Milan- Juventus (1 Viewer)

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++

He saved Sheva's initial shot in the first goal .. but IMO his clearance was bad as the ball went straight back to Sheva who easily scored.

The second goal was the defence's mistake but for Pippo to put the ball between his legs and into the net is a bit embarassing ..

He only made one good save in the match and wasn't pretty much tested other than that ..
Oki, in this way. Thanks :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by sheva ] ++

Denco,I'm sorry your managing career has to end like this:down:But , what can you do ,I wasn't lying when I said that Shevchenko will punish us,nor was I lying when I said that Pippo and Sheva, two out and out strikers could do this job great:D Milan as I have predicted are back in the scudetto race, and they will continue by beating Inter later:D Anyway it was not that bad for Juve, and there are still enough matches for Del Piero to win. With both my teams having played today, I really want to give Milan the scudetto and for Juve to take Champions League, I mean we won scudetto last year right:D
Anyway, future luck to both my sides:cool:
I never said that Milan cannot beat Juve by using sheva and Inzaghi, I said that Milan play better with Inzaghi as a lone striker and I stand by that

Yes Sheva scored but he always scores against Juventus but like I said earlier Lippi has to take the blame for this defeat as his team selection helped Milan

Why are the press giving Buffon 5.5, neither goal was his fault, and please what did Nedved do to deserve 7? He was just okay and he deserved 6, no more our best player imo was Davids and if they gave him 7 then thats deserving

Milan were the better side , so I don't know why some ppl will come on here and say we deserved something out of this match we desevred what we got and thats a beating but I do not blame the team , I blame the manager

Dida made only 2 saves so please stop saying we lost because of Dida, did he not gift us our equaliser or did u all miss that bit?

Montero has proved a bit too often this season that he has lost something

Zambrotta did not play that badly to have been subbed

Nedved proved that he is not effective on the left anymore

Tudor always proved he is no good in midfiled not that he did all that well in defence anyway

Buffon was like I said completely blameless and to put the ball between a gola keeper's legs maybe embarassing for a goal keeper but there is nothing they can do about it

juv_10

Jul 13, 2002
you know some times I dont blame Lippi. may he doesnt have the players he wants or needs. Because the financial situation of the club ........may be that the reason he plays Zom in LB and Tudor in CM ..............but I could Not forgive him to play Nedved A PLAYMAKER

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Nedved proved that he is not effective on the left anymore
well he might be, if he were to play there all the time. What was obviosu here is that Nedved is now totally accustomed to the central role, and poutting him back on the left he didn't know what to do!

I still believe he has not produced to the same standard as in his Lazio days (left wing) and would ideally love him to be performing there as he lacks the necessary skills to play his position against organised defences.

As for the press ratings, well they are usually bollocks anyway, buffon had no blame attached with either goal IMO, the centre backs were poor for both, and actually the first one was offside!

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
buffon wasn't exactly to blame for the twp goals and neddy wasn't that good.davids did well and so did dp,he could have won it for us but credit to dida who made two great saves.superb header from neddy deserved to go in but i guess in the end it all boiled down to sheva's great match that troubled us.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Why are the press giving Buffon 5.5, neither goal was his fault, Tudor always proved he is no good in midfiled not that he did all that well in defence anyway

Buffon was like I said completely blameless and to put the ball between a gola keeper's legs maybe embarassing for a goal keeper but there is nothing they can do about it
Fahad said earlier: He only made one good save in the match and wasn't pretty much tested other than that ..
So maybe that's why so low ratings?
But even he wasn't tested much, so maybe it's better don't give him ratings at all (this sv in ratings) than give such low ratings, cause IMO such low ratings suggest that he played badly.

In fact I don't know. I'm asking and considering things cause of such low ratings :)

juvelover

Jul 13, 2002

Why are the press giving Buffon 5.5, neither goal was his fault, and please what did Nedved do to deserve 7? He was just okay and he deserved 6, Nedved proved that he is not effective on the left anymore, our best player imo was Davids and if they gave him 7 then thats deserving
tottaly agree :thumb:

Dida made only 2 saves so please stop saying we lost because of Dida, did he not gift us our equaliser or did u all miss that bit?
yeah dida wasn't that good ,, we didn't create many chances .

Zambrotta did not play that badly to have been subbed
i thought he was injured ,, I was suprised .
Tudor always proved he is no good in midfiled not that he did all that well in defence anyway
Forcin him to play in midfield made him lost his defensive skills ,, he is not that great defender anymore .

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Well, our first mistake of this game was putting Zala up front as a lone striker. He was very Salas-esque up there. Were we REALLY expecting a goal, or even some offensive pressure from him ?????

Lippi SHOULD have started DP or Trez up there if he really wanted the 3 points, which I am now doubting.

Our team is in a bit of disarray, lets take a look at some of our recent games :

Man U - twice embarrassed

Inter - our best game of the season IMO

Udine - Trez saves us from letdown, otherwise bad game

Modena- scoreline does not tell the real story of the game, had there goal counted (it should have), things would have been different

Deportivo- weak defense, minimal control & possession, lucky shot by Tudor

Basle- with the players we fielded, it should have been 4-0 for us, proving that we are the second weakest of the final 8 (ahead of Inter)

Milan- out-played, out hustled, out possessed.............

Things are not looking so good

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juv_10 ] ++
you know some times I dont blame Lippi. may he doesnt have the players he wants or needs. Because the financial situation of the club ........may be that the reason he plays Zom in LB and Tudor in CM ..............but I could Not forgive him to play Nedved A PLAYMAKER
juv_10, Lippi started playing Zambrotta at left back because of the absence of Pessotto, not because of the financial situation the club is in at all, because if Moggi wanted to, he could have easily purchased a left back, and what are you on about with Nedved? I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but when Neddy first arrived at Juve he was played as a left winger. During this period of time Pavel struggled, thus Lippi thrusted him into the playmaker role, where he has shone ever since and made the difference on countless occasions.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
Well, our first mistake of this game was putting Zala up front as a lone striker. He was very Salas-esque up there. Were we REALLY expecting a goal, or even some offensive pressure from him ?????

Lippi SHOULD have started DP or Trez up there if he really wanted the 3 points, which I am now doubting.

Our team is in a bit of disarray, lets take a look at some of our recent games :

Modena- scoreline does not tell the real story of the game, had there goal counted (it should have), things would have been different

Basle- with the players we fielded, it should have been 4-0 for us, proving that we are the second weakest of the final 8 (ahead of Inter)

yes the situation looks not so well. About the defence, i dont have any solutions. about attack, im giving all my hopes to delpiero´s comeback to change something. Otherwise....

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++

We played a hell of a game in Old Trafford, and beating Milan in the San Siro is no walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination. As for the games against Udinese, Modena and Deportivo, we didn't play to the best of our ability, but we managed to win nevertheless. That is the sign of a quality team.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

We played a hell of a game in Old Trafford, and beating Milan in the San Siro is no walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination. As for the games against Udinese, Modena and Deportivo, we didn't play to the best of our ability, but we managed to win nevertheless. That is the sign of a quality team.
I dont have any doubt about that!!. Juve have a lot of quality and potential, but what worries me is the fact that they cant play his best soccer, and turining situations that they can manage, into real problems.

I really dont know what is happening, something must change, but what?.

mate

Aug 28, 2002
Ther's not too mutch to say about this match... Juventus, who came from winning 6 match one after the other in serie A, looked in a better schape than Milan who was loosing so many points lately, but big matches are like this, a different history and anything can happen. IMO Juve was not inferior, this match could be a drow, the main difference was the "right day" of some Milan players... but as a team work ther's not so mutch to regret.

Shame that Ancelotti realized that it's thousend times better (especially with teams who do a lot of pressing) to let Sceva in the field and the slow Rivaldo in the bench, right before the match vs Juve :( Couldn't him keep on mistaking one more match?

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
Our problem is that our players arent good enough- Montero, Ferrara, Pessotto, etc are all old names clearly past their prime....

We(me included) dwell on their past generally, and think of them as good players, when, unfortunately they are not. Not any more anyways.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by mate ] ++
Ther's not too mutch to say about this match... Juventus, who came from winning 6 match one after the other in serie A, looked in a better schape than Milan who was loosing so many points lately, but big matches are like this, a different history and anything can happen. IMO Juve was not inferior, this match could be a drow, the main difference was the "right day" of some Milan players... but as a team work ther's not so mutch to regret.

Shame that Ancelotti realized that it's thousend times better (especially with teams who do a lot of pressing) to let Sceva in the field and the slow Rivaldo in the bench, right before the match vs Juve :( Couldn't him keep on mistaking one more match?
yeha totally agree, they were not inferior like some said. Were the circumtances, the good performance of some milan players and the lack of available strikers from juve. But, with this defebders crisis, juve have made it "more or less" acceptable this last games. but we really need an upgrade in the defence.

A more prepared juve could have beaten milan in his own home.Like the one who played vs interl.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by lacrease ] ++
And I by no means am advocating a total overhaul, rather a gradual replacement and renewal of the defence that should have started last season....
If we had purchased Cannavaro or Nesta last summer when we had the chance to things would be alot easier as far as the rebuilding of our defence goes, and this summer we would only have to find a young upcoming defender like Bonera to partner one of the two big Italians.

But as it stands now, we have to get 2 quality central defenders instead of 1. :down:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

If we had purchased Cannavaro or Nesta last summer when we had the chance to things would be alot easier as far as the rebuilding of our defence goes, and this summer we would only have to find a young upcoming defender like Bonera to partner one of the two big Italians.

But as it stands now, we have to get 2 quality central defenders instead of 1. :down:
i really wanted Cannavaro, but i realize that his age isn't gonna help juve for long.

as for nesta, he would have been great, but i still think that his high wages will pose a bit of a problem. (i still can't believe milan got him for so Cheap!!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)