Miralem Pjanić (99 Viewers)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
True.

Really hope Pogba stays, but ... imagine if we could get a ton of money + Kroos for him. That deal is no joke, and I'm not even sure we would be weakened. Sure, Pogba is phenomenal and he's a much more marketable player than the german. But Kroos, god damn, he's the ultimate midfielder in my opinion. So elegant. Works hard, fights for the ball and has a tremendous passing ability (one of the best in the game).

Here's hoping Pogba stays, but I must say I am rather intrigued with the megacash + Kroos offer that's being reported. Could we ever get a better deal for Pogba?
Madrid are not that stupid. And whatever offer we may get I dont think we should sell because its not worth trying to find our rhythm again after last season especially that now we have good enough players to try and go all the way in the CL. There has to be an almost guaranteed substantial improvement in our squad as a whole if we sell Pogba and frankly I think there is very little room for that given that we are stacked with top quality in almost every position.

Kroos is a downgrade not just in terms of individual quality (I know he is great) compared to Pogba but also because we will have to find a new game-plane and go through a transition phase again to come up with that new game plan. If we are going to make such a transition again because Pogba asked to leave then Kroos + whatever cash is not enough because really who can we buy that would improve us substantially? I can only think of James and Vidal tbh and the latter is gone forever while Madrid doesnt want to let James go for some reason.

I'd definitely wait for next summer. We can see how far we can go with Pogba and if we still come short and he wants to go then we would sell him for mega-money. Kroos will still be there. James will still be there. And who knows what sort of striker will still be there maybe Griezmann or Suarez. Kroos and a bag of money when no one better than what we have is really on the market is not a great situation to be in now. Whatever is available now will be available next season.

Suppose you had an extra 100 mill now with Pogba staying. Who can you really add other than Griezmann and James? Cavani wont leave and isnt that much of an improvement over what we have. Same for Higuain or Aubemayang. Lewandowski is an improvement but wont go anywhere except maybe Madrid. Maybe we can go for wingers and change formations permanently but again there is a shortage of quality players that you can buy. Reus is a top winger at a smaller club... maybe Mahrez if last season was not a fluke and Hazard if last season was a fluke, but then you sink to the level of Depay, Berardi and Felipe Anderson which would be a waste of money.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Just stahp about Pogba ffs.This is the Pjanic thread.

Reportedly, #Pjanic will visit
#JMedical to undergo medicals with
#Juve at 8:30 CET. 30 mins from
now #WelcomePjanic

15 mins from now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 95)