Michele Pazienza (3 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
We will save 1m someone will say, but what will we use that 1m on? Another Pazienza-esque signing? Or that much needed 1m to trigger the 45m Aguero clause :excited: You judge whats more probable ;) :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We will save 1m someone will say, but what will we use that 1m on? Another Pazienza-esque signing? Or that much needed 1m to trigger the 45m Aguero clause :excited: You judge whats more probable ;) :p
This on a comparison with Sissoko?

If so, after taxes it'll be 2m saving on wages + the fee recieved for selling Sissoko.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Everything from last summer is coming back to me. "Give him a chance", "See what happens". That attitude got us where, 7th, right? I am not giving Marotta the benefit of the doubt, frankly, I'm doing the opposite. Everything he does is suspicious to me.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, though I'm thinking strictly on salary the player gets (what we usually hear), forgot about taxes (didnt bother with potential sale fee, just wage budget saving).

Its typical murmurs, but did I hear that Conte wants to keep Momo? Who I'm ok with seeing him go, if we get a good deal, but I genuinly laughed when people were saying Pazienza is better several pages back. To say the least, I would prefer the donkey show of Momo still over him (ONLY upside is the good fee would get of selling Momo).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Everything from last summer is coming back to me. "Give him a chance", "See what happens". That attitude got us where, 7th, right? I am not giving Marotta the benefit of the doubt, frankly, I'm doing the opposite. Everything he does is suspicious to me.
Indeed, its the same routine every summer. Exact same arguments used for Conte that was for Ciro/Del Neri, and average player after average player, we simple settle for them with very apologetic mindset/arguments. "Give him a chance" is the magic sentence.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah, though I'm thinking strictly on salary the player gets (what we usually hear), forgot about taxes (didnt bother with potential sale fee, just wage budget saving).

Its typical murmurs, but did I hear that Conte wants to keep Momo? Who I'm ok with seeing him go, if we get a good deal, but I genuinly laughed when people were saying Pazienza is better several pages back. To say the least, I would prefer the donkey show of Momo still over him (ONLY upside is the good fee would get of selling Momo).
While I agree that Momo is definitely a better player he really hasn't shown it for a while now. I'd say his use for this team has come to an end.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yes I agree, you wont see me disagreeing, but as I said, only reason I would see as an upside him replacing Momo? The sale fee of Momo we can (operative worth) to improve our squad. Nothing else, I much rather take the gamble on Momo playing to his usual past level (going terribly off form after injuries is nothing new to him, happend at all 3 clubs of his), then seeing the utter utter mediocre ceiling of Pazienza..

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Ok, let's look the positive sides of this signing if it's to replace Sissoko...

-Pazienza's passing is much better.
-He is cheaper
-We can get about 8M euros on Sissoko's sale.
And the disadvantages:
-Pazienza's defending is worse to Sissoko's (considering we have Pirlo and Marchisio/Aquialni to do the passing, chances are that we will need a DM more, esp if we sell Melo too)
-Worthless actually, he is worth less of what we are paying! Sissoko worths nothing to keep, to acquire that mediocre Italian, we need cash.
-Which is much less than we gave and much less than what we will have to pay, to acquire a DM, of similar quality, chances are that we will pay much more, to bring in another mediocre Italian 28-30 year old DM, that if Gattuso is not an option...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Indeed, its the same routine every summer. Exact same arguments used for Conte that was for Ciro/Del Neri, and average player after average player, we simple settle for them with very apologetic mindset/arguments. "Give him a chance" is the magic sentence.
What we should do is sign people and then not give them a chance, sack them quickly.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yep, no doubt about that. At least you're sane.

It's because those people don't use their brains in evaluating stuff. They use their love for Juve instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)