• Diawara N

• W. Carvalho Y

• W. Carvalho N

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I think one of our priorities this summer was a DM to replace injured Marchisio. We were probably in the race for Gundogan, Mascherano, Kante... We were aiming big just like in the case of Alves, Higuain, Pjanic, Benatia. Those are really great players and we strengthened ourselves well.

But somehow we gave up on these DM's because of various reasons: too much cost, player wanting some other club...

Now there are very few quality options out there and I really doubt we will sign someone average just for sake of it. Wouldn't be surprised even if we close the Mercato as it is.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
So is this thread just wishful thinking, or do people actually believe we will still get another above average mid in this mercato?
that depends on your definition of "above average mid"...
over the last few days i´ve gained the impression that the only CMs, that are considered "above average" around here, are verratti and (for some odd reason) herrera.

enzo

May 14, 2012
that depends on your definition of "above average mid"...
over the last few days i´ve gained the impression that the only CMs, that are considered "above average" around here, are verratti and (for some odd reason) herrera.
Because people want well established players with GLAMOUR!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
DM: DM, Pjanic, Marchisio
RCM: Khedira, Lemina, Sturaro
LCM: Pjanic, Asamoah, Marchisio

Sold: Hernanes

Question mark: Pereyra, Marrone, Mandragora

Obviously Marchisio gets bumped to a more important role once he is 100% fit, which almost certainly won't be until 2017. Actually it'd be interesting to see what we will do with that if we actually buy an authentic DM, because Marchisio's best role is there, and Allegri sees Pjanic as a deep creator. The only way you get around that is to go to another formation, like 4-2-3-1, then that starts to affect players such as Khedira and the central defenders (5 into 2 doesn't go).

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Isco is not for sale and by the sounds of it, neither is Kovacic. To be honest, if we cannot find a decent mid, don't waste money on an average player. Would rather bring in someone young with potential who is under 21 and doesn't affect the quota - like Diawara for example.

If Zaza goes then I figure we have room for 7 senior players including home grown Marchisio. Let Hernanes go and keep Pereyra & Lemina.

Khedira, Marchisio, Pjanic, Sturaro, Lemina, Asamoah, Pereyra, Mandragora, Diawara? Maybe even keep Marrone (who is home grown on top of that list). If Zaza stays, we need to get rid of one more senior non HG mid.
Zidane recently said they have to get rid of a few midfielders and guess who hasn't been in his plans? both of them. They want big money so obviously aren't going to hound them out of the club.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I doubt Conte will let Matic go. No fucking chance in hell.

In all likelihood, agent is using us to get a better contract. And he will.

Isco is really a guy who could fall out of place at Real, specially because they love the new kid Asensio with similar characteristics.

Isco basically failed the last couple of seasons. From the sound of what his father says, it will be tough to convince him to leave Madrid too. He would have to basically be pushed off.

Kovacic could also be gettable, but also would have to be pushed off, and Im not sure he`s that good anyway.

If we really can`t get any of these guys - not because of lack of money, but because they wont leave Madrid to play in a minnor league, the best option to me would be to get a cheap experienced DM enforcer like Luiz Gustavo (when hes focused and on the right environment, hes a monster DM) and a talented young CM from Germany/France, like Dahoud, Tolisso, Bazoer, Tielemans.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Well he`s their player. But he seems more like an AM/SS/winger hybrid, he's probably replacing Jese.

Thing is James is a backup on that team, since Ronaldo + Bale are untouchable, + one CF (Morata/Bezema). With James they get too exposed. Ronaldo will move to CF soon, but not right now.

So this forces Isco to play most of times as CM, something he apparently struggles to. That would be the hole point. They tried Pogba and that Portuguese guy. The want a true CM to rotate with Modric and Kroos, maybe a guy who could even play DM, since the only one they have is Casemiro.

That guy being brought, one of Kovacic and Isco will go away. And that would be our guy. I prefer Isco one thousand times, even though Kovacic would fit well too.

And if it is Isco who is pulled out, Im sure Arsenal would pay wathever it takes to get him. So... our only realistic chance would really be Kovacic, on loan or with a recompra clause.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Talk that Matic's people are meeting with Chelsea to ask for the move, we are ready to offer 30ml.
And chelsea won't sell unless they want to regardless of the player's wishes. Marotta might want to take note here

- - - Updated - - -

Very,very quiet.I don't know if our duo intends at all to buy somebody.....
an injured schweinsteiger in the closing hours of the transfer window. you heard it first

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)