Miloš Krasić - AM R - CSKA Moscow (17 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Landon Donavon or Chicurito.
i know nothing of Chicurito...though I do like his name, it evokes imagery of a sweet little mexican lady, coy and brimming with adolescent allure.

But Donovan, I know well enough. And a player whose finest displays in the european leagues of any renown, at 28 years old, are limited to a very brief period at Munchen, and a far from electrifying short loan with the mighty toffees, certainly does not seem like a quality acquisition. Admittedly, he does seem to look decent when he plays for his country, but so do many players whose club form is far weaker. Watching the yankees play...I can't say I have seen them perform without admirable spirit and tenacity.

Sorry, Aaron, if your post was tongue in cheek, making my response...pointless.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Aha! the little imp that my manchester united loving workmate gets childishly excited about so often when we speak of the coming season in England. If I am not mistaken??? signed just before the world cup. Rooney, Berbatov, Mancheda, Oberton, Wellbeck...well, forget Wellbeck, but...the little mexican is going to face a tough time getting a game. Better off going on loan...

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
yeah i think i read somewhere that he'll be probably loaned out for a season but i cant recall the source.

but on the other hand,except from rooney,i dont see anything special for their 1st team.berbatov is worse that amauri,owen is done as a footballer and obertan/macheda/wellbeck will probably be playing for their reserve squad

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
yeah i think i read somewhere that he'll be probably loaned out for a season but i cant recall the source.

but on the other hand,except from rooney,i dont see anything special for their 1st team.berbatov is worse that amauri,owen is done as a footballer and obertan/macheda/wellbeck will probably be playing for their reserve squad
Mate, whilst berbatov has been largely disappointing for United, in his career as a whole, I have seen him show vastly more quality, in terms of ball control and shooting, than I have ever seen of Amauri. Completely different kinds of players.

Amauri to me, can be world class in the air. Whereas Berbatov can be world class on the grass, with the ball at his feet. Admittedly, I have seen much more of Berbatov than I have of Amauri pre-juve, but he is technically, far more gifted than Amauri.

Owen, as you say, is dead. Not sure about Oberton...Ferguson now and then speaks hopefully of him, as I read him doing the same of...maybe a Diouf, in their ranks. What happens to Macheda??? He looked very useful in the brief outings over the last year or so...looking at it in more detail, oerhaps the little mexican can legitimately aim for third choice striker, behind Berbatov and Rooney. As the others don't seem anywhere near established just yet.

Regardless of their striking selection, United MUST purchase a creative force in the middle of the park, to start taking over from Scholes. They have been very unlucky with Rio and Hargraves, this last season or so...but still came within a whisker of winning the league. But now...with City spending big, Chelsea sticking solid and adding some extra quality, the United squad seems to be trailing, in terms of overall quality, to their nearest rivals. Arsenal will be decent again also, if they keep Cesc and have Van persie and Asharvin fit for most the season. Its shaping up to be a lively premiership this season.

Lucky Luke

Jul 23, 2007
hm,daniel are you a united fan??:shifty:

as for berbatov,maybe united doesnt suit him,he was amazing in tottenham and for his national team.i'm not in a position to rate him as i watched him only in a handfull matches the previous season.macheda and obertan are hot prospects but they need some real challenging playing time.i see you dont rate wellbeck and i'll have to accept it,you seem to know more than me about me.

bottom line is i hate man united and everything regarding them..so please tell me that you hate them too

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
hm,daniel are you a united fan??:shifty:

as for berbatov,maybe united doesnt suit him,he was amazing in tottenham and for his national team.i'm not in a position to rate him as i watched him only in a handfull matches the previous season.macheda and obertan are hot prospects but they need some real challenging playing time.i see you dont rate wellbeck and i'll have to accept it,you seem to know more than me about me.

bottom line is i hate man united and everything regarding them..so please tell me that you hate them too
hohohoho!!!...As I have spent the majority of my life in England, Luke, and played football throughout the period, I know the premiership very well indeed. The last season or so, as I have been here in Melbourne, I have been unable to watch as much as I would like, but the main topic of conversation when I speak with my brethren from the homeland is football. They are my ears and eyes. But yes...I have a better knowledge of the premiership from the early 90s to Now, than I do of any other league. I am certainly a fan of the style of football which Ferguson employs. For Man United have been consistently one of the most entertaining teams, not just in England, but in europe also, for me anyway.

Ferguson was extremely lucky, to have an ultra talented group of youngsters all coming good at the same time in the 90s, and from the success they brought to the club, its been a more a case of Fergie replacing his aging stars intelligently, than creating a completely new team. However, they have been in a transition of sorts over the last year or two, and remain there now, despite their decent effort last season in the league. This season will be telling...as its time for some players to step up, or walk away.

They always play entertaining, attacking football. And as they have Rooney, who is my favourite player in the world game, I am always interested in how they are performing...so...I will say, I am a fan of their style, and also of Rooney. Still...when I lived in Manchester, as most my mates there were City supporters, I did join in with spitting on the walls of old trafford when we drove by one day...hohohooh...childish and stupid, but seemed fun at the time, or rather, risky...

I am not sure about wellbeck. As have seen very little of him.

I do support an english team, but they are in league two... Gillingham. As they were the nearest league team to where i grew up in Kent. As for supporting a premiership team...i just have teams i like. Used to be mainly fulham, due to the dogged approach to their play, instilled by Coleman, and much more recently Hodgson. But generally, I greatly enjoy watching Arsenal. Perhaps more so than Man U. That is, of course, unless Rooney is on fire...in which case, there is no more beautiful a sight in world football, than the grisly troll god, destroying everyone in his path.

It bothers me sometimes, when I read people talking about him on these forums, especially when their comments suggest that they have not watched him regularly over the last few years. I think you'd be hard pressed to find even any Arsenal, chelsea or liverpool supporters, who would argue that he is not something very special indeed.

The most pleasing moment of the world cup for me, was when I read of Messi saying that Rooney is the one player in the world he would love to play alongside, because, in messi's words, something along the lines of 'he plays with fire in his eyes'. Poetic and spot-on. Also, Messi went on to suggest that Rooney loves the game so fucking much, that he would be playing with the exact same intense tenacity and dangerous competitiveness, whether he was earning 100000 a week or 10 a week. I concurr...

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
he is from the movie Big Trouble in Little China....his "character name was David Lo Pan"

:)
I am well aware who he is, mate...and last week, during a drunken conversation with a mate, he told me 'go fuck yourself, Lopan'...which immediately brought back the memories of that kurt russell classic. So I grabbed his picture, a few of them actually, chose one as my avatar then started pleading the mods to change ny name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)