Miralem Pjanić (98 Viewers)

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I really dont get the fetish Italians have with the "regista".

It will be absolutely moronic to play Pjanic as a regista and Matuidi as a CM. Pjanic passes to Matuidi who tries to setup the offense.

Pirlo became a regista later on because of his age. When he was 26, he was a CM, protected by Gattuso, and that's exactly where he should be.

I like the midfield with Matuidi as a DM, Pjanic as the cerebral CM and Khedira the box-to-box CM who gives balance to the team. But the other way around will be very hard to understand.

The sooner Allegri wakes up to this, the better.

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014

It will be absolutely moronic to play Pjanic as a regista and Matuidi as a CM. Pjanic passes to Matuidi who tries to setup the offense.

Pirlo became a regista later on because of his age. When he was 26, he was a CM, protected by Gattuso, and that's exactly where he should be.

I like the midfield with Matuidi as a DM, Pjanic as the cerebral CM and Khedira the box-to-box CM who gives balance to the team. But the other way around will be very hard to understand.

Dude it's only a terms...
For instance, Pirlo and Marchisio play with different style, but italians called both of them regista

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

That just made my mouth water.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

You never seen Matuidi play? Or not grasping tactics or how to utilize specific player qualities much. Just because you play higher up doesnt necessarily mean you arent defending more. First of all I'm not keen on the idea of Pjanic as regista full time since he doesnt seem to move as one, but how Allegri invisions the role, Pjanic is more suitful for it then most we have (you said cerebral CM, but nothing is more cerebral midfield role then having this kind of player as regista), and Matuidi if you mean DM as in holding midfield is NOT possible. He cant, neither tactically (there is a reason Pogba was used as DM in Euros...), technically, not remotely close to how to best use him. He is very physical, quick engine of a player who needs to run into space and cover ground, hardworking box to box runner, he can do defensive work more that way then as traditional holding DM.

Who also says just because Matuidi plays higher up/to the side, he will set up the offense? lol. He will do most of his work off the ball and play 1-2s or get into box offensively, he will rarely hold onto the ball for long (lacks the technique) so why do you think he will get the ball from Pjanic to set up the offense? It will be the reverse, Matuidi will play it simple and mainly quickly give it to attackers or Pjanic to set up the offense.

Maybe its you who needs to wake up and not the Allegri who earns millions to tactically solve things for these players?

You know Pjanic well since he is a cerebral type of technical playmaker (tho not all around vision type, more of quickly solve with individual plays type), but you seriously need to watch a highlight of an average Matuidi game and how he operates to get a sense of him before calling him a holding DM type:

He is so crappy technically :lol: No way anyone should want him to be in holding position to receive the ball further down.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
You never seen Matuidi play? Or not grasping tactics or how to utilize specific player qualities much. Just because you play higher up doesnt necessarily mean you arent defending more. First of all I'm not keen on the idea of Pjanic as regista full time since he doesnt seem to move as one, but how Allegri invisions the role, Pjanic is more suitful for it then most we have (you said cerebral CM, but nothing is more cerebral midfield role then having this kind of player as regista), and Matuidi if you mean DM as in holding midfield is NOT possible. He cant, neither tactically (there is a reason Pogba was used as DM in Euros...), technically, not remotely close to how to best use him. He is very physical, quick engine of a player who needs to run into space and cover ground, hardworking box to box runner, he can do defensive work more that way then as traditional holding DM.

Who also says just because Matuidi plays higher up/to the side, he will set up the offense? lol. He will do most of his work off the ball and play 1-2s or get into box offensively, he will rarely hold onto the ball for long (lacks the technique) so why do you think he will get the ball from Pjanic to set up the offense? It will be the reverse, Matuidi will play it simple and mainly quickly give it to attackers or Pjanic to set up the offense.

Maybe its you who needs to wake up and not the Allegri who earns millions to tactically solve things for these players?

You know Pjanic well since he is a cerebral type of technical playmaker (tho not all around vision type, more of quickly solve with individual plays type), but you seriously need to watch a highlight of an average Matuidi game and how he operates to get a sense of him before calling him a holding DM type:

He is so crappy technically :lol: No way anyone should want him to be in holding position to receive the ball further down.
Actually I was asking if he could be deployed as a DM. I know he's a CM.

Highlight of the video: 2:16 and 2:38 lol.

Yes, he cant be a DM. Under pressure his passing should be disastrous. His biggest trait is physicality, and as you said, he's most useful running around.

That's precisely why I dont like the transfer. Asamoah is more technical than him, and I dont like a midfield composed of 2 CMs who are purely box to box, even if Khedira is a smart player.

We always had Pogba who is so creative and intelligent. We need Pjanic to do part of that role, and that would mean benching Matuidi.

regista Pjanic is NOT the way to go, and Matuidi signing pretty much seals that Pjanic will be playing as a regista everytime Marchisio cant play, and that when Marchisio comes back, if everyone if fit, Matuidi will get his ass benched.

Useful player, but price is not good and I have serious doubts about him offering what we really need.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I share your reservations about our needs and type of qualities he has, but he is still a good addition to our squad considering the lack of options, and something you look beyond is his high level experience in top level. Defenitely needed addition to steady a shaky midfield. I recall when Marchisio/Khedira were gone and we started with Sturaro and Lemina, we looked like scared cats with no one taking charge, this guy remedies that a bit, will hardly be intimidated our bullied by Serie A midfields.

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
i saw a lot of roma last season because of my ex and although pjanic's figures are better than pogba i can assure u he is anything but consistent, you have another marchisio in ur mid now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 93)