Miloš Krasić - AM R - CSKA Moscow (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Dubai is more of an economical destination for the whole middle east than a traveling one. They built these luxurious hotels, restaurants, resorts...etc. for the sake of pleasing wealthy business men when they visit and it worked then it gradually slipped to becoming a visiting destination and one of the most appealing places for tourists in the U.A.E. But still, they rely on being the main port in the U.E.A and the whole Middle East for that matter more than being a tourist destination for making money and so when the global financial crisis hit the globe and banks, naturally they were hit too since they already had massive debts in their hand and were relying on making some profits in the coming years pay them out. That didn't happen, so here they're.
Their oil reserves run out in 2014, it's why they started building palm-shaped island and everything.

Apr 29, 2006
The only countries I would understand for wanting out of EU are Holland and Germany. Then again look at the common values in between - aka Deutsche Bank...APGs monster kids are all Deutsche Controlled and so it goes.
Financially Germany is setting the tone and if one makes a difference between fiscal and economical balance, one would understand they are doing great. Greece, Spain, Italy are never going to be economical powers, due to climate mostly. They are never going to be financial powers either and Greece was bombarded financially by US banks not long ago, killing the entire region's investments effectively. Credit swaps, anyone?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
For once I agree with you, except the reason Greece failed was because they maintained too much autonomy over their fiscal policy most importantly theirs budget statements themselves. Had the CEU seen their books 5 years ago, this would have still happened due to greed but we'd have seen it coming.
Wrong.

Apr 29, 2006
Bah, I don't buy UAE are out in 2014. Peaked - yes, but out.... I'd give them more time. But if they keep on building the tallest buildings in the world, while 10 miles from there people have no water, no real economy, literally starvation within the emigration camps...
That is why Dubai was an arab dream IMO. It's not the city, it's the mentality that has to change.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006
Their oil reserves run out in 2014, it's why they started building palm-shaped island and everything.
They never had that much oil to start with, they barely relied on it anyway. It's Abu Dahbi that is the most famous and rich with oil. They're decent oil reserves too.

Bah, I don't buy UAE are out in 2014. Peaked - yes, but out.... I'd give them more time. But if they keep on building the tallest buildings in the world, while 10 miles from there people have no water, no real economy, literally starvation within the emigration camps...
That is why Dubai was an arab dream IMO. It's not the city, it's the mentality that has to change.
:lol:

You really really know shit about the country.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
George Tavlas. That is my girlfriends father. He says you're wrong.
So essentially a man who is a complete failure at sustainable fiscal policy, if I'm not mistaken he worked on the SAPs didn't he, if it is the same IMF touting, OECD schmoozing person I'm thinking off, does he actually believe that the Greek governments failure to take in as much if not more tax revenue than they spent isn't why they are in debt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)