Miguel in London too??? (52 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Depends on how well he adapts to Juve and Serie A. Zebina had to come to Juve before they'd ever consider him for an NT spot. Miguel is one of the better players on the Portugal NT.

I have a feeling that Capello is just the right coach for him, so we shall see.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Maresca78 ] ++

he will be surly better than zebina..
Don't be so sure yet.There are lots of factors to consider and while he may be a better player nobody really knows how he'll fare here.The Serie A is a pretty big step up from the Portugese Superliga.Ditto for Juve and Benfica.

Why are people always so quick to condemn Zebina anyway?He certainly exceeded all expectations last year, even if he wasn't spectacular he didn't have a bad season at all.

Sep 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
well if true, all we need to have now is a creative wideman then we would have a complete squad, possibly the most complete since the vialli ravenelli Dp days.
indeed. and no cassano! :extatic: :touched:

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
well if true, all we need to have now is a creative wideman then we would have a complete squad, possibly the most complete since the vialli ravenelli Dp days.

It maybe true, but i dont see that happening to be honest. Unless of course, we consider Pires to be good enough for that role. I dont see him being a step up from Nedved or Camo frankly. Just another one for squad depth.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by baggio ] ++

It maybe true, but i dont see that happening to be honest. Unless of course, we consider Pires to be good enough for that role. I dont see him being a step up from Nedved or Camo frankly. Just another one for squad depth.
which exactly what we need...when either neddy or camo are out...we a stuck with Oli who isnt exactly the highest quality.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I'm pretty sceptical about Miguel to be honest. He is good attacking-wise, but do we need an attacking right-back? Camoranesi covers the right-flank when attacking. Combining that with Miguel would be suicide, as we'd be left exposed at the back.

It's not the same as the Nedved, Zambrotta combination:

- Zambrotta is almost uncomparable, with his 20 lungs.
- Nedved cuts in, giving room to Zambrotta to attack.

When Zambrotta does attack, it'd be best for us to leave three defenders at the back to diminish the risks of being caught on the flanks in a counter-attack.

Miguel does not offer defensive security. While Zebina has been often critisized, unfairly, he's a better option at right-back than Miguel.

Nevermind the money we'd save, not spending it on Miguel.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think Miguel would be head-and-shoulders better than Zebina as a right back on his defensive skills alone. Not to knock Zebina here, as I think he had a very good first half of the season that surprised me quite a bit. But this is more of a compliment to Miguel's defensive skills when compared to Zebina's.

I would be far less nervous with Miguel in a last-man situation than I would be with Zebina.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I do not agree at all, as Miguel's defensive skills aren't his strongest point. That's an understatement. His tendency to attack though, leaving the defence exposed, is the bigger problem though.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++

maybe thats just me, but thats what we need.

Exactly. Only, I'm expecting Nedved to be performing that role. What I'm trying to say is Pires is only going to be a good bench player. Ideally we need somebody to replace Nedved in the starting 11.

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
I'm pretty sceptical about Miguel to be honest. He is good attacking-wise, but do we need an attacking right-back? Camoranesi covers the right-flank when attacking. Combining that with Miguel would be suicide, as we'd be left exposed at the back.

When Zambrotta does attack, it'd be best for us to leave three defenders at the back to diminish the risks of being caught on the flanks in a counter-attack.

Miguel does not offer defensive security. While Zebina has been often critisized, unfairly, he's a better option at right-back than Miguel.

ahh but my fried, how one dimesnional is that...only the left flank with overlapping options, with the right dead as a door nail?

Imo miguel has suprerior technical skill to zebina, and if Mig and Rambo learn tot work in tandem, then it could provide a very fluid team.......which is what we all want :D

Turboenvy85

Aug 30, 2004
Juve Move In For Miguel
8/4/2005 7:29:00 PM
The Bianconeri are reportedly close to finalising their squad by landing the right back they so clearly desire.

A back up central midfielder (possibly Cristiano Zanetti) and a challenger for Jonathan Zebina down the right side of defence are the focus of the Old Lady’s remaining transfer campaign.

There is notable confusion over the current ‘status’ of Miguel as a Benfica player. The Portuguese giants insist he is theirs, while the player expects to move for free.

The situation is expected to be cleared up by FIFA in the coming days, but the Bianconeri are apparently ready for all eventualities.

The player would either join on loan for a fee of around half a million pounds, with a purchase option come next summer (Miguel is unwilling to remain in Lisbon), or he will be snapped up for nothing.

Salary terms have reportedly been agreed with the international, leaving the focus firmly on the FIFA ruling.

The Turin giants are also tracking Lazio’s Massimo Oddo as an option for the right back position.

from goal.com
seems like its only a matter of days...

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
Statistically, Zebina was the best defender in the whole of Serie A last season.

We conceded only 12 goals and there were 11 clean sheets whilst he was on the pitch.

A goal was conceded every 173 minutes

The next best is Nesta. Milan conceded a goal every 159 minutes whilst he was playing.

Meanwhile, there's no doubting Miguel's quality. Nevertheless he's not had a match with Benfica for some time and he will have to be patient when he arrives in Turin . Just like Chiellini, Kovac, Giannichedda and Mutu.

As Capello uses a rotation system, everyone will have their chance to secure Scudetto 29.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Jul 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Mindcandy ] ++
Statistically, Zebina was the best defender in the whole of Serie A last season.

We conceded only 12 goals and there were 11 clean sheets whilst he was on the pitch.

A goal was conceded every 173 minutes

The next best is Nesta. Milan conceded a goal every 159 minutes whilst he was playing.

Meanwhile, there's no doubting Miguel's quality. Nevertheless he's not had a match with Benfica for some time and he will have to be patient when he arrives in Turin . Just like Chiellini, Kovac, Giannichedda and Mutu.

As Capello uses a rotation system, everyone will have their chance to secure Scudetto 29.
welcome mindcandy.....the stats may say he is good....but is still dodgy to me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 52)