Miralem Pjanić (16 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Pjanic's form symbolizes Juve's. 3 goals and 2 assists in 9 Serie A starts which is good on paper despite not having any real good performances. Kinda like Juve's lead in the standings despite not performing well.

btw he has had 2.2 shots per game on avg, 3.2 key passes per game, 86.1% pass success.

You might be thinking wtf... why does he look so uninvolved in the game if his stats are so good?? Well he has averaged 56.1 passes per game which is higher than Pogba's average (45.5) but less than marchisio's (63.5). I think its obvious that its still not clear what his role in the midfield is and the other players do not know what their roles are.

Buy on AliExpress.com

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Pjanic is simply used to different style of play and same goes for Higuain to some extent.

Pjanic is suited to an attacking style of play where his team has a lot of possession but also willingness to go forward. If he has capable runners around him, he'll be the #1 assist man in the league, because his passing and vision are very good. Today he had a couple of nice link ups with Cuadrado who is exactly that and one fantastic pass to Higuain who lives off passes like this. Basically he's the service for players who attack the goal.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm sorry. If people are bashing Pjanic about today's game, they are blind as fuck.

The guy had 67 passes, 88% completion, had 8 long ball passes, 7 of them accurate, made 6 key passes (including a couple gorgeous ones). 1 tackle, 1 clearance, 1 interception. Won a free kick and then scored it to win the game. Almost scored another to seal the game.

He was heavily involved today, and was fantastic.
Best part about him two day besides the goal was how much he ran, he was aggressively pressurring often all over. Still needs to make himself more available to receive the ball, but was alot more mobile then previous games without the ball.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The more I watch Pjanic the more I think he needs to play as a regista. He isn't ready yet but I think that is where he needs to play. What I've also noticed is that he doesn't know how to move without the ball, whenever someone has possession Pjanic doesn't move into space, instead he goes towards the ball carrier.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
The more I watch Pjanic the more I think he needs to play as a regista. He isn't ready yet but I think that is where he needs to play. What I've also noticed is that he doesn't know how to move without the ball, whenever someone has possession Pjanic doesn't move into space, instead he goes towards the ball carrier.
agreed

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats his biggiest weakness for sure, besides mentality/soft physically, he litterally doesnt make himself open for passes, its kinda odd for a playmaker, he usually gets the ball standing still in not that great position which leads him to only making simple one touch pass. Its only near end he realized he needs to move better and combined well with Cuadrado off the cuff.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
I think in those first 30mins against Lyon he showed what he can do in that AM role he was like a menace. Creating, dribbling, shoothing, passing. This international break will do us good. Its time for Allegri to sit down with his staff and figure out everything. We need a more attacking style of play we have the players and the skills to do so plus Higuain, Pjaca and Pjanic are that kind of players add Cuadrado to that. I know we can't go full attack on every team or every time but still we must have attacking style of play. We don't have the quality in the midfield but we sure have it on the wings and in the attack.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Regista has to know how to move without the ball though. Pirlo and Marchisio are always available, because they move well.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
Regista has to know how to move without the ball though. Pirlo and Marchisio are always available, because they move well.
Every single midfielder has to know how to move wothout the ball. Its actually the basic kbowledge that a footballer has to have, and in that area our whole team (except maybe Higuain csuse he has played in Real) is severely lacking. Our off the ball movement is appauling

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yeh.

Our guys just stand there waiting for a side pass to sandro of cuadrado, or a wishfull longball to our forwards. Also we spend too much time gambling on those crosses instead of trying to create plays per se. But with our current mids, this will be impossible because with the exception of MArchisio and Pjanic, none of them has the skill to create something. Khedira has some good passes sometimes, but his overall contribution to the game is so poor that the cons outweight his few pros.

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
Every single midfielder has to know how to move wothout the ball. Its actually the basic kbowledge that a footballer has to have, and in that area our whole team (except maybe Higuain csuse he has played in Real) is severely lacking. Our off the ball movement is appauling
This is really the greatest criticism I have for Allegri. Our midfield is not functioning at all as a unit. There have been multiple games this season where our midfield looked Serie B level. That is unacceptable. The midfielders' roles and responsibilities don't really seem that well-defined, especially Pjanic's. Regardless of who we field there, bar Marchisio, they also seem worryingly tentative to pass amongst each other, and they have absolutely no confidence that they can keep the ball when pressured.

And its not just a problem for our attack, every game there is at least one or two chances created for the other team because our midfielders are either caught out of position or are too lazy to track back. Our forwards and defenders have to bail our midfielders out of alarming situations they got themselves into on a regular basis. Dani Alves getting frustrated and dribbling through the middle, Dybala receiving the ball directly in front of our central defense, Mandzukic chasing down some opponent who lost Khedira on the counter, etc. That's great that they are helping out, but worrying at the same time.

I do think it will get better given time, both for our players to get healthy, and to improve their cohesion and anticipation. But Allegri has a lot of work to do.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yes, that's pretty much it. He has a hard time moving well, and that's why he takes more time to fit in.

As a regista, movement is probably simpler than as a mezzala or AM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)