Milan-Juventus (2 Viewers)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
This review from the official Juve site:
If the first leg match against Milan won a great deal of superlatives, the second leg is likely to run out of words in the dictionary. The match with the Rossoneri has always been exciting in itself but this year it may be worth more than three points.
Those who want the Italian championship to be radically modified, to the extent of introducing play-offs and a super-final, may be satisfied this season as Milan vs Juventus, like never before, is a decisive match. The two teams have set up a pressing duel for months and have come to the direct clash four matchdays before the end side by side on top of the table, meeting in a match that may really assign the Scudetto.

With the only exception for Lazio and Roma, in the last few years the Scudetto has been reserved to Juventus and Milan who, however, had never come to such an exciting nip and tuck and to a match that looks like a showdown.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Huzi ] ++
but remember that we're facing Milan at the San Siro , so we must keep our ambitions at the normal level !!
which means....we must fight for the draw.... :down:

you are right...
i think we went out of our minds a little.

a victory is not in our pocket....

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004
even if we lost this game we will still have a chance to get the title
Milan is going to face Udin and Palermo (away) if i am not mistaken

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++
@ Denco: O boy u dey yarn dust!
I am not sure what that means but if its negative then tough duda.
You really think i am one of those who talks negative when we lose and positive when we win with a lot of outside help?
I have so many rubbish in this forum about how superb seriea is and how crap epl is
The fact that Liverpool who could win Cl and come 5th or 6th in England , does it now mean the Epl is the strongest? Of cos it does not. Its just the way it has gone this season but going by your criteria and some others, winning the Cl is the basis of how strong your league is.
How this Juventus team is fighting for SerieA is beyond me, we are not exciting, there is no cordination and at no time have we played good football.

I have no respect for teams that go out without a whimper in Europe then on a weekend go and thrash smaller teams in the league like we did against Lecce, scoring 5, when we could not creat 1 songle golden chance against Liverpool and like Arsenal who do it year in year out.

It don't matter to me if the truth is bitter to u guys, but its the way it is

Capello , the greatest manager, what a laugh

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Falling out on away rules? Barcelona were all over Milan like a bad rash at the nou Camp and rightly beat them and were the best team in the competition before they were knocked out. Whats with Man united? They are not the best side and in my opinion not even that good they just have lots of experience in cl thats all, they have not been good for a number of years. Milan have hardly been convincing this season, last season they were imo the best in Europe but not this season, they might win it , but they do not play the best football.
If you call drawing at home to Brescia, losing to Siena and all that rubbish , strentgth of serieA, then u are just deluding yourself.
SerieA is pants this season, no oustanding team whatsoever
I still fail to see in this whole incoherent rant why Serie A is rubbish even though Milan are going to reach the final of the CL and are level on points with Juventus. It also doesn't make any sense to call losing to teams like Siena rubbish for calcio yet if I remember correctly you used the same argument to back up your claims about the EPL. And why is a league "pants" when there is no single outstanding team? Would you like Abramovich to come buy out some club in Italy and win the title by 15 points? Is that what you call "not pants" denco? I'm not seeing any sense here.

And if you're refering to me when you talk about people saying the EPL is garbage leave me out because I've stated several times all three leagues are in the same class.

Inter have played the best and they dominated Milan in the first leg only to lose 2-0
Roma have been rubbish as have Parma, Fiorentina and so many others
What's your point denco? Newcastle and Man City have good players and should be challenging for Europe, yet they have been miserable this season in the EPL. Inter have been the best team in Serie A for months now but cannot beat Milan. If they drew anybody BUT Milan in the Quarterfinals of the CL who knows what could've happened? Inter have just been extremely unlucky.

Yes Palermo, Udinese have been a credit but overall its been average with noone outstanding.
You and so many others only react when things dont go your way, no foresight at all, just medicine after death
LOL I'm not sure what you're talking about. Please leave this nonsensical matter at the door.

It took you after the Liverpool game game to realise that Olivera is of no use.
Perhaps I just give players a bit more time to show their worth? In the match against Atalanta I thought Olivera was our best midfielder and showed some talent. Then in the matches following he started to fall off. Oh well perhaps if we gave Henry more of chance instead of throwing him away like you would have done he might have shown his worth too. You gotta give players more of a chance to show what they can do, and one season coming in as sub is hardly enough. Lampard didn't look all that great before and now he's perhaps Nedved's successor as the best goalscoring midfielder in the world.

I am not that interested in only reacting when things dont go my way, i always know a good side when i see one , dont matter if u win lose or draw and of all the teams in SerieA, Inter have been the best value for money and if the had won have the matches they drew, they probably would have been champs by now
Yes they have been the best club in Serie A since Christmas.

for Juve, we would compete in SerieA cos we are very influential behind the scenes cos of Moggi and co but in Cl , with our very limited ability on the pitch we are found out time and time again.
We can with Moggi and Capello go on and be buying the free rubbish about, like Zebina, Kapo, Kovacs and the like but we will always come up short
I concur there. The freebie policy Moggi has is indeed rubbish, and we will never win the CL if we don't fill the positions with the correct players. Kovac is old and was owned against Chelsea, and if he is our backup next season our defense won't get any better. Rumor has it we will get Santos Mozart, a decent player who will add some passing range and creativity to the team but I doubt he will take us to the CL final. We can complete in a long run competition like Serie A but were faulter in Europe because we can't turn up the heat in the short run.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
Well, you said a lot of truths there I admit, nut implying that the matches are fixed is absolute bollocks.
Yes, the way we played Pool in the 1/4s was a reminder of Arsenal in their 'glorious' unbeaten run, and that sucks. Truly.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Oh my goodness Abramovich but the title? What absolute bollocks, how can you profess to know anything about football and say you can indeed by a league?
You cannot okay, yes you can spend , spend and spend but unless you buy the right players then it aint gonna happen.

Yes Abramovitch has spent but how many of them players were not grossly overpriced?
In what world is Ferreria a £12M defender? Where is Glen Johnson worth 7m, how is Drogba worth £24m

The fact of the matter is if it was anyother club that came for this players , they won't be worth as much but because it was Chelsea they have been overpriced

man united spent money on Rooney, Saha, Smith, Rio, Klerberson, Forlan, Ruud etc, Arsenal did the same with their players

Did you say Newcastle and man city have the players to be in Europe? Can you please quote these players names for me?

You think SerieA is known for its honesty

I mean even journalists in Italy will tell you that if Juve and Milan are going for the title and SerieA, they usually have a kind of gentleman's agreement to forego one for the other.

Of all the games played in SerieA this season pleae tell me one that really stands out between the so called big teams

Milan and Juve have led the way thruout, but have they been truly outstanding this season?

Milan are quite fortunate to have an all time great striker in Sheva cos most of their players have underachieved this season even if to be fair they are getting on a bit and it was always gonna be difficult for Kaka to reproduce his last season's form

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Oh my goodness Abramovich but the title? What absolute bollocks, how can you profess to know anything about football and say you can indeed by a league?
You cannot okay, yes you can spend , spend and spend but unless you buy the right players then it aint gonna happen.

Yes Abramovitch has spent but how many of them players were not grossly overpriced?
In what world is Ferreria a £12M defender? Where is Glen Johnson worth 7m, how is Drogba worth £24m

The fact of the matter is if it was anyother club that came for this players , they won't be worth as much but because it was Chelsea they have been overpriced

man united spent money on Rooney, Saha, Smith, Rio, Klerberson, Forlan, Ruud etc, Arsenal did the same with their players

Did you say Newcastle and man city have the players to be in Europe? Can you please quote these players names for me?

You think SerieA is known for its honesty

I mean even journalists in Italy will tell you that if Juve and Milan are going for the title and SerieA, they usually have a kind of gentleman's agreement to forego one for the other.

Of all the games played in SerieA this season pleae tell me one that really stands out between the so called big teams

Milan and Juve have led the way thruout, but have they been truly outstanding this season?

Milan are quite fortunate to have an all time great striker in Sheva cos most of their players have underachieved this season even if to be fair they are getting on a bit and it was always gonna be difficult for Kaka to reproduce his last season's form
Denco, can you read? Where did I say Chelsea bought the title? Of course they needed Abramovich's money to buy the players and coaches to perhaps win the title, however you still have to play 30 some games to secure it.

About this Newcastle and Man City post I made it to counter what you said about clubs like Fiorentina and Parma disappointing this year. Both of those English clubs have not done too well but they both should be in the hunt for the UEFA cup spots. I just didn't understand why you were using those examples to say Serie A is "pants" when the same thing is happening in England.

Of course Serie A is not entirely honest, nobody is, however if your going to say that both Milan and Juve supposedly cheat in some sort of "gentleman's agreement" it's almost like saying Chelsea bought the title because you still have to play for the games. Milan wasn't given those goals in the fourth minute of stoppage time, they had to score 'em themselves.

As for the big club matches the game at San Siro between us and Inter was good, and both Madoninna derbies were good. The big matches in England weren't that much better because of Mourinho's tactics with Chelsea.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dr-Juve ] ++
even if we lost this game we will still have a chance to get the title
Milan is going to face Udin and Palermo (away) if i am not mistaken
Agree, but still we should enter the pitch for 3points nothing less.

Aug 1, 2003
Im actually anticipating this match in a rather sombre mood... so... if anyone's feeling the same, hope this will lift your spirits up..

6/4/1997: San Siro

0-1: Jugovic

0-2: Zidane

0-3: Jugovic

0-4: Vieri

0-5: Amoruso

1-6: Vieri

Full time: AC Milan 1 : 6 Juventus

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
That helped Sally,but only till I realized this isn't the team of 97'.Maybe posting a couple of screenshots of this season's match against Milan would illustrate my point better,but I'm too depressed to bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)