• W. Carvalho Y

• W. Carvalho N

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think that after Pogba we are going to need an AMF more than a straight replacement.
Pogba is great both offensively and defensively, but what would our team needs next?
Thats fairly hard to realise atm, as our team is about to change a lot.
Pogba became a starter when Pirlo was there to orchestrate our game and Vidal to give that extra push.
Then became the number 10 when the midfield was defended by Marchisio and Khedira.
Now we will have to complement a Khedira-Pjanic twin, both known for being better defensively than offensively, Asamoah, Lemina and Marchisio too, so we would rather need an AMF more than ever now!

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I think that after Pogba we are going to need an AMF more than a straight replacement.
Pogba is great both offensively and defensively, but what would our team needs next?
Thats fairly hard to realise atm, as our team is about to change a lot.
Pogba became a starter when Pirlo was there to orchestrate our game and Vidal to give that extra push.
Then became the number 10 when the midfield was defended by Marchisio and Khedira.
Now we will have to complement a Khedira-Pjanic twin, both known for being better defensively than offensively, Asamoah, Lemina and Marchisio too, so we would rather need an AMF more than ever now!
pjanic is not a defensive player in any sense. He is more attacking than Pogba himself.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
pjanic is not a defensive player in any sense. He is more attacking than Pogba himself.
:tup:

and way more precise, deadly and cold hearted than Pogba. Pjanic passes, shoots and freekicks are with sniperlike accuracy.

But obvgs pogba has other attributes that make him pogba.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
If Pogba really goes I want some physical monster who is also really fast and hard working and I dont really know which of the available mids could do this for us.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Hector Herera should be our number 1 target at all costs. Simply put this guy plays all over midfield, his energy, hustle, passing and ability up front reminds me of vidal.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Hector Herera should be our number 1 target at all costs. Simply put this guy plays all over midfield, his energy, hustle, passing and ability up front reminds me of vidal.
yeah, he has impressed me.

Anyway, we clearly need 2 midfielders? One to replace Pogba if he leaves and one to replace Marchisio who is injured.
Just generally, we need an extra midfielder. Last year we had issues in that department, especially with Khedira being so unreliable.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Is he good defensively ?
I wouldnt put him as good defensively as Arturo but his got a hell of an engine in him a constant runner. a battler. In a way i would say his best as a Box-Box. Inevitably I think his better attacking than defensive and needs more work on that side but thats not taking a lot from him defensively his solid at intercetions, has a physical built presence but just could do better with his tackling.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
I wouldnt put him as good defensively as Arturo but his got a hell of an engine in him a constant runner. a battler. In a way i would say his best as a Box-Box. Inevitably I think his better attacking than defensive and needs more work on that side but thats not taking a lot from him defensively his solid at intercetions, has a physical built presence but just could do better with his tackling.
Herrera definitely has a pair of balls. An intangible every Juve player should have. Love the guys work rate and tenacity. An Aztec Battler this cholo is. Would be a great signing for that B2B spot.

Im sort of torn though. Im not sure if we need a high intensity B2B (for which Herrera should be the primary choice) or a creative silky 3/4tista like a James/Payet. We have got players like Asa and Lemina who share some attributes with Herrera, though we dont have much creativity aside from Pjanic. Is Max still wanting a Trequartista?

Im a fan of Matic, think the guy is solid defensive midfielder, though I'm not sure we need a DM in his mold. He's not really the most mobile player right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)