Milan-Juventus (44 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++

Dp , well i am beyond being shocked to hear anyone say he was not the best player on the pitch, he held the ball up brilliantly, beat players with ease, brought upon fouls to mess up Milan's play, made brilliant runs into space, created the goal, even hit the post and yet thats not enuff for some 7.5
I have to concur. The defense did not have that much to do because our midfield usually haulted them from breaking through the middle of the pitch to worry our backline. Del Piero was getting involved with play frequently and of course his work around goal was magnificient. He's my man of the match as well.

peckface

approaching curve
Oct 3, 2004
Of course he was really good, but he was not the only one. Zambrotta for example, not a single mistake done by him in defence, and he was always available on he's flank. Thuram was as solid as ever and Buffon did the little he had absolutely right.

Not saying he wasn't MoM though, just saying I understand if people say other names.

Feb 26, 2005
++ [ originally posted by tassard ] ++
After this Match I can say that Cannavaro is slightly better than Nesta
Nope. Cant agree with that statement. One game is not a measure of ability. For instance, where the fuck was Cannavaro when Juventus got knocked out of the Champs League? Should Milan win it against Liverpool, then Nesta will have a Champions League winners medal around his neck. And he'll be ranked with the "greats". What will Cannavaro say to that?

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Canna plays with his heart
Thats why I love this guy and I am sure so does 99% of Juve fans worldwide
Even though this is his first season with the team it seems as he has played for Juve in the last 10 years
FORZA CANNA!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by azzurri7 ] ++

The same here, they kept on repeating the Canna penalty and Zambrotta cafu incident....Screw them....WE WON
they are desparetly trying to cover up their weakness and STILL trying to prove that they were better but unlucky!! :fero:

how stubborn!!!! :wallbang:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Lilianna ] ++

they are desparetly trying to cover up their weakness and STILL trying to prove that they were better but unlucky!! :fero:

how stubborn!!!! :wallbang:

they are very lame fans!! everytime they lose they blame referees..

and Galliani is the president of the Lega Calcio.. :groan:

how stupid

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by NEDVED ] ++

they are very lame fans!! everytime they lose they blame referees..

and Galliani is the president of the Lega Calcio.. :groan:

how stupid
they are blaming everything and everyone because they lost.
they still believe it should be a draw,if it was a draw they would say they deserved the victory.
they are blaming collina,when collina was much more unfair to us.

and in the end,if they are sooooo amazing team but bad collina didn't give them a penalty,why didn't they score 2 or 3 goals against us but waiting for a penalty to equalies?

i mean it's crazy how milanista can't eccept this defeat.
it's even entertaining!

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003

they still believe it should be a draw,if it was a draw they would say they deserved the victory.

and in the end,if they are sooooo amazing team but bad collina didn't give them a penalty,why didn't they score 2 or 3 goals against us but waiting for a penalty to equalies?

it's even entertaining!
exactly, i was reading on a milan forum the post match posts, some members were realistic and said that juve deserved it, but some were blaming collina 100%... like they are sure that juve cheated and there are 2 cancelled penalties... :groan:

i feel pitty for them..

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
pitty?
no i don't feel pitty for them.

at least they can face that we are better,or if they want to,they can say that we were better at this moment.

but we have suffered enough from milan,now they can shut up a little

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Awesome post, Graham. :thumb:

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Buffon -7-
I really want to give Buffon 7.5 just for the sheer look of concentration and determination on his face. I was cheering my ass off alongside Buffon
For me, it was great to see key leaders from this team -- much criticized for their lack of passion against Liverpool -- prove that they can be champions and not jaded by their past success. To see that kind of fight and hunger in Buffon this weekend was inspirational.

Thuram -8- - Absolutely rock solid.
The moment that summed up Thuram's performance for me was when he confidently cut out a Milan attack and galloped all the way up the pitch to attack. I also loved the way he was yelling at the troops to keep their heads up and take the points home :touched:
Good on him for not reacting childishly to Inzaghi's provocation. As the commentator said "Inzaghi is lucky that he chose to pick on a big man who doesn't tend to fall to the ground theatrically" Forza Thuram :star:
While DP was clearly the captain on the pitch, Thuram was the solid captain of our back line. Great leadership.

Cannavaro -8-
and how about that backwards header that was saved by Dida? Oliver Bierhoff would have been proud of that! He wears the number 28 for a reason...damn I love Cannavaro :touched:
Still easily in the running for my MVP of the season thus far.

But you were right about that header. Dida did well to save it, because Canna used his entire body to block Dida's view of it.

Zambrotta -7.5-
Maybe an extra 0.5 just for putting his life on the line to stop Pippo from scoring. I was yelling my ass off when Zambro did that, as was Buffon, who "celebrated like he'd just won the championship" to quote the commentator once again.
Next to the goal and DP's insane assist, this had to be my favorite moment of the match.

Camoranesi -7- -
One of our best players this season, definitely the most improved.
And I would argue that he's proven himself to be one of the best middies in Serie A this season.

Nedved -6.5- - Pavel looked a little bit out of sorts today, but he showed great determination and got off a couple of good shots in succession. Our attacking movement didn't go through him as much as usual, but Neddy always distributed the ball well when he had it.
We've all seen Neddy play far better games. But given his form of late, I thought he did a good job of causing enough havoc and being enough of a threat to distract Milan's attention and keep them on edge and uncomfortable.

Trezeguet -6.5-
He proved once again that he scores goals when he's on the pitch, and I'll be very sad to see Trez leave us, even if he's replaced by someone who gets involved a little more. One of the best finishers in the world by a longshot.
As much as I criticize his level of team involvement on the pitch, he scored probably our two most important goals this year.

Blasi (no rating) - Didn't do much apart from wasting time on the free kick, but good on him for doing so :D I've always liked Blasi, even if he doesn't have the most delicate of touches.
Though he did irritate me by blowing his marking of Serginho in the last minute that almost cost us two points, if not for Canna.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I think that Del piero proved that when he is in confidence and inspired..... even the most skilled defenders can do little to stop him the 90 minutes. IM very very proud of the captain

I still think taht Dps problems are not in his fit... but in his head. If only he played with thatd etermination all the games....

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
I totally agree with what Camo said about Juve-milan : Everybody said that they are better than us, they have more technique, their bench have more depth, and they play nicer football. thats Probably right. But we normally put more "balls" in our games.....

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
we finally showed real determination to win this match...

we had what they didn't.....the heart and the balls to face them in their home and take the match.the victory and the most precious 3 points of the whole season,home

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005

it's even entertaining!
Thats the main difference between Juventus and many other teams.
Del Piero once said: "home/away, fans, other team, pressure, Ref errors are all variables of the game, a great team should be able to cope with all variables".
This is the true Juve mentality. This is why we don't go bashing referees when they commit a mistake. We don't go calling other teams names when they are favoured by refs. Many think that we don't speak because we get favoured. Thats not true. If you look at most of the calls that favoured Juve you will notice that they are very difficult decisions, e.g. Cannavaro's offside goal in Roma. 5 or 4 cams shot the goal only one prooved that he was offside..
We try to find the problem in ourselves. We blame ourselves. Thats why we manage to win alot of trohpies.
I do believe that Collina's errors have favoured Milan more than us. The penaly is not even clear. Looking at replays Cafu was leaning on Zambrotta while trying to get the balls which made Zambrotta lose balace and fall. On the same time zambrotta was holding Cafu's shirt. Ball was at that moment with Zambrotta. So its not clear.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++
We try to find the problem in ourselves. We blame ourselves. Thats why we manage to win alot of trohpies.
That, btw, is the mark of a true champion. A team that doesn't look for someone else to blame but themselves for their shortcomings. In contrast, the helpless victim mentality is not the mark of a true champion.

I do believe that Collina's errors have favoured Milan more than us. The penaly is not even clear. Looking at replays Cafu was leaning on Zambrotta while trying to get the balls which made Zambrotta lose balace and fall. On the same time zambrotta was holding Cafu's shirt. Ball was at that moment with Zambrotta. So its not clear.
With a game of this magnitude, you'd hate to see the outcome determined by shady calls. DP's assist to Trez's header? That was true greatness, clearly worthy of the goal it produced. Milan had no answer for that which our defense couldn't challenge. To take something like those two incidents and to give penalties on their limited merit would have cheapened the DP-Trez goal ... and the game.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by ZAF3000 ] ++

Thats the main difference between Juventus and many other teams.
Del Piero once said: "home/away, fans, other team, pressure, Ref errors are all variables of the game, a great team should be able to cope with all variables".
This is the true Juve mentality. This is why we don't go bashing referees when they commit a mistake. We don't go calling other teams names when they are favoured by refs. Many think that we don't speak because we get favoured. Thats not true. If you look at most of the calls that favoured Juve you will notice that they are very difficult decisions, e.g. Cannavaro's offside goal in Roma. 5 or 4 cams shot the goal only one prooved that he was offside..
i agree on every single word.especially on the fact that we do not blam others.and when we do,we are usually right,like when we lost to reggina i think and the referee was clearly on reggina's side,he did not give us a penalty and canseled zlatan's goal.well,we were right to complain,this referee got punished-so it proves we were right.and we were right about our canseled goal in liverpool.but against chievo(if i am not mistaken) we said that the ball crossed our line and that it wasn't fair that the referee canseled their goal,we apologised and that's it.
we don't NEED to blame others,i find this thing pathetic to blame the others.
you can either get a victory,or you can't.
milan did everything they could outside the pitch,but inside the pitch they could't beat us.
and because they are so arrogant and they can't accept it,they blame collina.
for crying out load,how PATHETIC can that be????

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by madlawyer1 ] ++
Nope. Cant agree with that statement. One game is not a measure of ability. For instance, where the fuck was Cannavaro when Juventus got knocked out of the Champs League?
Cannavaro is the only player who didn't deserve a good smack on the head after the 2 matches against Liverpool. He did his defensive duties well (the 2 goals were mainly Zebina and Emerson(?)'s fault and apart from scoring our goal, he was probably our best attacking player too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)