Michele Pazienza (21 Viewers)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I haven't watched much of Napoli. Is this guy really that bad?

Who is he comparable to? Is he better or worse than Pepe in his respective position?

I get the feeling that too many people here are just hating on him based on the opinions of a handful of members.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
he is not a bad player at all ... maybe not good enough to be a starter at a team like Juve, the old Juve that is, but would be a very useful back up. He started most games for Napoli last season and kept Gargano on the bench.
People are mostly overreacting here as they are expecting super signings instead they get someone like Pazienza.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That's not true at all. Plus I'm sure if Milan signed him you wouldn't be so cheery about it.

Pazienza only lowers the quality of this squad and offers absolutely nothing.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
That's not true at all. Plus I'm sure if Milan signed him you wouldn't be so cheery about it.

Yeah, but that's because Milan has a solid, championship-winning squad.

Obviously if he's the only midfield signing we make I'll grab my pitchfork and join the queue, but if he's an improvement on any of our current players and we signed him for free, I don't see what all the moaning is about.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

With Milan in CL when they need basically two top-quality players for more or less each position on the field, no, I'd not be happy if one of those spots went to Pazzienza.

Juve, being out of CL, however, will not have enough important games to deal with so having Pazzienza as a back up is more than fine as he is one player who is unlikely to complain due to spending too much time on the bench, while being good enough as a reliever.

And the guy came for free, with low wages ...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Obviously if he's the only midfield signing we make I'll grab my pitchfork and join the queue, but if he's an improvement on any of our current players and we signed him for free, I don't see what all the moaning is about.
What player is he an improvement on? Sissoko? The latter deserves to be sold but Pazienza is not the better player. No way.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
With Milan in CL when they need basically two top-quality players for more or less each position on the field, no, I'd not be happy if one of those spots went to Pazzienza.

Juve, being out of CL, however, will not have enough important games to deal with so having Pazzienza as a back up is more than fine as he is one player who is unlikely to complain due to spending too much time on the bench, while being good enough as a reliever.

And the guy came for free, with low wages ...
I don't agree with the premise either way. But chances are he will receive a decent amount of time considering how we usually have injury problems and he'll be the option to plant right in front of the defense should we defend a lead. I'm not comfortable with that either.

Hopefully we don't see a minute of him because he's not a good player.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009

Sure it's early days, but all we've heard over and over has been "we'll sign players of quality." Thus far, they've brought us a washed-up Pirlo, a mediocre Ziegler to start at LB, and maybe another "squad depth" signing in Pazienza. That's what last year was supposed to be for, "depth and numbers." Same old story. It's arguable whether we even really need the guy, but mainly, the backlash stems from his arrival being directly on the back-end of all that "quality" lip service they've been paying to the supporters. If this rubbish transfer had come later on in the window, after Marotta had made good on some of those statements about "a player of the stature of Aguero, Tevez or Benzema will arrive", I'm sure there wouldn't be much of a fuss at all.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I don't agree with the premise either way. But chances are he will receive a decent amount of time considering how we usually have injury problems and he'll be the option to plant right in front of the defense should we defend a lead. I'm not comfortable with that either.

Hopefully we don't see a minute of him because he's not a good player.
well, I guess we have to agree to disagree ... as a Milan fan, I hope you are right, but I am pretty sure he will prove you wrong in the not-so-many games he will have next season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I could see us starting with the 4-2-4 or whatever and then realizing the 4-3-3 is what provides us the best results. So lets say Pazienza is the 5th and final option for the CM role. Pirlo, Melo/Inler, Marchisio, Pazienza and a Pirlo backup. So Pazienza would be the Melo/Inler backup or the defensive option off the bench. Any injury to one of the DM's or Marchisio would mean he sees at least some time on the pitch. If Conte is adamant about sticking with the 4-4-2, then he might just go with Marchisio as the Pirlo replacement and stick with 4 CM's. That way Pazienza could potentially see a lot of time.

If we stick with the 4-4-2 throughout and Pazienza is the 5th player, then Marrone or Ekdal should have been brought back.

OP
Fake Melo

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
  • Thread Starter #597
    Early this morning Michele Pazienza has started his medical check-up.

At 8.30pm, the midfielder was at the Fornaca di Sessant clinic to undergo the first part of his medical check-up, which will be followed by a general medical examination at Isokinetic and by fitness tests at the Sports Medicine Centre in Torino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)