Miguel in London too??? (48 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Remembering last season, I'd say he was quite solid..

Well, other than the zola incident, of course.. :moan:

Oh, welcome to the forums Mindcandy :)
do u forget his total failure to notice a 6foot4 blonde CB walking past him in the biggest of big european matches?

OwenWilson

Aug 5, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Mindcandy ] ++
Statistically, Zebina was the best defender in the whole of Serie A last season.
Stats schmats. Anybody who watched every match of last season will tell you Zebina was the weak link in defense for many of the conceded goals. He was lucky quite a few times during last season, not being called on for fouls in and around the box even though he was all over the attacking subject he was trying to mark. Then in the Cagliari match he was outjumped by the midget himself Zola only to give up the tying goal. His positioning let him down that time.

That said, if we are stuck with Zebina at RB again I have confidence that he will be decent at least.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Remembering last season, I'd say he was quite solid..

Well, other than the zola incident, of course.. :moan:

Oh, welcome to the forums Mindcandy :)
Solid? Shaky to be precise and the correct word used to describe his mental strength. That foul on Crespo during the home game against Milan almost costed us a penalty. Some of his fouls really costed us.

Lippi.am

Feb 18, 2004
Miguel is attack-minded defender and his defending abilities are not his strongest point, but if Capello wants him then he knows how to use his abilities and how to settle Miguel in Juve defense system.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++

ahh but my fried, how one dimesnional is that...only the left flank with overlapping options, with the right dead as a door nail?
I wouldn't say it's that one dimensional. Camoranesi covers the right flank with his diversity and unpredictablity. Last season Camoranesi was our biggest threat, without the aid of an attacking fulllback.
Zebina does the occasional attack as well though, he's made the occasional assist as well last season. So if Camoranesi would really need help in a certain match, Zebina could still provide the neceassary assistance.

++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
Imo miguel has suprerior technical skill to zebina, and if Mig and Rambo learn tot work in tandem, then it could provide a very fluid team.......which is what we all want :D
That's Miguel's main asset. His technical skill, while going forward. I just don't think what we need. He'd more of a luxury instead of a neceassity.

++ [ originally posted by Lippi.am ] ++
Miguel is attack-minded defender and his defending abilities are not his strongest point, but if Capello wants him then he knows how to use his abilities and how to settle Miguel in Juve defense system.
Very true.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I don`t know what about you but I want to see a better defender than Zebina in the RB position face it we need a player which stop the opposition without pulling their shirts
IMO The best man for this position is Mancini very goot at attacking and defending +very fast+Capello knows him so maybe he is after him and all of this is a smokescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)