Miralem Pjanić (100 Viewers)

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He is not settled yet. I think playing as the left midfielder in 352 really limits him. He has Sandro alongside (and sometimes even Evra) and that's basically it. All other players are either too far away or can't play ball at all (Chiello). His long range diagonal passes are pure sex (like yesterday on Gonsalo), but imo he needs another midfielder beside/upfront.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Mar 3, 2014
Juventino[RUS];5408506 said:
People misunderstood the type of player he is, myself included.

Pjanic is a great passer, and playmaker. He is also very technical with flair. He is also weak on the ball, and generally doesn't like holding onto the ball for the long periods of time. This makes him no regista. He is a good passing outlet, but he needs someone else in the midfield who is capable of holding onto the ball and running with it. Pjanic will give him passing outlets, and make nice flicks/ long range passes, but he will never be a water carrier.

He is effective, but with Marchisio and Khedira, I'm not sure we have the legs in that midfield, especially if Marchisio is playing in a deep position. Marchisio 3-4 years ago would have been the legs, but post injury and with age, I'm not sure if he is most effective in a box to box position anymore. If Marchisio remains the water carrier, the RCM position needs to be filled by someone with legs and technical ability.

One possibility could be allowing Hernanes to play as the water carrier and if Marchisio is fit enough, deploying beside Pjanic.

Jun 6, 2015
People misunderstood the type of player he is, myself included.

Pjanic is a great passer, and playmaker. He is also very technical with flair. He is also weak on the ball, and generally doesn't like holding onto the ball for the long periods of time. This makes him no regista. He is a good passing outlet, but he needs someone else in the midfield who is capable of holding onto the ball and running with it. Pjanic will give him passing outlets, and make nice flicks/ long range passes, but he will never be a water carrier.

He is effective, but with Marchisio and Khedira, I'm not sure we have the legs in that midfield, especially if Marchisio is playing in a deep position. Marchisio 3-4 years ago would have been the legs, but post injury and with age, I'm not sure if he is most effective in a box to box position anymore. If Marchisio remains the water carrier, the RCM position needs to be filled by someone with legs and technical ability.

One possibility could be allowing Hernanes to play as the water carrier and if Marchisio is fit enough, deploying beside Pjanic.
Benching Khedira for Hernanes :shifty: Back to the drawing board I'm afraid.

Jan 5, 2011
Lol I just watched the replay of Pjanic goal, and there were some idiots think he should have scored from the first shot. The angle of his first shot is extremely narrow (look more like a pass to me), while the second shot is powerful and accurate.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I thought Pjanic had a good game :boh:

A goal and an assist and we still complain. Should have had two assists but Higuain missed a chance he'd usually buried.

He was very poor against Milan though...but still had a goal wrongly disallowed. He'll only get better with us with every passing game.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

A goal and an assist and we still complain. Should have had two assists but Higuain missed a chance he'd usually buried.

He was very poor against Milan though...but still had a goal wrongly disallowed. He'll only get better with us with every passing game.
His stats are amazing. But watching our games, it comes at à price.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010

Pjanic is the reason we are fighting relegation

abrakadaver07

Jul 8, 2008
He's a playmaker, TQ even. He always played this way, don't know what you're expecting of him. He's not a direct replacement for Pogba, they're different types of players. It's not his job to enforce our midfield, he's more like the icing on the cake. Pogba didn't really do it either but he's still a box-to-box at core, Pjanic is not. He's more of a 2006 Pirlo before he transitioned to regista and still had some pace. Obivously not as good, but you get the point.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He's a playmaker, TQ even. He always played this way, don't know what you're expecting of him. He's not a direct replacement for Pogba, they're different types of players. It's not his job to enforce our midfield, he's more like the icing on the cake. Pogba didn't really do it either but he's still a box-to-box at core.
Nah not a tq

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's quality but a bit timid and inconsistent. Real quality though, the sort that will win games. He also has no physique to him.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a better second season from him, it's not easy to shake the pussyness he's swam in for a few years.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I think the perfect environment would be to play Pjanic - Marchisio - Lemina as this would guarantee us physicality and dynamism in our midfield we recently lacked. As for the system he definitely thrives when there's a lot of 'runners' around him so he can serve them with through passes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 96)