Michele Pazienza (4 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
it's totally sensible to work this way if you have no money.

if you want to change the squad and dont have money, you will have to buy a replacement for someone (in this case hopefully sissoko) you will sell or plan to sell.

the only way to get money for other transfers is, buy a replacement that is cheaper than what you get for the player you want to sell (momo).

so instead of having some sissoko warming the bench and getting paid good, get a mediocre one that earns less which will free funds to spend elsewhere.

on top of this its surely better the youngsters to compete with some pazienza for a backup place, then with a high paid sissoko. since the quality difference is not that big the youngster might actually be more motivated (because of the probability of taking pazienzas place as backup).

it's funny how someone with a brain could even think that we should buy stars for millions of € just to replace backup players in positions we are already well supplied with.

i can understand if someone would blast the purchase of a pazienza-level fullback, but getting a cheap replacement for a player that is not needed and can generate funds by selling him is totally sensible ...

we will have pirlo, melo, marchisio, pazienza for the central midfield spots ... thats totally ok for a team only having two domestic competitions to play in next season. an expensive backup in form of sissoko is just not needed. we actually improved our starting line up while paying no transfer fees and being able to get money by selling sissoko ...
You mean Ziegler?
Ppl who defend Pazienza, tend to defend Reto as well...

rainhard

May 5, 2004
TEAM Competition GS SB G A SH SG FC FS YC RC
Napoli Europa 3 2 0 0 1 1 4 1 1 0
Napoli Ita Cup 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Napoli Serie A 30 1 1 2 18 3 62 25 6 2
Season Totals 34 3 1 2 19 4 66 26 7 2

That is Pazienza stats for Napoli last year. He is their starting midfielder with 30 games in serie A.

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Oh come on stop moaning.. He'll just replace Sissoko as a backup with lower salary. At least he is able to pass the ball and play some football. What do you want Essien or Yaya Toure for dm backup?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I think he meant Pazienza being a replacement for Sissoko.
i m pretty sure that he was talking about a wingback
Oh come on stop moaning.. He'll just replace Sissoko as a backup with lower salary. At least he is able to pass the ball and play some football. What do you want Essien or Yaya Toure for dm backup?
Well ppl have been expecting the likes pastores and other offensive midfielders, replacing Sissoko with Pazienza and Pirlo for Aquilani means that our slots are already given and we only need some fine tuning for the depth players.
(Unless we sell Melo as well and have a squad without DMs)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Average player, but damn are you guys overreacting. Free player, who'll be a more than reliable backup. Yes I know we should be buying starters blablabla.
Reliable in what way? The fact that he can at least run and step onto the pitch?

Yeah sure, very reliable indeed.

pierrelb

May 9, 2008
not liking this one at all. napoli's clear weakness this season was their CM and we're picking players from it. maybe adds depth to the position, but he's just not good enough for me. any chance we move to a 4-3-3?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Why not go for Palombo as third or 4th choice instead of Pazienza? Isn't Palombo cheap now that Samp went down?

Problem is that I wouldn't be surprised if Palombo was Melo's replacement...

electricRoo

Feb 27, 2011
Well, we free up money from Sissoko's wages and we'll get some cash from his sale so whatever. I'd rather have a youngster as backup, but hey, the savings are ok. Welcome and don't screw up too much, may we not see you too much on the pitch either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)