Milan-Juventus (20 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah he's done it before, but it's kind of... unorthodox.

I have no way to say this without sounding incriminating, but I like him better in pink :kiss:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I watched the second half on a stream and was able to rewatch the first half later. Anyway, my thoughts on the game:

I think the refereeing was fine all round. Those penalties should not have been called: Cafu fouled Zambrotta before Zambrotta pulled on Cafu's shirt and Cafu did not hesitate to dive. The other decision was a ball in the armpit, I don't think one calls that 'hands'.

Anyway, good game. Juve played some of their best passing play of the season in the first half, it certainly beats the uninspired crap juve sometimes play (vs liverpool..).

The defence was a rock, I thought Milan via Crespo knew the weakness of the former parma trio (Buffon,Thuram Cannavaro)?
Thuram WAS strong though, together with they Cannavaro outshone the defensive partnership of Stam and Nesta. Did anyone notice how much trouble Nesta had with Camoranesi??
Zambrotta was back to his best, maybe even the man of the match. Pessotto excelled as well.

Midfield still wasn't THAT impressive, although a little improved.
Nedved was average to be honest, although he did a lot of hardwork he plays a little like a headless chicken nowadays.
Camoranesi was once AGAIN juve's best midfielder, making some unstoppable runs, dribbles, crosses and turns. He certainly made life hard for Seedorf, Pirlo, Maldini AND Nesta. Best rightside-midfielder in the world this season? Shame he had to go off injured though.

Upfront, Trezeguet played like Trezeguet. Quiet, invisible but scoring a good goal. Del Piero showed everyone he isn't a choker and he CAN perform in the big matches. The press put all the pressure on Del Piero to perform in Zlatan's absence, and he certainly did! DP gave Stam a lot of trouble and that overheaded Cross was amazing.

All in all, I'd say a very deserved victory especially based on the first half. Granted though, Milan did not play their best football and look a shadow of the team that dominated serie A last season.

I'm confident now Juve will cling on to win the scudetto. Three games left with Milan having the tougher of the games. + Juve can afford to draw ONE game. It'll be good to see Mutu play the last two games of the season as well.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Aug 26, 2003
Maldini Accepts Defeat
5/9/2005 8:31:00 AM
The Milan captain did not blame the Rossoneri’s defeat against Juventus on the supposedly denied penalty in favour of the home team.
Paolo Maldini showed yet again his style, both on and off the pitch, as the former international defender applauded his side for the effort and described the penalty incident as just an episode.

“It’s not over yet, but it’s undeniable that they have an important advantage. After a match like this, it’s obvious that there is a bit of silence, but anyway the coach complimented us all. We fought from start to finish. I didn’t see anything about the refereeing, and anyways it was just an episode.”

Milan now have 3 games left in the title race from which the Rossoneri must take full points if they want to keep their Scudetto hopes alive.

Maldini a true champion!

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

Maybe he's not man of the match, BUT SAYING HE PLAYED GOOD AINT ENOUGHT.....

-The Assist

-No Mistake in his passes

-Getting Fouls when he needs to

-The bar he hit, almost a goal

-Defending..

LETS BE FVCKING SERIOUS FOR ONCE...
they just cant bro

they are asking for the impossible , they want DP to do everything in the match (defending,scoring,passing,preparing,creating etc) and this is the prob

DP is one of the most important player in the squad, but unfortunately he is not a magician

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++
Furious Galliani Bitter At Collina
5/9/2005 8:29:00 AM
According to Milan’s vice-President, the world’s number one referee denied a clear penalty to the Rossoneri.
Adriano Galliani was fuming at the end of the Milan-Juventus encounter, which ended with a 1-0 win for the Bianconeri and practically awarded the Old Lady with its 28th Scudetto.

The vice-President of the Milan club preferred not to comment about referee Pierluigi Collina who, according to the Rossoneri’s camp, did not award a clear penalty to the home team which could have left things level.

“It’s better if I don’t speak, otherwise I would have to say certain things about Collina …,” declared an angry Galliani.
we know that he is the best Ref in the world
and we know that he is bold

what else?

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Maldini Accepts Defeat
The Milan captain did not blame the Rossoneri’s defeat against Juventus on the supposedly denied penalty in favour of the home team.
Paolo Maldini showed yet again his style, both on and off the pitch, as the former international defender applauded his side for the effort and described the penalty incident as just an episode .

“It’s not over yet, but it’s undeniable that they have an important advantage. After a match like this, it’s obvious that there is a bit of silence, but anyway the coach complimented us all. We fought from start to finish. I didn’t see anything about the refereeing, and anyways it was just an episode.”

Milan now have 3 games left in the title race from which the Rossoneri must take full points if they want to keep their Scudetto hopes alive.

Maldini a true champion!
wiseman
thats why i like him

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by BAH_Bianconero ] ++
Again, congrats guys for the wonderful win..! :D :D
Forza Juventus per sempre..

Formalities aside (;)) I want you to take a look at this level-headed Milan fan.. I like his attitude :D :

post #139 ..
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showpost.php?p=107444&postcount=139
He'a alright, but it isn't Collina's fault that they lost, becos if Collina were to look more sharply, he should have sent off Inzaghi for that push on Thuram's head with no apparent reason. It's doesn't take them that long to see that Seedorf is their weakest link, and they still aren't replacing him with some1 else better.

/usr/bin

Excellent
Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
Maldini Accepts Defeat
Paolo Maldini showed yet again his style, both on and off the pitch, as the former international defender applauded his side for the effort and described the penalty incident as just an episode.

Maldini a true champion!
I applaud maldini for his smart comments.. more than I can say for gailani :fero:

Len

Feb 13, 2004
Forza DP and Juventus....

All in all, I think the win was deserved....

The 28th Scudetto is right in front of us now, its a matter of us going that extra little bit to get it and secure it. The next game against Parma is that extra bit I think.. If we win, the Scudetto is 95% ours.....Its all concentration now...

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Soon to be 3 ;)

on a completely unrelated note, did anyone else find it interesting that instead of wearing a completely different jersey to the rest of the team, Buffon just wore the away kit?

He was used to do it last season, he had always the pink shirt on and once he wore the bw shirt

rokkstar

Feb 2, 2005
the most critical match we played in the season....
and we beat the rossoneri ... no doubt we're the better team.

all the lads played determinedly with hearts on sleeve...

that's why lo scudetto should be ours!!!

FORZA JUVE !!!![/ B]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)