Milan-Juventus (31 Viewers)

Aug 26, 2003
even if we have made a big step toward the title, nothing is over yet, would be the biggest mistake to think that we have won already. we must stay concentrated for the last 3 games and win the games then scudetto is ours.

forza juve

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
this is wonderful! it would be classic if both milan and juve win their remaining matches-ie we would win it derectly at their expense, and then Liverpool win the CL at their expense! would be sweet revenge for 03, with both teams I support winning trophies at the expense of Milan

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
FORZA JUVE

First of all I must say that Juve played a fantastic game. It took a whole CLUB (not just the 11 players and coach) to achevie such an important result.
The Scudetto race is not over. We should not take it for granted. There are still 9 points on the ground that we have to secure. We should play for the whole 9 points to make sure that we win the scudetto.

Its really difficult to say who was man of the match honestly all have done their work flowlessly. Capello's changes were quite good. On the contarary Ancelloti's changes were kinda screwed up. The fact that he took out Pirlo was really good for us. On the 2nd half Milan got few near-the-box free kicks that were really wanting his foot, so thank you Carlo :D ...
Back to Juve, and in particular Del Piero. All I can say is what a pass. Del Piero shines better when there is a finisher next to him. Del Piero knows how trezeguet moves and knows where does he want the pass/cross to come, same goes to trezeguet. They know each other really well. I was watching the match with my friend and I told him when the match started that we only need a GLIMPSE of Alex's Genious to finish this game (meaning score a goal). Well he did what I said :D .. Nice performance. He also managed to hit the cross bar (lucky Milan).
But still for me he wasn't man of match, not that he didn't do good, but more of there are a couple of players who were absolutely astonishing.
Thuram was great, but looked a little shaky in the first 15 min..
Nedved was good too.
Pessotto was marvelous.
Appiah was surprising good. I was really affraid he would let us down. Way to go Stephan.
Emerson was very good
Trezeguet did his job. Scored the winner.
Blasi did what I wanted him to do.. Put pressure on Rui Costa.
Birindelli and Zalayata both did well.

Now for the top four in my opinion.
Buffon was out standing, although Sheva managed to overtake him he did clear that one out with a very classy way.
Man of the match for the first half was: MAORO CAMORANESI... I really was sad he was knocked out badly, and I am praying my heart out for him that he will become fine as soon as possible. Deffinately one of our best 3 players this season.

I couldn't chose man of the match for the second half, so I put it Men of the match for the second half:
Luca Zambrotta & Fabio Cannavaro. Outstanding performance by them. No mistakes what so ever.
Now MAN OF THE MATCH AS A WHOLE: JUVENTUS. It needed a whole team..

About Collina I have these notes I'd like to point out;
1- The goal's play: Nedved got tacled badly on what it looked like a total act of violence in the field. It had nothing to do with football. I think it was from Nesta. I am not sure but I think he got a yellow hmm
2- Infort of him after the goal, Del Piero was running to catch a pass were Gattuso kicked his legs and DP fell on the ground.. Thats a hit without the ball.
3- Gattuso shouting and trying to pick a fight with Zambrotta. Nothing.
4- Gattuso Obstructing Nedved badly, just a foul without even a yellow
5- Nesta Obstructing and pulling hte shirt of Camoranesi till he fell down on a counter attack. Just a foul, no yellow.
6- Emerson did the same to Kaka in a normal attack (not counter attack) got yellow.
7- Inzaghi punching Thuram clearling infront of everyone. Nothing (lets see if he gets banned or not.. Although it wouldn't make a difference for Milan).
8- Camoranesi's Injury scene: He sprint and play with three Milanisti then get's a blow from Maldni. Collina does not award anything, not even stopping the ball for the sake of Camoranesi's health. Fair play.
9- Del Piero got tackled many times by Gattuso.. Not even a yellow.
10- Inzaghi uses the hand to control the ball. Just a foul.
11- Del Piero manavers between three player while two were lying in the ground obstructing him. He barely moves on. Foul on Del Piero. Strange.
12- Del Piero deserved a yellow for hitting the ball hard on the ground after what happened on #11. He didn't take one (but hey!! it wasn't a foul to start with).

Some are talking about Collina favouring Juve side by not awarding two penalties. I answer:
1- The Zambrotta -Cafu insidence: First of all, both were pushing. Cafu was leaning on Zambrotta.. It was a very difficult call. I honestly don't know if it should be a penalty or not. But hey wasn't Cafu offside from the beggining of the play?
2- Cannvaro's incidence: First of all it did not his hand. THE BALL WENT for his armpit/shoulder not arm. His arm was in normal pisition. So no penalty.

All in all, I am sure that the press will make sure to mention that last two things and forget about 12+ cases that happened against Juve.

FORZA JUVE.. We want the 28th Scudetto.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Guys guys.. I forgot something.. Did you see during the last minute when Serginho managed to go from the right into the box then Cannvaro made a fantastic ball intersetion!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW. Watch the video posted before about the highlights of the second half.. Its the last highlight.. AMAZING.. What a player.

Juve89

The Farmer
May 27, 2004
A strong effort from juventus' today, we played like a team and we won this match because of this. It is a big leap for the 28th Scudetto, but it isn't won yet. We must take the remaining matches very seriously and win them all....
:partie:

olkiller

Sep 9, 2002
++ [ originally posted by archaon ] ++

:touched: MOM against milan :touched:

i think cannaravo deserve it more, but anyway FORZA ALEX
I'd give Cannavaro the MAN OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP AWARD...Alex just deserved this award as the pressure was extremely high on him...He set the decisve goal up and hit the crossbar, showed his inner class.
He silenced The Milanistas and The non-believers. It's with him & trez that we won the 28th Scudetto at San Siro...That's what history will keep in the record!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)