Miralem Pjanić (101 Viewers)

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
ESPN guys calling him a flop in the game vs atalanta.

Thats the overall impression of him. Tends to score from free kicks but doesnt command the midfield and dissapears the rest of the game.

Mar 30, 2006
I think we had the wrong idea thinking he could play a Pirlo or Pogba position. He is better the closer to the goal he is. We should just keep playing him in that position. He is great in the final third and can shoot so why would we try to play him as a regista? If we give him a run of games in the trequartista position I think opinions of him will change and I am looking forward to seeing him and Dybala playing closer to each other and combining

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He hasn't played regista in couple months?

The player himself is a mezzala (CM to the sides, right mostly), he said so just yesterday besides playing as one almost his whole career. Just one that's used to more attacking team and more physical support next to him then what we have right now.

Doesn't mean he will be better AM in the long run even if the freedom and support he gets in that role in last game freed him up a bit. But really besides couple through balls it wasn't much different then when he plays CM besides extra midfielder close by, it's just that we dominated Atalanta completely. He did his main work with the corners so can't say he was effective in open play except for just a while, meaning most of first half. But otherwise not really enough to say AM is his better position.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Mar 30, 2006
I just am basing it off the games I have seen in the past and how he has his best games when he runs into the box and is shooting from just outside the box. I feel he is pretty dangerous closer to goal.

I also think we benefit more from physical players in the midfield 3. Plus I think Pjanic and Dybala combining more regularly could be a fantastic thing

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
ESPN guys calling him a flop in the game vs atalanta.

Thats the overall impression of him. Tends to score from free kicks but doesnt command the midfield and dissapears the rest of the game.
How about a mid that doesn't command, dissapears AND doesn't score from free kicks? @Fr3sh

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He hasn't played regista in couple months?

The player himself is a mezzala (CM to the sides, right mostly), he said so just yesterday besides playing as one almost his whole career. Just one that's used to more attacking team and more physical support next to him then what we have right now.

Doesn't mean he will be better AM in the long run even if the freedom and support he gets in that role in last game freed him up a bit. But really besides couple through balls it wasn't much different then when he plays CM besides extra midfielder close by, it's just that we dominated Atalanta completely. He did his main work with the corners so can't say he was effective in open play except for just a while, meaning most of first half. But otherwise not really enough to say AM is his better position.

At least we know that he is just not cutting it as a CM. I think thats why some members want him to play as a real treq/AM, because in the physical plays of the midfield he has no input. But he is good at assisting and shooting...so maybe we can see something more if given a run as a AM in a 4312. What we know, is that as a CM he is just not cutting it like he should.

How about a mid that doesn't command, dissapears AND doesn't score from free kicks? @Fr3sh
And costed 100+ millions?.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's simplistic thinking, AM doesn't automatically make him better, he has had brief good spurts of quality as CM too. You focus too much on 30ish minutes of good quality in open play vs an Atalanta we dominated, and forget he kinda disappeared in rest of game too like he has as CM, except for the key corner assists. Latter doesn't matter whatsoever for what position he has on the pitch to achieve.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
That's simplistic thinking, AM doesn't automatically make him better, he has had brief good spurts of quality as CM too. You focus too much on 30ish minutes of good quality in open play vs an Atalanta we dominated, and forget he kinda disappeared in rest of game too like he has as CM, except for the key corner assists. Latter doesn't matter whatsoever for what position he has on the pitch to achieve.

You misundersstood. I never said he will be a given as a AM, but that it could be worth trying him for a streak of games to see how he does. I think we have seen a good sample from him as a CM, so it doesnt hurt to see how he fares as a AM for a longer sample.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Agreed, he is only one who can play there so we will see more of it. But the reason we will is most likely the same reason we did vs Atalanta, because of all the injuries to defence. I doubt Allegri sees him as AM, the player himself doesn't either so just saying don't expect something long term. And don't blame formation of position if a new player is having hard time fitting into a the team, especially in more unbalanced mid like this one.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Sadly thats true, and i dont think we will see the best of him for times to come because of what you said..
Maybe theres a reason why he has been so floppy there, and it could be because both allegri and him are not clear on what needs to be done for him to go up a level in his performances.

Im not saying that what im suggesting is the solution and that i know more than both.... but i mean..for a player of his quality and pricetag, his performances have been weird for half a season already. Not enough in my eyes.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thing is how weird is it? He is in a new team so it will take time , but also this is how he was in Roma, inconsistent and not commanding at all, more of moments player that excells in more attacking phases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 97)