Miralem Pjanić (103 Viewers)

May 23, 2013
Sorry for late response been pretty busy
Obviously not every "chance created" is equal, but the higher the numbers there, the better. As we saw today, with his fantastic corners, his fantastic crosses, his fantastic long balls like the one Higuain should have buried
I definitely agree that the more chances the better, however I was pointing out that just having three chances per game can be misleading and does not debunk the opinion that hes been poor.

Even against AC Milan in a relatively mediocre game from him, he created a couple excellent chances, the fantastic through ball to Sandro, who screwed up the pull-back for Higuain and instead pulled it back to no one, and so on.
I expect more than a through ball which lead to there almost being a pass from Pjanic.

The only two really horrible games Pjanic has played were Inter and Lyon.
Add Napoli and maybe Palermo

Conversely he played excellent matches against Sassuolo, Zagreb, and today against Sampdoria.
I agree though it is a bit troubling to see him fail in our 4 biggest games which he has participated in thus far.

The other matches were somewhere in between.
Agreed

He needs to consistently play at his top level and do it against our tougher opponents. Marchisio should help with that, as should gaining better understanding of his teammates (aside from Higuain, as the two of them seem to have chemistry, while neither of them has any chemistry at all with the rest of the team yet).
I am definitely hoping that Marchisio will raise Pjanic's level as he did with Pogba, I would also add Lemina in there to add some more physicality in the midfield. On your point of Pjanic and Higuain one thing iv loved about Pjanic is the fact that he actually plays balls through the middle, which is the best way to utilize Higgy.

Buy on AliExpress.com

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
:tup:

I'd like to see Lemina-Marchisio-Pjanic or Khedira-Marchisio-Lemina against teams that press hard like Napoli. A little more physicality and ball-winning ability in the midfield. Khedira-Hernanes-Pjanic is just incredibly slow and soft.

We should have a 4 man rotation in mid for big matches, Marchisio between 2 of Khedira, Lemina, Pjanic dependent on who is in form and the style of play of the opponent. I really think we'd see much better from both Khedira and Pjanic playing with Lemina as a B2B and Marchisio as regista. It's a much better balance.
I like this idea, specially the first thought Pjanic - Marchisio - Lemina. This could fit well.

However I have a hard time thinking if Khedira and Lemina can play together. I don't see either being able to play on the left side.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sorry for late response been pretty busy

I definitely agree that the more chances the better, however I was pointing out that just having three chances per game can be misleading and does not debunk the opinion that hes been poor.

I expect more than a through ball which lead to there almost being a pass from Pjanic.

Add Napoli and maybe Palermo

I agree though it is a bit troubling to see him fail in our 4 biggest games which he has participated in thus far.

Agreed

I am definitely hoping that Marchisio will raise Pjanic's level as he did with Pogba, I would also add Lemina in there to add some more physicality in the midfield. On your point of Pjanic and Higuain one thing iv loved about Pjanic is the fact that he actually plays balls through the middle, which is the best way to utilize Higgy.
I think we agree on everything here. :tup:

Today was appalling from him. He was absolutely awful.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
With Sturaro and Khedira spread so wide there is no one to bounce the ball off and Lyon has packed the mid again forcing Pjanic to go so deep to get the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 99)