Microsoft Surface (1 Viewer)

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Well the promo videos look nice. :D

Though nothing that isn't already do-able...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Well isn't it just a touchscreen with compiz-like effects? All I see there is some fancy pics being drag & dropped. Nice idea and all but nothing too spectacular.

OP
Chxta

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    Well isn't it just a touchscreen with compiz-like effects? All I see there is some fancy pics being drag & dropped. Nice idea and all but nothing too spectacular.
    I've been trying to get some people to understand that here (you have to register), but they are being stubbornly obstinate.

I need something technical.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    I'v seen exactly the same thing on youtube a couple of month ago, it wasn't MS IIRC, kinda old news chxta...sorry, but hey you were on bbc :p

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++

Just a glorified touchscreen from what I can see. With some alleged web2.0 functionality. Looks like a great toy for kids.

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    However the idea of transferring files from a perephrial to Surface in that way is kinda novel. Don't know how will they do that....

The important thing here is, that this is easier said/shown than done. Security here is a major concern. Just placing a camera on a "surface" would give instant access like that? How about a credit card? Given MS track record with security, I don't think that this is really top of mind to them :p

Rami

The Linuxologist
    Dec 24, 2004
    I hate windows for it's monopolization but these fucking shits are still rule....
    Do you really think this would see the light? This is a marketing ploy or will be implemented in a couple of restaurants and cafes in Seattle only to flop and be forgotten...in other words this is just a gimmick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)