Mighty Juve Vs. Deportivo (7 Viewers)

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by JuveBoy ] ++

It doesn't matter if he plays at front. I think it's his goal to reach the behind line and cross the ball to the penalty area! Just like against Udi last sunday.
the problem is he lost the ball three or four times trying to get past the players with ridiculous attempts at running past them.
he's counter productive sometimes.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
Man United were in the same groups as ours and Milan are Italian, no? :D
yeah I know but UEFA keep changing their rules so you never know with them :D

right, so we've got Barca or Valencia/Ajax then
Barca (overmars and saviola) would kill us
Valencia on form would kill us
Ajax we have a chance against but still they are tops on good form

shut up Ali, you know how much I love this :p

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++

From zero to hero
Tudor was never a zero!

it was only the injuries that caught him.

He is not a Zero... he is a hero (it wasn't the first time he scored an important goal. of course this was the most important)

ps. We need to thank Gary Neville as well. his goal was very important to us.

KeNgO

Oct 28, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paranoia ] ++

the problem is he lost the ball three or four times trying to get past the players with ridiculous attempts at running past them.
he's counter productive sometimes.
i beg to differ!!!

but zambo is doing well!!! yes he does need to improve on his defensive duties! but a game on top of another game he is improving his defensive duties!!! and his offensive duties are definitly good!!
the goal against udinese was a pure effort of zambo who stole the ball, ran with it and then gave a perfect supply to trezeguet who made no mistake and didn't waste his teammates effort!!!!

zambo is a very good player! it is just his shuffeling from one position to the next all the time that makes him not very consistent!!! besides when camo was having a shitty game like the one he had yesterday! zambo could always move to the right flank and do some damage!

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
What a rollercoaster this match was!!

The commentator really sucked btw, didn't do his homework obviously! At some point during the match when we were 1-0 up and Zambrotta made a good defensive action the guy said "Ah, Gianluca Zambrotta, another one of those great and strong Italian defenders!"

- "What did he just say?"
- "I know, I heard it too ... just ignore him..."

:D

hoshi

Sep 2, 2002
i just watched the game on espn
very stop-start, there was a certain lack of fluidity
trez seemed pretty lost for the most part, although in all fairness he wasn't getting the supply he needed in that role

i didn't realise how high ciro could jump until today, though :D

JuveBoy

Feb 4, 2003
++ [ originally posted by hoshi ] ++
i just watched the game on espn
very stop-start, there was a certain lack of fluidity
trez seemed pretty lost for the most part, although in all fairness he wasn't getting the supply he needed in that role

i didn't realise how high ciro could jump until today, though :D
it was really emotional watching our oldest player scoring the goal and celebrating with his teammates!:thumb:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
i so enjoyed taking a dig at my friend who supports milan and calls ferrara and old man. i told him i couldn't remember costacourta scoring against real madrid :D

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
yeah I know but UEFA keep changing their rules so you never know with them :D
I read the 2002-2003 edition of the 'Champions League Regulations Handbook'and came thru this about the Quarter-Finals draw:

The UEFA Administration ensures the following principles are respected:

a) The winners and runners-up of the same group must not be drawn against each other.

b) The group-winners must not be drawn against each other.

c) The runners-up must not be drawn against each other.

d) The runners-up must play the first leg at home.

It doesn't mention teams from the same association (country) being seperated at the draw. It only mentions that at the first and second group stages.

So, we could either face Milan, Barca, or Arsenal/Valencia/Ajax.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)