Miloš Krasić (8 Viewers)

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
It is mainly because he chose us over other teams that were willing to pay better wages. Also he was linked to teams with a better squad than ours, that would compete for the league title in the respective country with a better chance of success. Why would he choose a team that's failed miserably for a few seasons, deliberately turn down the chance to earn more money & possibly have a better shot at silverware?
Like I said, it was guaranteed that he will start every game and would be idolized, which did happen quickly. I don't believe this will happen in Man City; a team full of WC players. Yes, he had a better chance of winning something with Man City more than us, but he might wanted to be in the limelight with a team like Juve. We are a big team but our squad was weak, he was meant to be our 'best' player. He can't be all that at MC.
Simply put, he might wanted 'personal' success/glory.

I think most players choose teams for a career move, I don't think you're wrong there, but he took the harder option of going to a struggling Juventus instead of OilCity. For that reason, I don't think he'll give up on Juventus yet either, unless he's been told to move (which I doubt). Perhaps he chose Juve because when he was young he watched the club dominate during the 90s and saw how they transformed players.

I liked him for most of last season (6-8 months), he scored some nice goals against Roma and Brescia even though his form dropped, the form this season is by far his worst at Juve.
I did not exclude this possibility, I genuinely wish that was his reason.
I was considering other factors that might led to his decision of choosing Juve.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly. It's all up to himself, it's not like there's a tough competition for him to "earn" his place back. I think we shouldn't give up on him just yet. There are other positions which need to be strengthened and selling Krasic would leave us with only Pepe and Giac whose relatively good forms don't seem to last long.
You don't know that Pepe's form will drop. Even if it does, would it be for over a year now like Krasic has been? Who knows.

Also, with the change of formation and how much better the 433 is than the 424, I think it's safe to say Krasic doesn't really quite fit in as much as (Nicholas said after you) Quag/Esti along with the high flying Pepe/Mirko. Tactically, it might make sense to keep Krasic as a squad player if we need to change a formation. But as a starter? I don't think so, I'd pass and sell if we get a better player. I'd rather have a 22-24 year old younger player oozing with confidence/potential than a 27 year old one-dimensional player without that much room to grow. Selling now, while his value is high and bring in someone with much more potential and tricks up their sleeves makes more sense than keeping him around hoping he starts playing better again.

After seeing his response the last time he go into the game, moped around and you saw how fast he found himself in the stands. If Conte doesn't stand for it, why should any of you?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You don't know that Pepe's form will drop. Even if it does, would it be for over a year now like Krasic has been? Who knows.

Also, with the change of formation and how much better the 433 is than the 424, I think it's safe to say Krasic doesn't really quite fit in as much as (Nicholas said after you) Quag/Esti along with the high flying Pepe/Mirko. Tactically, it might make sense to keep Krasic as a squad player if we need to change a formation. But as a starter? I don't think so, I'd pass and sell if we get a better player. I'd rather have a 22-24 year old younger player oozing with confidence/potential than a 27 year old one-dimensional player without that much room to grow. Selling now, while his value is high and bring in someone with much more potential and tricks up their sleeves makes more sense than keeping him around hoping he starts playing better again.

After seeing his response the last time he go into the game, moped around and you saw how fast he found himself in the stands. If Conte doesn't stand for it, why should any of you?
1.Pepe was terrible for a year and has been good for what? A few matches now? I see no reason to have faith in him over Krasic.
2. You really think the 4-3-3 is a formation less suited to Krasic than a 4-4-2?
3. And I want to know which 22-24 winger who just oozes potential do you think having Krasic is currently preventing us from signing?

Of course if Conte actually wants to get rid of him then that's another story but I think alot of this is just speculation that's been brewing since he has hardly played yet.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Conte thinks that Krasic isn't even the 2nd best in his position then sell Milos. We can't afford keeping him when we can get +10m and he can't afford to sit in the stands.
But replacing him with guys like Giaccherini won't do the trick. We're not buying super stars and most of our players are 10-15m eur worth guys. In such situation we will need a much better bench for next year, assuming we make the CL. Kinda like the situation in our attack. I feel comfortable when Quag or DP replace Mirko or Matri. I want to feel just as comfortable when our midfielders and defenders are being replaced. All due respect to Giac and Pazienza but those guys should be there to make the places 23-25 in a 25 men squad. For the other 22 positions we will need better players.
Logic says that since we are using 4-3-3 and our strength lies with within Pirlo-Marchisio-Vidal then we should buy cover for these three because we have only Pazienza for that. So selling Krasic and buying a backup central midfielder might not be that bad even though I like Krasic a lot.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Exactly. It's all up to himself, it's not like there's a tough competition for him to "earn" his place back. I think we shouldn't give up on him just yet. There are other positions which need to be strengthened and selling Krasic would leave us with only Pepe and Giac whose relatively good forms don't seem to last long.
:tup:

People are so willing to rid ourselves of Krasic straight away, when the alternatives are Pepe and Giaccherini.

I can't see why we just can't give Milos til the end of the season to prove his worth. He deserves it after saving our ass numerous times last season. Anyway, I'd keep him at the very least as a bench player.

And as you said this Krasic issue shouldnt even be a priority, instead of replacing fucking wingers and midfielders every season like we always do, I hope we focus on our defence for once, namely in signing a new LB and CB. Krasic shouldnt be the main thing the club is worried about.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
1.Pepe was terrible for a year and has been good for what? A few matches now? I see no reason to have faith in him over Krasic.
2. You really think the 4-3-3 is a formation less suited to Krasic than a 4-4-2?
3. And I want to know which 22-24 winger who just oozes potential do you think having Krasic is currently preventing us from signing?

Of course if Conte actually wants to get rid of him then that's another story but I think alot of this is just speculation that's been brewing since he has hardly played yet.
1.) Conte is getting the best out of Pepe in this formation, much more productive than the Pepe of last year in the 442 with DN. Conte, however, is not getting the old Krasic back because he is finding that the 433 is much more effective than the 442 and moving onto my next point...
2.)Krasic does not fit the 433 because he just isn't that multidimensional. The front 3 need movement, intelligent runs. Hell, Matri/Mirko aren't fast, but Krasic is and it doesn't effective their game. Krasic is a 1 trick pony...his left foot is weak, his pacing isn't great, hell even his crossing is inconsistent...pepe at least offers consistency and if he gives the ball away you better believe he at least puts in an effort to get it back. Not to mention Krasic tracking back to defend? Puhlease, Pepe shits on him in that regard.
3.) I never said anything about having Krasic preventing us from signing anyone. I said, use the money we would get and buy someone more effective. That's assuming we are on a budget, but if the club has money to spend on a more effective RM and keeping Krasic as backup, then that's even better.

So if Conte wants to get rid of him, suddenly its OK?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pepe is just more of a safeguard as well. He tracks back and helps out regaining possession...you know "what Vidal does so well". Thats the kind of stuff that goes unnoticed and people expect krasic to perform like he did last season...I just don't think he can. That's my opinion, and defenders in the league figured him out. That threat has been neutralized.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Also, ill be sincere.... i know his game is pretty predictable, but even with that fact known, there still will be defenders that will have difficulties stopping krasic, even when knowing that he will justr run and run. His problems is more with himself thana nything else...and also is worrisome his lack of resources.

He can for sure still make use of his speed...but he is mentally blocked and the fact that conte cannot speak freely with him is a real negative.

Right now there is a lack of communication and maybe dissapointment in conte.....and krasic and his agent are alreay looking for options.

IMO the cards are already played.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
If his agent is just saying this because he was in the stands then he is an idiot. I remember when Krasic was benched; rightfully, his agent was complaining so it wouldn't surprise me. At this point in time Krasic has to work hard to win his spot back, if he doesnt well it would be in both parties best interests to part ways, a swap and cash with Kolarov or somewhere in Germany for a Hummels or Gotze. I highly doubt the two latter though. I hope Krasic can regain form though.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
At 27, he should be able to regain confidence fairly quick, which he hasn't in 12 months. It's too late for an old dog to learn new tricks. Conte may give him 1-2 games to prove himself but at the moment with Pepe playing so well and the team using a 4-3-3 formation, it's really hard to see him getting any sort of chance.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I don't believe Krasic lost his form as much as most are saying.

If anyone watched him at the WC before joining Juve, he was one ineffective player for Serbia. One could clearly see that he was not a world class player.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I don't believe Krasic lost his form as much as most are saying.

If anyone watched him at the WC before joining Juve, he was one ineffective player for Serbia. One could clearly see that he was not a world class player.
Krasic is effective in a 4-4-2, he can race down the flanks, cross the ball into the box and be effective on counter attacks. However, our new system of a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, he isn't effective because he doesn't have the skills to directly take on opponents close the box.

If we can get a good amount of money or GOTZE :D I'd say do it immediately.

Jul 1, 2010
Krasic is effective in a 4-4-2, he can race down the flanks, cross the ball into the box and be effective on counter attacks. However, our new system of a 4-3-3 and 4-2-3-1, he isn't effective because he doesn't have the skills to directly take on opponents close the box.

If we can get a good amount of money or GOTZE :D I'd say do it immediately.
Krasic+40 M for Gotze+Hummels :tuttosport:

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
I don't know what the original source is, but the content of this new article on tribalfootball seems very likely, imo:
http://www.tribalfootball.com/artic...-out-juventus-2190811?utm_source=feed_newsnow
http://www.football-italia.net/node/13061

I've said that couple of times already, his price is dropping while he's on the bench.
Some fans say we should give him a chance and keep him until summer, but what if he is still benched?
Then we will sell him for dirt cheap. That is a risk that we don't really need to be taking.
If Krasic obviously not in Conte's plans + his scary current game level, then we better sell him in winter while his price is relatively high.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree. And the money should be reinvested immediately, but in my opinion it shouldn't be used to get a replacement winger. I think we're well covered in those areas with Pepe, Giaccherini, Estigarribia and Elia. Sure, there are better wingers in this world, but I don't think it should be a priority right now. The money should be spent to acquire a quality left back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)