Michele Pazienza (1 Viewer)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
:toast:
no need to get restless here - unless Conte is an utter idiot, which he obviously not, he knows well that Pazzienza is just a back up, bit player, whose only chance of getting on thefield is if 3-4 players before him get injured, and nothing more.

It is indeed debatable if for this role you won't be better off using one of your youngsters but then again, Pazzienza is not such a bad player to have for free - he has considerable experience and did start in majority of games for a team that finished 3rd last year, after all ... that does count for something.

Juve may not be playing CL but you guys still need some depth in the squad at the same time, however, there won't be enough important games on Juve's calendar, so that you can afford to have top-notch players for back up simply because they would want to play regularly and won't be happy with scraping the bench.
Pazzienza does fit that bill considering you will most likely sell Sissoko and maybe someone else of the less important mids too. Melo is likely to stay, if not, I am sure Juve will invest his transfer fee in another starting midfielder who will not be Pazzienza by any means.

Should Juve make the CL spots next season, unless Pazzienza turns out great performances on a regular basis this year, I don't see him staying to be part of the CL squad. With making the CL, Juve will have lots of money to invest - just making the groups brings in close to 30 mil - plus, the club again will be an attractive place for top players.
Above all,however, Juve will need two equally good players for pretty much every position on the field, which will most likely spell the end of Pazzienza's career at Juve - after all, just because you signed him this summer, doesn't mean you cannot sell him the next.
Right now, however, with Juve out of the CL, his presence on the team is more than fine for the back-up he will be.
Well put, mate. :toast:

And this repeated drivel about SIGNED ONLY BECAUSE HE IS ITALIAN needs to be tempered with some common sense. There are such obvious advantages to signing players already well established in serie A, that it pointless outlining them to anyone who can't see them.

The first team players of Bonucci, Chiellini, Buffon, Melo, (marchisio), Pirlo, Krasic, Matri, Quag/DP...are of a decent standard. We are aiming to add 2 players of real quality, a solid LB (we have now), and a solid RB. As well as this, we need to improve the backups if possible. Its all very well talking of youngsters, and I agree to an extent, but when we can have a backup replace an inferior backup, for less money, and zero fee, it makes sense to do so. And nobody can say that our youngsters have the experience and solidity of even a clearly limited Pazienza. By all means give the youngsters a chance, I hope especially to see Gabriel Appelt get some time in the first team...but I am basing that on two youtube videos.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And this repeated drivel about SIGNED ONLY BECAUSE HE IS ITALIAN needs to be tempered with some common sense. There are such obvious advantages to signing players already well established in serie A, that it pointless outlining them to anyone who can't see them.
But in a way, you actually just admitted that Pazienza was signed because he is Italian. :lol:

This whole Serie A experience thing is overrated. We have had all sorts of players from Serie A flop and prove it doesn't mean much at all, but lets not use facts to back an argument. If Serie A experience is the only good thing we can say about this guy, it just proves my point even further that his arrival isn't based on merit.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
But in a way, you actually just admitted that Pazienza was signed because he is Italian. :lol:

This whole Serie A experience thing is overrated. We have had all sorts of players from Serie A flop and prove it doesn't mean much at all, but lets not use facts to back an argument. If Serie A experience is the only good thing we can say about this guy, it just proves my point even further that his arrival isn't based on merit.
Without doubt his nationality, the fact that he knows italian culture, speaks italian, has played italian football for many years, and played a fair amount last season for an italian team which finished 3rd in the league...of course...these factors are important. i understand your point of view, but it just seems more common for non italians to be criticizing the purchase of italians, and I quite like the idea of having mainly italians in the team. as we are an italian team. The way things are looking we could have :

Buffon
Beck/lichsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Ziegle
Melo Pirlo Inler
Krasic Matri Sanchez/Aquero/ some other high quality foreign striker/bastos

that team is 5 italian/6 non italian. Hardly Ital-juve...Add in Gabriel Appelt, as a potential addition to the first team squad...and a slim chance of sorensen, then your point seems rather mute.

Its my personal opinion that I prefer a juve team with a core of italians augmented by a core of talented foreigners who are suited to our league and to italian culture in general. Perhaps thats my italian blood talking more than a searing desire for victory at all costs, but so be it. Chelsea and Arsenal have often fielded next to no englishmen in their teams. Success has come via intelligent and hyper costly purchases from abroad. But out of the top teams in England, I prefer Man U, because they have a history of using players from the UK. That seems to have been changing a little over recent seasons, but still I prefer to see a team from england, containing english players, not 90% foreigners in the starting XI.

Ultimately we all want juve to be successful. How we go about that differs in many supporters minds and hearts.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Without doubt his nationality, the fact that he knows italian culture, speaks italian, has played italian football for many years, and played a fair amount last season for an italian team which finished 3rd in the league...of course...these factors are important. i understand your point of view, but it just seems more common for non italians to be criticizing the purchase of italians, and I quite like the idea of having mainly italians in the team. as we are an italian team. The way things are looking we could have :

Buffon
Beck/lichsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Ziegle
Melo Pirlo Inler
Krasic Matri Sanchez/Aquero/ some other high quality foreign striker/bastos

that team is 5 italian/6 non italian. Hardly Ital-juve...Add in Gabriel Appelt, as a potential addition to the first team squad...and a slim chance of sorensen, then your point seems rather mute.

Its my personal opinion that I prefer a juve team with a core of italians augmented by a core of talented foreigners who are suited to our league and to italian culture in general. Perhaps thats my italian blood talking more than a searing desire for victory at all costs, but so be it. Chelsea and Arsenal have often fielded next to no englishmen in their teams. Success has come via intelligent and hyper costly purchases from abroad. But out of the top teams in England, I prefer Man U, because they have a history of using players from the UK. That seems to have been changing a little over recent seasons, but still I prefer to see a team from england, containing english players, not 90% foreigners in the starting XI.

Ultimately we all want juve to be successful. How we go about that differs in many supporters minds and hearts.
I don't give a shit about Pazienza enough to bitch about him, but even if I did, I wouldn't because I know realistically he'll be third choice or second in case of injuries.

But what bugs me is this Ital-juve shit. I couldn't care less whether Juve has any italians at all, a club should have nothing to do with the national team and considering how we were treated by Italy in 2006 and after being the main reason they won the World Cup, I think Juve should have even nothing to do with those corrupt scumbags. If anything they should withdraw their players until the FIGC fixes their shit.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
There's never any good news. We have been pathetic for 2 years now. If I were only to post when there is positive news, then I might as hold maintain my silence until 2015 :lol:
Fuck...you see us waiting another 4 years,mate!!! before a horizon of positivity will appear...?

Anyway, regardless that I seem to attempt to inject some optimism into proceedings, your cynicism is too rooted in facts for me to ever ignore...and I see you and cron mainly, as a reliable counterbalance to any attempts i make to dream too much. Dream killers! the both of you...but also both valued juventini.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I am just concerned that we are focusing on strengthening the bench, when our starting 11 still requires a lot of work. It's not like we have a solid, world beating starting 11, to start focusing on small fry who are essentially worthless like Pazienza.

Get me an Aguero/Sanchez/Neymar, a reliable/solid RB, along with a solid option for LW (so that all the pressure doesn't fall on Krasic and his right flank again), and I shall stop moaning. However, purchasing guys like Pazienza to strengthen our bench, when our starting 11 has tons of gaping holes is utterly senseless!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't have a problem with Italians. Del Piero, Buffon, Ferrara, Pessotto, Baggio, et cetera are some of my favorites in the game. I also don't mind a Juventus squad with loads of Italian players, that's probably the way it should be. What pisses me off is signing players based on nationality alone instead of actual skill. None of what you mentioned, whether it be speaking the language or having Serie A experience, is as important as the skill a player possesses. Not even close. We already have enough Italians on the side and we better start nurturing the Italian talent coming through our own ranks instead of signing mediocres from elsewhere.

The whole premise of signing Pazienza is completely backwards to me and absolutely nothing will change that. I am one of those folks that despises the way Sissoko has played after his first season, but I'd even take him over Pazienza without thinking twice. The latter has absolutely nothing to offer... at all. It's a joke to even compare the two. A player like Marrone would fill in just as well, and he's one of our own.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
Is this for real? When does he sign? :sick:

Yep I would much prefer bringing Marrone back and giving him a go.

Signing these nothing players like Pazienza is fucking pointless.
:agree:

As a backup for Serie A who would complain about Marrone? HG, lower wages than this guy, marge to improve himself and he already played under Conte.

But well, afterall we're after young italians (+26) and not italian children.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I don't have a problem with Italians. Del Piero, Buffon, Ferrara, Pessotto, Baggio, et cetera are some of my favorites in the game. I also don't mind a Juventus squad with loads of Italian players, that's probably the way it should be. What pisses me off is signing players based on nationality alone instead of actual skill. None of what you mentioned, whether it be speaking the language or having Serie A experience, is as important as the skill a player possesses. Not even close. We already have enough Italians on the side and we better start nurturing the Italian talent coming through our own ranks instead of signing mediocres from elsewhere.

The whole premise of signing Pazienza is completely backwards to me and absolutely nothing will change that. I am one of those folks that despises the way Sissoko has played after his first season, but I'd even take him over Pazienza without thinking twice. The latter has absolutely nothing to offer... at all. It's a joke to even compare the two. A player like Marrone would fill in just as well, and he's one of our own.
I see your point, as I see bianconero81's before...I cannot disagree. On anything other than going as far as to suggest that Pazienza has less to offer than a player whose daring, gallantry, athleticisim and tackling have never been in doubt, yet his ability to pass the ball in a straight line, over 5 yards or more has been constantly lacking...Depends on what is meant by 'more to offer' if we are playing semantics, but...i agree with BN, and yourself who also thinks this: its a signing of at most, little consquence regarding adressing our most urgent and seriously fucked up problems. I simply take a different stance to you two, and try hard to focus on the small improvement in a back up position in the squad, saving us money in the process, and allowing us to also make some money from selling Momo. If that proves the case...

Pazienza has nothing to do with our major problems, and the transfer to me, is a important, as say...Daud going on co-ownership to bologna, for 0,5m. Interesting...to a degree, but nothing much at all to do with what needs to be done to give us any chance of improving upon yet another dreadful season.

Its not a joke to compare pacienza and momo when we are considering one coming IN to replace the other. its something actually potentially happening...I hope i have never used the word 'despised' to condemn Momo's form...that seems too much. For mainly I have felt pity for him...its horrible to watch any professional footballer, whether on your team or otherwise who averages a 3% pass completion rate. Pazienza, from what I have seen, which isn't much...is mobile, reads the game OK, is solid in the tackle, offers next to nothing going forward, but is capable of covering, hastling, tackling, and playing 5 yard length or more passes, with a far greater % than Momo's 3%...

its surely not anywhere near one of our major moves of the transfer market...a footnote, nothing more.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
IBut what bugs me is this Ital-juve shit. I couldn't care less whether Juve has any italians at all, a club should have nothing to do with the national team and considering how we were treated by Italy in 2006 and after being the main reason they won the World Cup, I think Juve should have even nothing to do with those corrupt scumbags. If anything they should withdraw their players until the FIGC fixes their shit.
WTF? You're supporting the wrong club...support Inter if you don't want any Italians here!!!

May 22, 2007
But what bugs me is this Ital-juve shit. I couldn't care less whether Juve has any italians at all, a club should have nothing to do with the national team and considering how we were treated by Italy in 2006 and after being the main reason they won the World Cup, I think Juve should have even nothing to do with those corrupt scumbags. If anything they should withdraw their players until the FIGC fixes their shit.
None of the players would accept that, and clubs cannot do that. It would destroy the team, actually.

The Juventus influence on the national team is great to me. Vital influence on the last two world cup wins. :heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)