Mike Brown/Ferguson riots (1 Viewer)

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
As the author correctly points out: "It is no secret that graduates of elite law schools, including Columbia, Harvard, Yale and Georgetown, often end up at large corporate law firms rather than working as prosecutors or public defenders.". - It's not as if this sort of thing is usually very high on their list of priorities.

And if it is, it would make more sense to get the law degree as soon as possible, so they're able to actually do something about the situation. Absurd and provocative.

- - - Updated - - -

Not quite as easy as it sounds. You don't know how others interpret your behaviour and how threatened they may feel.
For the part in bold , that's the exact thing i thought .

If a cop points a gun at you , it's pretty easy how not to make him shoot you . Either raise your hands up and stay still or lay down with your hands straight up (movement done very slowly), also say a phrase of the type of i'm unarmed i'm harmless ect (or respond to his questions if he has any) . Obviously if he asks you to move somewhere or do something else you need to be accepting and do what he says . It's pretty easy imho , in this case if he shoots you it's just because he has a grudge against you . Moving around keeping your hands down and talking back are all bad examples of what to do .

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
For the part in bold , that's the exact thing i thought .

If a cop points a gun at you , it's pretty easy how not to make him shoot you . Either raise your hands up and stay still or lay down with your hands straight up (movement done very slowly), also say a phrase of the type of i'm unarmed i'm harmless ect (or respond to his questions if he has any) . It's pretty easy imho , in this case if he shoots you it's just because he has a grudge against you . Moving around keeping your hands down and talking back are all bad examples of what to do .
It's easy for some people.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If a cop points a gun at you , it's pretty easy how not to make him shoot you . Either raise your hands up and stay still or lay down with your hands straight up (movement done very slowly), also say a phrase of the type of i'm unarmed i'm harmless ect (or respond to his questions if he has any) . Obviously if he asks you to move somewhere or do something else you need to be accepting and do what he says . It's pretty easy imho , in this case if he shoots you it's just because he has a grudge against you . Moving around keeping your hands down and talking back are all bad examples of what to do .
Well yes, if the situation is that clear cut. But it often isn't. And unfortunately belonging to a certain ethnic group might make others perceive you as more threatening, whereas belonging to a different ethnic group would make the same behaviour appear less threatening. There can be very unfortunate cases, trust me.

- - - Updated - - -

It's easy to get shot by a cop if you're black :andyandbarcelona:
It's a factor. So is the neighbourhood, the way you're dressed and even the day the cop in particular has had so far. Sure, you have the occasional nutcase who shoots people just because they're black (or women or whatever he doesn't like), but in most cases you just can't point to one factor without knowing the circumstances.

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I was mostly talking about situations similar to the one posted in the video . It was pretty easy how to behave to not get shot in that case , the cop was actually extremely lenient to his behaviour . A cop will always talk before shooting (there are nutcases obviously , but they are less rare that what some people make them be) , unless he sees you reaching for something in your body , which could be interpreted as reaching for a gun , or go torwards somebody . If you do what he says just as he says , a lot of seemingly complicated situations can be solved very easily .

Raz

Nov 20, 2005
One thing is certain. I'd shoot Zach's kids at school. I can picture them being psychopaths like Henry Rollins's son on Sons of Anarchy.
I can imagine them becoming social degenerates too, so it's better to zip that shit up before they grow up like zach v2. I really don't mind if it's school or any other public or private place though.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Can we please stop provoking Zach, any more provocations will be met with an infraction.

P.S. I dont remember if he is banned from this thread or not but yeah, there is no need for it. Last warning.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Can we please stop provoking Zach, any more provocations will be met with an infraction.

P.S. I dont remember if he is banned from this thread or not but yeah, there is no need for it. Last warning.
You can get banned from threads these days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)