see, I guess.
:tup:

Tbh, so far he isn't the player I thought he was at Roma (though he has been our best midfielder).

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
There's always a debate. This is Tuz after all :klin:

We could probably create a thread about wearing striped or plain socks, and it'd go 500 pages :baus: :tup:
Plain offcourse. Unless you are homosexual then striped is fine.

- - - Updated - - -

There's always a debate. This is Tuz after all :klin:

We could probably create a thread about wearing striped or plain socks, and it'd go 500 pages :baus: :tup:
Plain offcourse. Unless you are homosexual then striped is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)