Midfield situation (23 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
That can happen with any player, no one knows how many matches each player will miss, his chances might seem higher (to miss matches), but not a certain, when he is fit, he is a definite starter.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
3 midfileders with Diego playing front of them. Camoranesi is an absolute starter, that leaves two spots for Tiago, Zanetti , Marchisio, Sissoko, Poulsen, Melo, Almiron and even Salihamidzic. This is so fucked up.

We need to get rid of 3 players at least, imo, they should be Tiago, Poulsen and Almiron. Almiron is not need at all, Poulsen is already transfer listed, Tiago should also go, yes there is a slight improvement, but he still makes errors, those errors are not as bad as last year's because he plays more attacking (errors of defenders and keepers cost more than attackers, that's what I am trying to say), he might be good next season, but if there are/were offers like the board claimed, it is stupid to keep him after two miserable seasons he had, also not forget his wages are high too..
We need to offload a couple of players, but the situation isn't too bad.

Sissoko-Melo Camoranesi with Marchisio-Zanetti-Tiago as backup.

The club are actively trying to sell Poulsen and Almiron and Salihamidzic is just an all purpose backup (as much for fullback as midfield as has been seen in pre-season).

It's all taking shape nicely.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We have Giovinco too, I don't believe he will be rotated with Diego, when Diego is fit he will always play. And I really doubt he will play front of Diego (when you have 4 great forwards). Giovinco is a super player, he is doing wonders everytime he plays, I hate to see him wasted on the bench, he should be part of the (starting) midfield..

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
This is probably your first post I strongly disagree with you :D

You serious man? Giovinco is a great team player, he doesn't only dribbles or make sexy moves, he scores goals, gives great passes, and is very very quick, organizes the attack very well. If you tell me that there is no place left for him to be a starter, maybe I can agree with you, but saying he doesn't deserve to be starter?? :mute:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I am basically saying there is no space left for him as much as anything.

Giovinco has to show he deserves play ahead of Diego or Del Piero, or do so well that he forces Ferrara to change formation to fit him into the team.

It's not that I don't think he is a very good player.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I am basically saying there is no space left for him as much as anything.

Giovinco has to show he deserves play ahead of Diego or Del Piero, or do so well that he forces Ferrara to change formation to fit him into the team.

It's not that I don't think he is a very good player.
now that sounds better, you shocked me for a second :D

Imo he did very well to deserve to be a starter, so I will go with your second option, and change system, he deserves it, definitely.. But the problem is, no one is taking care of this boy, no one is trying to make a space for him, the transfer system and all, when we will start using this great talent??

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
If the season started tomorrow my midfield would be:

Camoranesi - Felipe Melo - Sissoko

Diego​

Marchisio - replaces Camoranesi or Sissoko
Tiago - replaces Camoranesi or Sissoko
Zanetti - replaces any, preferably Felipe Melo
Poulsen - replaces Felipe Melo
Giovinco - replaces Diego
Camoranesi - replaces Diego
Sissoko - replaces Felipe Melo

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If the season started tomorrow my midfield would be:

Camoranesi - Felipe Melo - Sissoko

Diego​

Marchisio - replaces Camoranesi or Sissoko
Tiago - replaces Camoranesi or Sissoko
Zanetti - replaces any, preferably Felipe Melo
Poulsen - replaces Felipe Melo
Giovinco - replaces Diego
Camoranesi - replaces Diego
Sissoko - replaces Felipe Melo
If the season started tomorrow, Sissoko will be sidelined for injury.

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Blog: The odd couple

Slammed by critics after failing to impress, Serafino Ingardia thinks Tiago Mendes and Christian Poulsen could be Juve’s secret weapons this term

To many Juventus fans, Tiago Mendes and Christian Poulsen represent all that has been wrong with the club’s transfer policy under previous boss Claudio Ranieri and sporting director Alessio Secco.

Tiago had a good reputation in Europe, a clever midfielder, good at attacking and defending. Following his spells at Chelsea and Lyon, the Bianconeri thought they had brought in a world-class star.

Poulsen, the angry Dane, was instead a 'safe’ gamble. Ranieri preferred him to Xabi Alonso by claiming that the former Sevilla player was going to be even better than Momo Sissoko. Neither move paid off.

I’m not a big fan of the pair and never have been, but I believe a good player remains a good player no matter what. Tiago and Poulsen were two big investments and Ciro Ferrara has the duty to try and preserve their market value.

Tiago was on his way to silencing his critics last term before an injury picked up at San Siro halted his progress. Juve had spent the previous summer trying to offload him but with no success. It was a similar scenario this year with Poulsen, but the Dane continually refused all the destinations offered to him.

Now though there are certain conditions in place which could revive their Serie A careers. The Portuguese international has felt comfortable in Juve’s new three-man midfield and is one of the reasons why Cristiano Zanetti was allowed to leave.

Tiago can build the action, especially if fielded alongside defensive midfielders such as Felipe Melo, Claudio Marchisio and Sissoko. In that position, Tiago could make a real difference for the Bianconeri.

Poulsen, on the other hand, could come in use during a long hard season. After all, as Ferrara explained, the Dane is a professional who trains hard and never gives up. So now that Sissoko has been ruled out for a month or even longer, Christian should fit in perfectly.

Rotating players will be essential for Ciro and it is safer to have players with international experience than unproven youngsters. My feeling is that both Poulsen and Tiago could play an important part for Juventus this season, consistently helping them in the push for the Scudetto.

http://www.football-italia.net/blogs/si53.html

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Why don't we play 3-5-2. I think we have the players to do so.
Buffon
Legro Cannavaro Chiellini
Camoranesi Sissoko Melo De Cegli
Diego
Trezeguet Del Piero

This and a 4-3-1-2 could work. What I like about 3-5-2 is that we will play with 3 CBs and two wings how alternate defensive duties. De Cegli is more of an LM/LW than LB. Camo is a natural wing so why limit their abilities. We seem to have a fair number of players to play at the CM/DM position why not use that a play solid with two of them there. In addition we can play Diego or Giovinco behind the attackers.

Additionally, this formation would suit Giovinco the most. He is yet to develop his full strength and confidence in play making. He would get continuous help from the CMs and the wings to ease off the pressure. And if Tiago is playing we can adaprt a 3-1-3-1-2 formation with the midfield looking like this:

Sissoko
Camoranesi Tiago De Cegli
Diego​

I think that 3-5-2 would give us the central depth and the attacking width we need since we do not have proper full backs. Many will argue that non of the big teams play 3-5-2. We don't have to replicate anyones formation. We play with the resources we have.

AV-7

Jul 8, 2009
Ur 3-5-2 is similar 4-3-1-2 offensively and very much weak defensively specially against 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 whit high speed wingers, In Itally Big teams play 4-3-1-2 (Inter, Milan Roma) . this is why Napoli and Genoa were looking good with this formation.Againts ManUtd, Barca or Chelsea this formation will kill us. though Maicon will be more than happy with this formation.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Then De Cegli needs to be featured more. I am sorry but Molinaro is noway a decent fullback. He doesn't defend well and doesn't know how to cross the ball.

And although De Cegli's defensive abilities are questionable, he knows how to cross the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)